Why the Wii U is extremely overpriced, PROOF you can build a better machine

#171ChromaticAngelPosted 11/22/2012 3:21:10 PM
blankempathy posted...
Obviously doesn't know how emulation works. Good luck playing wii u games on the pc in the near future.

Why do people who have no idea how certain things work love to tell other people that they don't know how they work either?
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#172DGM09Posted 11/22/2012 3:22:33 PM
Revival is too busy playing with his straw men and trying to fix his caps locks to focus on not embarrassing himself.
---
Bang.
#173blankempathyPosted 11/22/2012 3:24:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#174ChromaticAngelPosted 11/22/2012 3:25:43 PM
lelio posted...
"Stop embarrassing yourselves."

LOL. What we're pointing out is that the list does not even come close to actually representing what Nintendo is actually selling to us. Our reading comprehension is fine. Yours on the other hand, notsomuch.

There is more to his post than just the list, you know.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#175Shigeru-IwataPosted 11/22/2012 3:28:56 PM
Tell me more about how you can play NSMBU on it.
---
Ricky, a dope trailer's no place for a kitty!
#176ChromaticAngelPosted 11/22/2012 3:30:59 PM
Shigeru-Iwata posted...

After you tell me how I can play Civilization 5 on the Wii U.
---
#177GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 3:33:45 PM(edited)
GoombaX posted...
lol now place in a game, cords, power source, controller with touch screen and streaming capabilities and the many other things and what do you got? jeez what a bafoon.

We've already established that the touch screen offers nothing substantial enough to gameplay or control to warrant its existence, in fact it gets in the way of immersion since you have to keep looking from one screen to another in very forced shoehorned in ways.

The 'I'm playin on muh toilet' is also not a remotely sane rationalization. People buy consoles, and hd consoles at that, to play them on hdtvs, not ****ty ancient lcds at 480p.

All in all the 'Gamepad' and its gimmick is just as much of a vestigal limb of a gimmick as wagglan was, and we all know how many devs bothered to do a damn thing with that crap. It'll never see more than gimmicky novelty uses, and thats if 3rd parties even bother to devote tons of extra time and money to rework all their damn games engines that work fine on 2 OTHER platforms with larger install bases, to work halfway decently on Wii U with its 'kid with the helmet' CPU and utterly embarrassing slow ass RAM.

The Wii U is a very rushed, not well thought out cobbled together mess created hastily with only pleasing shareholders and profit margins in mind, instead of meeting needs of the developers or ease of development, which are the 2 true priorities if you want anyone to want to make any damn games on your system outside of sloppy half ass ports and crappy 2d 99 cent indie games ported from iphone.

I would hope that Wii U owners and foaming at the mouth fanboys still about to buy one, are ready to be happy with just NSMBU, one zelda game, maybe a starfox maybe a metroid, probably just galaxy 3 since Nintendos too creatively bankrupt to make a new innovative 3d mario, and a smash bros game, and nothing else besides mediocre 'worst version' ports of ps3/360 games and tons of shovelware. Cuz that crap cpu and garbage ram bottleneck is a total kiss of death for developers to wanna bother with it. Ps3/360 development costs alot, hence why 3rd parties try to make everything a multiplat between 360, ps3, and PC to make up the cost.

It wont make any sense for them to sink tons of money into reworking every games multiplat engine from the ground up just for ONE platform and its bottlenecks, when they already have THREE other platforms with large install bases that do buy more mature titles and arent rapid nintendo title only worshipping fanboys.

Are the Wii owners here satisfied with the weak small library of AAA titles and total lack of 3rd party heavy hitters that everyone else got? Cuz its gonna happen again. The hardware bottleneck is going to ensure once again that people that support nintendo are gonna get shafted again. Either not getting games at all, or getting gimped lazy ports.

And some people have the gall to say Wii U starts the next generation. Get real man. Its a goddamn Wii 1.8

Nintendos not gonna cut the crap and stop with these scam systems until consumers reject their shenanigans. But instead, dumb ass fanboys yum it up. I can't wait till the new smash bros comes out, and it blatantly recycles the Brawl engine with no improvements to physics, visuals, or gameplay, and the fanboys find some twisted logic to say its the best thing Nintendos ever done.

I think Yamauchi would punch the modern day nintendo fanboy directly in the throat if given the chance for supporting the garbage cheap, lazy, and greedy direction his former company has turned to. Pitiful
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#178blankempathyPosted 11/22/2012 3:32:01 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
Shigeru-Iwata posted...

After you tell me how I can play Civilization 5 on the Wii U.

Heres a crazy concept. Why not have both?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#179DGM09Posted 11/22/2012 3:32:43 PM(edited)
Wow, that's some beautiful literature, Revival. Who knew.
---
Bang.
#180pbandjamesPosted 11/22/2012 3:33:20 PM
You can build a better PC than any console out right now, and for cheaper. What's your point? Not everybody wants to play on a PC, do you understand that? If they did, we wouldn't have home consoles.

So, essentially, this topic is pointless. I'm sure you'll be able to build a better cheaper machine than the Nextbox and PS4 by the time they come out. So why post this?
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me