Gamespot declares war on the WiiU

#91DrumguyPosted 11/22/2012 9:19:55 AM
Well, if you take GameSpot's (or IGN's) opinions that seriously, you've got something wrong. I disagreed with a lot of GameSpot's Wii game reviews.
#92SorsShinjoPosted 11/22/2012 9:30:39 AM
jungfreud posted...
sonic777 posted...
I don't think 15 reviews, all on a scale of 10, counts as "large samples of data," and 4.5 being close to scores of 5 and 5.5 make it reasonable to include. Just because you don't agree with 4.5 doesn't mean we just sweep it under the rug.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/zombiu/critic-reviews

Sample size is 24, with one "negative" (red) review. And the reviews are using the decimal, as is the average, so it is actually more like a scale of 100. But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Nobody is talking about sweeping anything, we are talking about the same methodology that metacritic and other aggregation sites use. The only difference is metacritic doesn't exclude outliers, it just makes it obvious which ones they are so you can identify them for yourself.

you know, red doesn't mean "outlies" it just means "below 50"

if you want to talk about outliers, use the standard deviation, which is 13 on a median of 73.
this makes every review above 86 and below 60 an outlier, kicking out the 4 best and the 4 worst reviews in this case.

really, fanboys and logic
---
If you feel scammed by a company but don't want to stop playing their games: Buy them used, it's the smart gamer's boycott method
#93jungfreud(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 10:39:27 AM
SorsShinjo posted...
jungfreud posted...
sonic777 posted...
I don't think 15 reviews, all on a scale of 10, counts as "large samples of data," and 4.5 being close to scores of 5 and 5.5 make it reasonable to include. Just because you don't agree with 4.5 doesn't mean we just sweep it under the rug.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/zombiu/critic-reviews

Sample size is 24, with one "negative" (red) review. And the reviews are using the decimal, as is the average, so it is actually more like a scale of 100. But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Nobody is talking about sweeping anything, we are talking about the same methodology that metacritic and other aggregation sites use. The only difference is metacritic doesn't exclude outliers, it just makes it obvious which ones they are so you can identify them for yourself.

you know, red doesn't mean "outlies" it just means "below 50"

if you want to talk about outliers, use the standard deviation, which is 13 on a median of 73.
this makes every review above 86 and below 60 an outlier, kicking out the 4 best and the 4 worst reviews in this case.

really, fanboys and logic

So 45 is an outlier in this case, and is the outlier with the largest deviation from the mean. Which is exactly what I originally said. My statement did not exclude the possibility of additional outliers, but since I was specifically talking about gamespot that was the score I pointed out.

Thank you for proving my point though.

Anyway, back on topic, does anyone wish to continue discussing anything relevant? Some possibilities include the disdain for the WiiU in, as has been noted here, multiple gaming publications and web sites.

What are the valid complaints regarding the WiiU, what complaints seem like nitpicking or lacking parity with what is expected from other recently developed consoles? Is it fair to penalize a system for a control input that you simply do not like or wish was different in some way?

These are the aspects that I identified in Gamespot's coverage which did not seem particularly objective or even handed, and I have replied to the posts which seem to address these questions so far in the thread.
#94FlameDragnPosted 11/22/2012 1:36:44 PM(edited)
Virtue777 posted...
FlameDragn posted...
I miss the days before this crap of "fanboyism" became prevalent. Who gives a rat whether a console has a bad rating? If YOU enjoy the games on the console, what difference does it make. It's stuff like this that makes me cringe. Try to get out of your mom's basement, realize that games aren't the meaning of life, or just grow up and enjoy the multitude of offerings that we have today in the video game arena. Take it light.

The days of fanboysim have been around for a lot longer than you may think. Since before even internet usage was common.

"Sega does........what Nintendon't!"

The only difference is that the majority of these debates took place in school yards on recess breaks. Sadly, the maturity level hasn't changed much since then, lol.

That was my point. I'm 33 so I've grown up with game consoles. Except it was, in my experience, more along the lines of "my console has this game and yours doesn't!". Now, with cross platform titles being something of the norm, it's ridiculous when people act like they actually get something out of defending whatever console gets their rocks off. Take it light.
#95PechabusterPosted 11/22/2012 2:05:28 PM
teehee23 posted...
Stefan1277 posted...
Well, they do have it out for nintendo. Look at yourselves. You don't own a Wii U, have no plans to own one, but decide to spend your night trolling this board just to make damn sure people see that you dislike it. That's a very profound hatred for a company. And you guys call nintendo fan childish lol.

I plan on getting a Wii U for my cousins for XMAS (with Mario and Blops2) and one for myself once Sups Mario Galaxy part 3 (three) is released.

Do not mind!

Is this... is this a hater killer hating on something??!!