Why the Wii U is extremely overpriced, PROOF you can build a better machine

#51AerodarPosted 11/22/2012 9:02:10 AM
ssj_duelist posted...
FuNsH1nE posted...
But then how do I play Zelda?

This. No oncare understands that Nintendo will always sell well because they have the best IPs. This is why I will always buy, and rightfully so, Nintendo's new consoles.

90%of gamers don't give a crap about specs, they give a crap about Mario and Pokemon.

I agree, like it was always stated every gen battle Nintendo doesn't care about graphics. Nintendo is fine and always has been. If you don't like the system then just don't buy it or if you did buy it then sell it.

This is also a huge reason why Nintendo introduced their system first is because they will create revenue right off the bad with Pokemon, Mario, Zelda and Smash bros being the huge sellers. Once 720 and ps4 come out nintendo will care less and start making another system before xbox and ps.
#52Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/22/2012 9:04:51 AM
Aerodar posted...
ssj_duelist posted...
FuNsH1nE posted...

This. No oncare understands that Nintendo will always sell well because they have the best IPs. This is why I will always buy, and rightfully so, Nintendo's new consoles.

90%of gamers don't give a crap about specs, they give a crap about Mario and Pokemon.

I agree, like it was always stated every gen battle Nintendo doesn't care about graphics. Nintendo is fine and always has been. If you don't like the system then just don't buy it or if you did buy it then sell it.

This is also a huge reason why Nintendo introduced their system first is because they will create revenue right off the bad with Pokemon, Mario, Zelda and Smash bros being the huge sellers. Once 720 and ps4 come out nintendo will care less and start making another system before xbox and ps.

and that's good for the consumer? Spend $350 to turn around and buy another system for $350 that barely beats the Xbox/PS? LOL
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#53FoppePosted 11/22/2012 9:04:54 AM
Operating system(Even tho it should use the WII U O/S but here
http://linuxmint.com/

FREE!!!!!!!!!!

...so we are building a better machine that's supposed to play games better by emulating PC games in Linux now?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#54AerodarPosted 11/22/2012 9:08:30 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Aerodar posted...
ssj_duelist posted...
FuNsH1nE posted...

and that's good for the consumer? Spend $350 to turn around and buy another system for $350 that barely beats the Xbox/PS? LOL

You honestly think any of these companies care for the consumer?

lol it's all about the money.
#55PendragoonPosted 11/22/2012 9:09:37 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

This was your first generation gaming, wasn't it.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#56Enigma149Posted 11/22/2012 9:10:33 AM
He's also going to need a wireless card, isn't he?
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#57cavebear56Posted 11/22/2012 9:11:45 AM
TC as well as most people in this topic are completely clueless regarding what actually goes into production of a product (in this case game consoles).

So congratulations, you also stated the obvious that all consoles are extremely overpriced at launch as you can always build something better.

Take that Microsoft and Sony!

You sure showed them!

You cherry picked TC, like most children you had a narrow view and omitted everything that constitutes what these companies actually do and take as cost when making a product.

You, as well as the rest of the detritus on this board, are the pinnacle of human bias, bitterness and complete ignorance.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#58Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/22/2012 9:11:48 AM
Foppe posted...
Operating system(Even tho it should use the WII U O/S but here
http://linuxmint.com/

FREE!!!!!!!!!!

...so we are building a better machine that's supposed to play games better by emulating PC games in Linux now?

http://steamforlinux.com/
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#59Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/22/2012 9:12:39 AM
Enigma149 posted...
He's also going to need a wireless card, isn't he?

My motherboard has built in wireless/bluetooth.
---
#60acdcman07Posted 11/22/2012 9:14:03 AM
So, about the psu, case, motherboard. What are we talking about here? Are you saying the components you have listed are 400$? Or is it 400$ with the other stuff included? If so, then how much do the components without psu, case and mb cost? And are we talking about a decent psu? A decent mb? A decent case?

Also, I like how he's comparing the 350$ wii-u which is the same build as the 300$ wii-u. The difference is not in the machine itself, but the extra goodies you get. So, I challenge you to put together a 300$ gaming pc that includes a reliable psu and mobo as well as a case. It also has to include keyboard and mouse b/c, while people will probably have those laying around like you said, all gaming consoles don't just expect you to have one of their controllers laying around. So, 300$ for a gaming pc, plus a reliable psu and mobo plus a kb+m. Can you do it? Or are you just going to ***** and moan about irrelevant crap like 99% of these people here do while insulting me or others along the way?

ps: I have a gaming pc, a good gaming pc. I plan on getting a wii-u when money allows, not b/c I want OMFG GRAPHICS like the ps3/360 tards, but b/c I want gameplay and Nintendo IPs.