Why the Wii U is extremely overpriced, PROOF you can build a better machine

#161bskiffingtonPosted 11/22/2012 1:42:29 PM
ssj_duelist posted...
FuNsH1nE posted...
But then how do I play Zelda?

This. No oncare understands that Nintendo will always sell well because they have the best IPs. This is why I will always buy, and rightfully so, Nintendo's new consoles.

90%of gamers don't give a crap about specs, they give a crap about Mario and Pokemon.

This, all the way . i Like graphics, I love beautiful games, but Id rather play an 8bit throwback LoZ title than the newest CoD game any day, and thats coming from someone whos put over at least 3 days worth of time into each installment into the CoD series since MW1, so its not like I hate them like some people do.
#162GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 1:59:49 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

And I wasn't even trying to look for sales on parts or combo deals, or even OEM discounts. I'm sure someone else could get this build for cheaper without a doubt. Btw this build did include a hyper 212 plus model cooler, a case, proper size power supply etc. No, mouse and keyboard were not factored in nor was a monitor, because with HDMI you can plug it into any modern tv like a console, and everyone has at least one kb and mouse lying around. If you dont, you probably cant even afford just the Wii U anyway.

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM POST, NUMBER, ONE

For all the utter troglodytes that have 0 reading comprehension and skimmed the OP so fast that they missed it, READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING, CHILDREN. Lest you look like a braindead zombie idiot, gat DAYUM!

Let me break it down even more: THE COST OF THE MOTHERBOARD, CASE, POWER SUPPLY, AND COOLER ARE INCLUDED IN THE BUILD AND ITS PRICE. THEY WERE NOT LISTED IN THE SPEC COMPARISON, BECAUSE A ****ING CASE ISNT A SPEC, HELLOOOOOOOOOO~

All those that posted the same insipid "Lul no case no motherboard hurr", exit to the left. You are complete lemmings.

If anything this topics served as an amazing test of reading comprehension. I hope all the drones that spammed the same drivel reply are still in 6th grade, at least then you might have a chance at intelligence by the time you're older. Christ lol only on the Wii U board I swear to god

You guys just beat blizzdrones to become the world champions of braindeath and blind ignorance, congrats!
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#163DGM09Posted 11/22/2012 2:00:50 PM
Your caps lock is functioning very intermittently. I would get that checked or it could make it seem like you're getting somewhat flustered.
---
Bang.
#164GoombaXPosted 11/22/2012 2:02:19 PM
lol now place in a game, cords, power source, controller with touch screen and streaming capabilities and the many other things and what do you got? jeez what a bafoon.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#165blankempathyPosted 11/22/2012 2:02:47 PM
Tc is so dumb. A majority of pc gamers actually like the wii u. Call us elitists if you want but the truth is pc gamers know that games > graphics
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#166GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 2:02:58 PM
And secondly, "Hurr make it the same form factor and the r&d cost and marketing brah" are strawmen and total semantics arguing.

As consumers your only concern is getting the best product at a given price. The point of the topic, is to show that the Wii U is beyond over priced, is marked up insanely high and for roughly the same amount of money you can get a piece of hardware that runs circles around it at breakneck speed.

Again, reading comprehension. I know its asking alot on the ultimate fanboy forum, but seriously. Stop embarrassing yourselves.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#167blankempathyPosted 11/22/2012 2:11:52 PM(edited)
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Stop embarrassing yourselves.

Take your own advice.
Also wheres the psu in your opening post? Thats great that you can put together parts but unless you can actually, you know, turn on the computer its kinda useless. I guess you're going to just place the motherboard outside on the carpet too. Wait no you didn't include one either. So much fail.
#168blankempathyPosted 11/22/2012 2:09:28 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
What part of that PC plays Nintendo games and has a tablet controller?

Dolphin plays WII games @ 1080P and uses the controllers

With an update, same thing will happen with the WII-U

Obviously doesn't know how emulation works. Good luck playing wii u games on the pc in the near future.
---
#169R0sal1naPosted 11/22/2012 2:10:58 PM
I don't give a crap about processing power. I just want some good ol' Nintendo games. You can ****ing deal with it.
---
Yes I'm Rosalina. Yes I'm Captain_Fetish's girlfriend. Got a problem with that?
#170lelioPosted 11/22/2012 2:16:10 PM
"Stop embarrassing yourselves."

LOL. What we're pointing out is that the list does not even come close to actually representing what Nintendo is actually selling to us. Our reading comprehension is fine. Yours on the other hand, notsomuch.