Why the Wii U is extremely overpriced, PROOF you can build a better machine

#71PendragoonPosted 11/22/2012 9:36:24 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Pearlshipperluv posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
What part of that PC plays Nintendo games and has a tablet controller?

Dolphin plays WII games @ 1080P and uses the controllers

With an update, same thing will happen with the WII-U

PS3 and Xbox 360 hasn't seen an emulator and the Wii U is said to be a bit stronger than these two systems. So no way the Wii U will be emulated anytime soon.

It's an emulation issue, not hardware

It takes an overclocked i5/i7 to properly emulate the Wii. It only supports dual core processing right now. The entire emulator needs a massive rewrite to take advantage of newer processors.

Besides, the Wii was quite literally an overclocked Gamecube, the Wii U is not, so a new emulator will need to be written from scratch.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#72jakestar0306Posted 11/22/2012 9:38:25 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

Enigma149 posted...
You forgot some components. Nothing major, really, but I always include them in my computers:

-The case
-The cooling
-The keyboard (or other input device)
-The motherboard

hlx posted...
I suppose we should also take into consideration:

- the license for the operating system then too
- the gaming mouse
- the steelpad
- the performance keyboard with LCD display
- the expensive icemat/sennheiser headset/mic
- the fan to cool your room off

I used to play serious competitive PC gaming. It's not cheap.

Just some minor things you may not have put into account.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#73BigReedPosted 11/22/2012 9:38:57 AM
I have a gaming PC, and I enjoy building computers from scratch (still need more practice), but I'll never understand why the PC crowd is so defensive and obnoxious.

We get it, you can build a super computer that can run real life in H-HD for only 1200 bucks. So go do it, and continue to do it every 12 months.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#74Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/22/2012 9:42:29 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Pearlshipperluv posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

Dolphin plays WII games @ 1080P and uses the controllers

With an update, same thing will happen with the WII-U

PS3 and Xbox 360 hasn't seen an emulator and the Wii U is said to be a bit stronger than these two systems. So no way the Wii U will be emulated anytime soon.

It's an emulation issue, not hardware

It takes an overclocked i5/i7 to properly emulate the Wii. It only supports dual core processing right now. The entire emulator needs a massive rewrite to take advantage of newer processors.

Besides, the Wii was quite literally an overclocked Gamecube, the Wii U is not, so a new emulator will need to be written from scratch.

CPU is less than a PS3/Xbox 360

GPU is weak compared to anything else, CPU is the main stress for emulation, so with the WII-U having a weak CPU, it's not going to take an ungodly amount of CPU power to emulate it on the PC either. it's not going to take long for an emulator since it's basically the same as a WII, hell the system already had Home Brew within 1 day of release
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#75BufkusPosted 11/22/2012 9:46:53 AM
Its amazing just how stupid the OP is that he thinks a bunch of PC parts are equivalent to whatever's in the WiiU. Not to mention he failed to factor in the cost of the tablet controller.
#76PendragoonPosted 11/22/2012 9:47:43 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

CPU is less than a PS3/Xbox 360

GPU is weak compared to anything else, CPU is the main stress for emulation, so with the WII-U having a weak CPU, it's not going to take an ungodly amount of CPU power to emulate it on the PC either. it's not going to take long for an emulator since it's basically the same as a WII, hell the system already had Home Brew within 1 day of release

Keep showing how little you know about emulators, and the Wii U hardware, it isn't helping your argument.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#77MyDogSkipPosted 11/22/2012 9:50:27 AM
Didn't read thread.

lol AMD.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#78Elements012894Posted 11/22/2012 9:59:10 AM
Breaking news! Resturant food is more expensive then homemade food!
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#79DivineTruthPosted 11/22/2012 10:01:30 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118067

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/oNHO

Any mistakes?
---
If I agree will you go away?
#80Baha05Posted 11/22/2012 10:02:28 AM
I love how TC and Xeeh_Bitz are stooping this low to troll.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail