Gamespot declares war on the WiiU

#1jungfreudPosted 11/21/2012 7:24:03 PM
Been reading various reviews and commentary about the WiiU, and while I generally like gamespot for reviews, they seem to have launched an all out war on the WiiU.
Witness:

1. They are by far the outlier on their ZombiU review, 4.5 and, suspiciously, it was leaked before the embargo. Since they are often on or near the consensus for most other titles, this seems bizarre.

2. For the various ports (Darksiders 2, Batman, Sonic racing, ME3) they dismiss any and all gamepad funcionality, along with the fact that these games include DLC free, while at the same time penalizing the games for graphical and technical issues that I'm not entirely convinced aren't present in at least one other console version (for example, ME3 ran poorly on my PS3, I haven't noticed it running poorly on my WiiU). The result is lower scores, even though games like Batman are being scored as virtually identical or enhanced versions on other sites.

3. Their front page news regarding the WiiU has seemingly focused on it failings, including a now running front page article titled, provocatively "the shortcomings of the WiiU" which rails against the included features and software of the console with a seeming disregard for any and all innovation or uniqueness displayed. For example, they spend an entire paragraph complaining the the gamepad does not allow remote play more than 30 feet from the console, as if that was a feature that was promised or is standard on any other console at the moment.

Add to that their criticism of the open storage solutions the WiiU allows, which I understand people dislike because of the requirement for additional power outlets but really beats paying 5x the price for a proprietary microsoft hard drive for my xbox when I can buy a generic USB hard drive for much less money, and swap them out as necessary on the WiiU.

In conclusion, the overall tone of their coverage seems excessively negative for a major site, and given their pass on the titanic that was the Vita and the mediocre redesign of the PS3, along with their consistent worship of every flagship AAA title over the years, it seem a bit inconsistent, to say the least, that they are coming out so strong against Nintendo. Let the conspiracy theories begin.
#2SoljahPosted 11/21/2012 7:26:44 PM
this is what happened" Gamespot went to nintendo headquarters and asked for money to promote their system. Nintendo said "hell no, you guys are idiots..." in a cute japanese kinda voice.

Gamespot basically tries ruining them, it won't work though.
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#3SkyCrackersPosted 11/21/2012 7:28:11 PM
It's not a conspiracy, or a war, there are just a few guys on the Gamespot staff who don't like Nintendo. Journalists are entitled to their opinions, too. And at least they're professional about them.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#4teehee23Posted 11/21/2012 7:28:22 PM
I disagree.
They scored Sonic allstar racing Transformed 6.0 but say it's due to a game breaking glitch in the Wii U version and once it gets patched the Wii U version is as good or maybe even better than the other versions.

http://www.gamespot.com/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed/reviews/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed-review-6400443/
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#5Sky_RayquazaPosted 11/21/2012 7:28:24 PM
Gamespot has been biased against Nintendo for a very long time, so I'm not surprised about this.
---
Official Lemmy Koopa of this site.
Official Root Beer Float of the IDF.
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/21/2012 7:29:29 PM
Been reading various reviews and commentary about the WiiU, and while I generally like gamespot for reviews, they seem to have launched an all out war on the WiiU.

Typical nintendo fanboy overreaction thinking everybody has it out for nintendo, despite having no proof, or logical explanation why.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#7jungfreud(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 7:30:21 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Typical nintendo fanboy overreaction thinking everybody has it out for nintendo, despite having no proof, or logical explanation why.

Read the rest of my post.
#8teehee23Posted 11/21/2012 7:30:52 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I agree and wish they knew how childish they sound.
I would tell them but it's past their bedtime @ 7:30.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#9Sylar100Posted 11/21/2012 7:31:34 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-shortcomings-of-the-wii-u-hardware-6400507/?tag=Topslot%3bWiiUHardware%3bTheShortcomingsOfTheW

It's a good article, no reason to hate them for the truth
#10IceyflamePosted 11/21/2012 7:33:05 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I noticed all you do here is troll but you have bad material troll better please