Why the Wii U is extremely overpriced, PROOF you can build a better machine

#31godplaysSNESPosted 11/22/2012 8:22:21 AM
If the Wii U had anything near the HD 4770 in power, its games wouldn't look like they do now...
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#32DTY3Posted 11/22/2012 8:24:40 AM
You can do this for literally every console.

Lol TC so mad at Nintendo.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#33DivineTruthPosted 11/22/2012 8:36:33 AM(edited)
Hahaha! I'm usually level-headed and my posts agree and disagree with both sides but this topic is just sad! That build isn't even functional! It wouldn't even turn on! Not only that but if it did turn on, where are the peripherals that would control it? Try again, but this time make a build that matches the functionality of the Wii U, or maybe you should focus on a build that functions at all first and then you can focus on matching the functionality if the Wii U.

Edit

Also, when people usually make a console vs pc topic, to validate their claims they usually include prices and sources. Could you do that for us do we can have an actual discussion it would you rather we just believe you and work from that basis?
---
If I agree will you go away?
#34gumbyxcore99Posted 11/22/2012 8:33:22 AM
wheres the second screen that lets me play my games on the toilet with no lag? oh it's nowhere? well that build definitely is comparable to the wii u then.
#35Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/22/2012 8:38:46 AM
hlx posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
and the TC is not talking about PC vs WII, he's saying component wise for $350 you can build a much stronger system, you guys are grasping at straws

and yes, the controller probably takes up the bulk of cost. While you could have probably had double the specs, Nintendo wanted a touchscreen on the controller, LOL

without a motherboard or power supply? Sure, build away.

TC listed retail pricing, gee now how much cheaper would it be if you were buying them by the millions without packaging? by a 1/3rd of that price
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#36Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/22/2012 8:40:31 AM
Terotrous posted...
The tablet and the other stuff the Wii U comes with is clearly worth about $100. So you need to design a $200 PC that's stronger than the Wii.

Good luck.

Impossible, companies no longer sell the hardware that's in the WII. You'd have to buy it off Craigslist. LOL
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#37LunarRoarPosted 11/22/2012 8:40:45 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
I hope the consoles price has dropped dramatically by the time the next Zelda comes (in what, 6 years from now? Took that damn long to get SS. Why did you all buy this at LAUNCH, again?) cuz its way too overpriced right now

In six years, the Wii dropped a grand total of $50. Enjoy your savings.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#38PendragoonPosted 11/22/2012 8:42:35 AM
LunarRoar posted...
I hope the consoles price has dropped dramatically by the time the next Zelda comes (in what, 6 years from now? Took that damn long to get SS. Why did you all buy this at LAUNCH, again?) cuz its way too overpriced right now

The Wii launched at $250, it is now $89 on sale, $129 for the normal bundle.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#39GigaVoltsPosted 11/22/2012 8:43:41 AM
LunarRoar posted...

It is actually $100, and maybe more depending on the bundle.
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#40GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 8:45:24 AM
Terotrous posted...
As far as the gamepad, even eurogamer said china is selling legit fully functional andriod TABLET (not knockoff controllers) pcs for $50 USD.

China doesn't follow labour and trade laws. The prices they can build things for and the prices that companies who actually have to follow the law can achieve are very different things.

Dude where do you think the Wii U is manufactured, the US? Its made in china......
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie