Why the Wii U is extremely overpriced, PROOF you can build a better machine

#141adampeltzPosted 11/22/2012 1:30:53 PM
Can't wait to play Pikmin 3 with my new PC.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | SSB Brawl FC: 3095-4658-7188
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691;
#142Baha05Posted 11/22/2012 1:31:21 PM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
that only accounts for the first few who missed it. if i can see it in the main post from when i first posted, so can anyone afterwards, ok?

YES because TC isn;t including the costs of those parts, hell he didn't even count the cost of an OS. If TC is trying to make a point you can't just ignore the prices on some items. Hell for a Microsoft 8 OS 64 bit adds $100 dollars to the cost. Because just building a computer is no good without an Operating System.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#143Mono_Kosas83Posted 11/22/2012 1:51:24 PM
I think it could very well drop to $199 by next Xmas. Everyone could drive that price down if we all didn't buy it?
So that's my plan. Wait. Keep doing play-tests in my area for free games from EA, use occasional spending money to get a game I really want. Keep playing free online PS3. Keep playing Mario Kart, Umbrella Chronicles every once in a while on my Wii.
I am content with what I have.
#144hustlin_pimpstePosted 11/22/2012 1:51:44 PM
Baha05 posted...
that only accounts for the first few who missed it. if i can see it in the main post from when i first posted, so can anyone afterwards, ok?

YES because TC isn;t including the costs of those parts, hell he didn't even count the cost of an OS. If TC is trying to make a point you can't just ignore the prices on some items. Hell for a Microsoft 8 OS 64 bit adds $100 dollars to the cost. Because just building a computer is no good without an Operating System.

He may have got a few things wrong, but the sad fact is that Wii U is overpriced for what it is and Nintendo should have concentrated more on future-proofing it than focusing on a gimmicky "ooh 2 screens" gamepad.

They should have really packed a punch into the main kit and then added the gamepad later down the line.

You and everyone else also failed very badly at what the TC also said ... a very massive part in his whole build. He was using RETAIL, Nintendo would be using COST. So you could easily add on the extras and an OS when you are bulk buying 300k or more, doncha think?
---
Make adorable new, demon friends ... grr snarl
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/64267041 Don't worry .. it's Official!
#145Pawkie07Posted 11/22/2012 1:52:51 PM
Oh the reactions of you guys. Being told how inferior your system is and you defending it to death. So entertaining. Don't change! Too funny seeing so many delusional people.
#146hustlin_pimpstePosted 11/22/2012 1:52:57 PM
Mono_Kosas83 posted...
I think it could very well drop to $199 by next Xmas. Everyone could drive that price down if we all didn't buy it?
So that's my plan. Wait. Keep doing play-tests in my area for free games from EA, use occasional spending money to get a game I really want. Keep playing free online PS3. Keep playing Mario Kart, Umbrella Chronicles every once in a while on my Wii.
I am content with what I have.

Yep, pretty much what I am thinking, but tbh, by the time the price drops the next gen may be on the horizon and needing my money more.
---
Make adorable new, demon friends ... grr snarl
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/64267041 Don't worry .. it's Official!
#147Baha05Posted 11/22/2012 1:54:58 PM
He may have got a few things wrong, but the sad fact is that Wii U is overpriced for what it is and Nintendo should have concentrated more on future-proofing it than focusing on a gimmicky "ooh 2 screens" gamepad.

They should have really packed a punch into the main kit and then added the gamepad later down the line.

You and everyone else also failed very badly at what the TC also said ... a very massive part in his whole build. He was using RETAIL, Nintendo would be using COST. So you could easily add on the extras and an OS when you are bulk buying 300k or more, doncha think?

The thing is all consoles are overpriced for what they are, that's kind of the point to try to sell them for a profit or at enough of a loss that the console will eventually earn you money.

Future proofing the system would have just made the console more expensive, thus adding more to the Wii U in terms of better parts would make the $350 retail into $400, maybe even $500 dollars. Then we would still have people complaining about the price.
---
#148datopgamerPosted 11/22/2012 2:00:50 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
What part of that PC plays Nintendo games and has a tablet controller?

Dolphin plays WII games @ 1080P and uses the controllers

With an update, same thing will happen with the WII-U

With the specs he posted you would get crappy speeds on Dolphin though. I get slowdowns on MGS: TTS on my current system. You would need at least 4.5ghz to get full speed which you aren't going to do on an Athlon x4 processor.

I don't quite understand these threads though because when any console comes out you can build a pc for the same price or cheaper that will easily outperform it.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Corsair 750TX PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
#149Baha05Posted 11/22/2012 2:02:43 PM
Pawkie07 posted...
Oh the reactions of you guys. Being told how inferior your system is and you defending it to death. So entertaining. Don't change! Too funny seeing so many delusional people.

I think people know the system is inferior to PC. All consoles are going to be gimped, overpriced products compared to a PC. The thing is though TC is using that to troll people and he even forgets to include certain costs into creating a PC.
---
#150HalecticPosted 11/22/2012 2:03:36 PM
Als there is on flaw, the WiiU CPU/GPU is completly different then anything a PC uses, so a CPU/GPU hybrid is being compared to a strait CPU
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835