It only took a 3mhz cpu for Chrono Trigger to be a very fun game. wiiu

#1knightimexPosted 11/22/2012 5:48:02 AM(edited)
CPU wise games don't really need to go to the next level.
Wii U's CPU doesn't either.

Everything I have played on Xbox 360 and ps3 pretty much only needed slightly better graphics.
Wii U delivers.

I can think of tons of games from SNES to N64 to ps1 to gamecube\ps2 that destroys games found on ps3 and Xbox 360.

All of you Xbots and Sony Sheep couldn't care less about gameplay.
NO.
graphics graphics graphics.

you people are the very cancer the gaming industry needs to get rid of.

Wii U will be amazing regardless.

Nintendo fans are not like ms\sony fans sitting there busting the developers ass to do things for their selfish asses.

Attack me all you want.
wiiu assurance this or that.

pray to god MS or sony doesn't screw up.

I can't think of many possibilities to ruin those consoles out side of graphics.

Nintendo bombs are no joke.
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!
#2shaunmePosted 11/22/2012 5:53:04 AM
1 word =framerate
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#3FoppePosted 11/22/2012 5:54:30 AM
But... but... TEH CELL!!!
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4PipernextPosted 11/22/2012 5:56:55 AM
Except the wii u has gpu > cpu or graphics over gameplay. I don't care if a game doesn't look super amazing but without a good CPU gameplay suffers. This means the Wii U will struggle rendering large gameplay environments, vast amounts of objects, and many AI units. The Wii U is disappointing because Nintendo slacked on the gameplay side.
#5FoppePosted 11/22/2012 5:59:31 AM
shaunme posted...
1 word =framerate

Indeed, Chrono Trigger lagged so hard with only 15 fps, it was totally unplayable!!!
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 6:00:52 AM
Pipernext posted...
Except the wii u has gpu > cpu or graphics over gameplay. I don't care if a game doesn't look super amazing but without a good CPU gameplay suffers. This means the Wii U will struggle rendering large gameplay environments, vast amounts of objects, and many AI units. The Wii U is disappointing because Nintendo slacked on the gameplay side.

so final fantasy x, resident evil 4, all ps3, ps2, gamecube and Xbox 360 games blew ass right?
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!
#7ElectricMolePosted 11/22/2012 6:02:18 AM
But squaresoft is dead.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#8shaunmePosted 11/22/2012 6:02:41 AM
knightimex posted...
Pipernext posted...

so final fantasy x, resident evil 4, all ps3, ps2, gamecube and Xbox 360 games blew ass right?

no but we have moved on (except nintendo)
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#9BAtenDiddyPosted 11/22/2012 6:06:18 AM
Personally, I think a graphic update was needed from the N64 era, especially when I go back again and realize just how blocky it was. Sure, graphics are not the most important thing in the world, but it's nice to have a Nintendo console that does HD graphics now. It's nice, but I buy Nintendo for the quality of games they release - fun, simple and sometimes (it's becoming rarer) they ramp up the difficulty.
---
The Minute you're satisfied with your best, that's when you become your worst enemy.
#10Auction SniperPosted 11/22/2012 6:09:56 AM
Rendering Ranger was a real masterpiece on the Snes - lots of effects and spirtes with no slowdown, without the use of a special chip.

An obscure fighting game called Savaki showed that the Saturn could do high quality 3D that rivaled the PSX...

Shenmue II pushed the Dreamcast to the max....

The best developers can get the most out of any conole, given time.
---
I sleep in a racing car, do you?