Why the Wii U is extremely overpriced, PROOF you can build a better machine

#121DaMan1900Posted 11/22/2012 11:10:11 AM
ssj_duelist posted...
FuNsH1nE posted...
But then how do I play Zelda?

This. No oncare understands that Nintendo will always sell well because they have the best IPs. This is why I will always buy, and rightfully so, Nintendo's new consoles.

90%of gamers don't give a crap about specs, they give a crap about Mario and Pokemon.

Best ips is up to the individual and to me they have memorable characters but fun games not so much (i grew up on nintendo but my tastes have moved away).

Most of the ips nintendo has now were also around for the N64(33 million) and GC(22 million) and we all know how little those consoles sold... the success of the wii was probably the motion controls and price range(lower then the ps3/360). those 2 things pushed them to sell close to 100 million consoles because really the ips for the most part have always been there. i feel the motion controls is what brought in a new segment of the population that for the most part was not interested in gaming.

now the problem for the wiiu is the tablet controller, and name. The name makes the tablet seem to be an addon and most "casuals" are not interested. The wiiu will sell but how well is yet to be seen. what i have heard is why buy a wiiu when i already own an ipad or isnt that just an addon for the wii?
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#122Game-XpertPosted 11/22/2012 11:16:01 AM
FuNsH1nE posted...

Play it on the Dolphon emulator?
#123ajko000Posted 11/22/2012 11:16:46 AM
PC Master Race, UNITE MY BROTHA!
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#124ajko000Posted 11/22/2012 11:17:14 AM
Game-Xpert posted...
FuNsH1nE posted...

ZOMG IKR!? I LOVE IT :D! So much pwn with Graphics :3.
---
#125Corey105Posted 11/22/2012 11:17:20 AM
Game-Xpert posted...
FuNsH1nE posted...

Dolphin doesn't work for Wii U.
#126ajko000Posted 11/22/2012 11:17:53 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
mjc0961 posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
My thrown together newegg self built PC:
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Quad Core Processor (easily overclocked to 3.8 GHz)
4GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
Bluray combo drive (All media disc playback, BD-ROM 10X, DVD-ROM 16X, CD-ROM 48X speed)
Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 (roughly 40% better than the 4770 in the Wii U going on raw numbers)
500GB 7200 RPM, 32MB Cache Hard drive (cheapest internal HDD were 59 bucks and this was the largest for 59)
4x USB, HDMI, <<<<<AND AN ETHERNET PORT>>>>>
Cost: $400

Interesting computer you built there. How'd you get it to work without a motherboard and power supply? Also I generally like my computers to have a case so the components aren't lying around all over the place.

Actually read more than just the OP junior, if your reading comprehension is high enough to permit you to do so, that is.

I love you.
---
#127ajko000Posted 11/22/2012 11:19:19 AM
Corey105 posted...
Game-Xpert posted...
FuNsH1nE posted...

Dolphin doesn't work for Wii U.

Dolphin or another Emu will eventually emulate it. Nintendo is extremely easy to emulate, in fact, I haven't seen a PS3 or 360 Emu out there. Then again, I've never looked.
---
#128ExiliousPosted 11/22/2012 11:19:28 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
What part of that PC plays Nintendo games and has a tablet controller?

Modern PCs can easily emulate Wii software because it's such a weak system. It's only a matter of time until someone cracks the WiiU code. And seeing as the tablet controller connects via 802.11n, drivers for that will find their way onto PCs. Not that any of this is legal, it's just proof that the WiiU is a thrown-together array of underpowered hardware for the singular purpose of profiting off of a gimmick.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#129libatakoPosted 11/22/2012 11:22:36 AM
lmao...play it on a dolphin emulator=ftw

million dollar answer for a million dollar question

and before you ask......the gamepad...is a tablet with actualy controllers....not a touchscreen only.....so yeah.....nintendo zealots.....get your facts staight
---
psn/xbl= libatako
@(> , <)@
#130BigAl519Posted 11/22/2012 11:22:47 AM
Enigma149 posted...
You forgot some components. Nothing major, really, but I always include them in my computers:

-The case
-The cooling
-The keyboard (or other input device)
-The motherboard

But remember, the case has to be a micro atx case and still fit all components WITHOUT large fans to cool them.

The keyboard must have a touchscreen and control my cable and tv as well

And the motherboard itself will add another $100 or so to the cost of the PC if its just a cheapy and must be a micro. No full sized ones.
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!