Gamespot declares war on the WiiU

#31hustlin_pimpstePosted 11/21/2012 8:30:00 PM
When people try to discredit gaming sites, they sometimes say "Only trust other users and gamers reviews" ... well, the Wii U Basic is sitting at 3.5 stars on amazon, so maybe a lot of people have issues with the Wii U and it's not just a conspiracy about Gamespot.
---
Make adorable new, demon friends ... grr snarl
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/64267041 Don't worry .. it's Official!
#32blankempathyPosted 11/21/2012 8:34:58 PM(edited)
hustlin_pimpste posted...
When people try to discredit gaming sites, they sometimes say "Only trust other users and gamers reviews" ... well, the Wii U Basic is sitting at 3.5 stars on amazon, so maybe a lot of people have issues with the Wii U and it's not just a conspiracy about Gamespot.

You've never heard of reviews skewing the score of popular items before? Cmon now. Also 4 stars for the deluxe version. Nice job of delivering half truths. Also one of the 2 star reviews are "buy the black one instead" and the 1 star review is this.
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Console-8GB-Basic-U/product-reviews/B0050SVHZO/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
Also the 2 star review "I can't play nsmbu because my pro controller won't sync up" lol. Also mostly complaints about the initial firmware update.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#33SmartMan72Posted 11/21/2012 8:32:08 PM
teehee23 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Been reading various reviews and commentary about the WiiU, and while I generally like gamespot for reviews, they seem to have launched an all out war on the WiiU.

Typical nintendo fanboy overreaction thinking everybody has it out for nintendo, despite having no proof, or logical explanation why.

I agree and wish they knew how childish they sound.
I would tell them but it's past their bedtime @ 7:30.

Get out.
---
3DS FC - 3093-7179-6669/ NNID- stinx92
#34jairusmonillasPosted 11/21/2012 8:34:35 PM
Gamespot is just saying what 80% of other gamers already think of Wii U, a massive failure.

almost par with ps3 and 360 but with MUCH MUCH LESSER LIBRARY OF GAMES.

poor online.

gimmick tablet controller.

and poor rehashed 1st party games.

and let's not forget, Wii capture the hearts of many because its not only a game but a good option for burning calories, Wii U is not like that, its a tablet geez. its going to flop.
#35blankempathyPosted 11/21/2012 8:37:19 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
Gamespot is just saying what 80% of other gamers already think of Wii U, a massive failure.

almost par with ps3 and 360 but with MUCH MUCH LESSER LIBRARY OF GAMES.

poor online.

gimmick tablet controller.

and poor rehashed 1st party games.

and let's not forget, Wii capture the hearts of many because its not only a game but a good option for burning calories, Wii U is not like that, its a tablet geez. its going to flop.

Just like the Vita did right? I remember you from the Vita board as well. You made a whole bunch of troll topics there too like this gem

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64536678
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#36AccrovideogamesPosted 11/21/2012 8:50:06 PM
I stopped taking Gamespot seriously after they fired Jeff Gerstmann. I only visited their website for him. We all know the truth about why they fired him, they caved in to advertiser pressure. When Gamespot gives a good review score, you can bet your ass that it's because the publisher paid them. The reason why they're bashing the Wii U is because Nintendo refused to encourage such practices. You have to admire them for that.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#37xmoonfangPosted 11/21/2012 8:52:06 PM
gamespot? theres more bashing wii u for having a weak cpu not just gamespot the majority is bashing the wii u for being expensive for a current generation system
#38BurgerTime79Posted 11/21/2012 8:52:53 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
I stopped taking Gamespot seriously after they fired Jeff Gerstmann. I only visited their website for him. We all know the truth about why they fired him, they caved in to advertiser pressure. When Gamespot gives a good review score, you can bet your ass that it's because the publisher paid them. The reason why they're bashing the Wii U is because Nintendo refused to encourage such practices. You have to admire them for that.

The Jeff incident, the people trashing on the transgendered reviewer, and (personally for me) the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team Blue review.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#39Executioner232Posted 11/21/2012 9:07:31 PM
honestly, this new gen has been one great flop so far (3ds isnt exactly succeeding with the sheer size of the mobile market taking them down, and theyre doing the best)

sony and microsoft have their work cut out for them trying to make this next gen count for them, ive heard from many people in my town who have had to completely send in the WiiU for repairs after they just took it out of the box.
---
PSN user - Exterminator8954
#40teehee23Posted 11/21/2012 9:10:14 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
....The reason why they're bashing the Wii U is because Nintendo refused to encourage such practices. You have to admire them for that.

Admire what?
That just sounds so stupid and are you really that ignorant?
In case you didn't know, Gamespot score Sups Mario Galaxy 2 a 10. A perfect ten! And it deserved it and is one of the bestest platformers ever, imo. But Gamespot also scored Zelda Skyward Sword a 7.5 but that game is a pos and deserved a 4 at most.

I don't understand how anyone can say Nintendo refuses to pay off reviewers when Skyward Sword got a 7.5 when it's such a pathetic game.

So either Gamespot liked it or Nintendo paid them off, take your pick but be consistent.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...