I want a straight answer, is ZombiU good?

#41Joehop007Posted 11/22/2012 2:12:54 PM
MisterSmee posted...
It's a sub par game. If you want a good survival horror look elsewhere.

Where? The survival horror genre is practically dead.
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#42bond465Posted 11/22/2012 2:14:34 PM
Buretsu posted...
Linetrix posted...
Buretsu posted...
Linetrix posted...
ZombiU is a FPS disguised as a survival horror game. It fails at both fronts. If you want a good FPS get Mass Effect. If you want a good survival horror type game, get Dead Space.

See what I mean about people expecting zombie shotgun brain splatter fun? They actually consider Dead Space to be survival horror!

Do tell what type of game it is.

It's an action game, where occasionally a monster will pop up and go "Arglebarglewargle".

Lol...an "action" game. Pretty much every game ever could be called an "action" game.
#43bond465Posted 11/22/2012 2:15:32 PM
Joehop007 posted...
MisterSmee posted...
It's a sub par game. If you want a good survival horror look elsewhere.

Where? The survival horror genre is practically dead.

Day-Z
#44asher1611Posted 11/22/2012 2:16:53 PM
If you enjoy psx era survival horror: yes.
#45RahzarXPosted 11/22/2012 2:22:17 PM
I don't think anyone that's posted here actually PLAYED IT.

Everyone has a one sentence answer that seems to be the ultimate sum up of the reviews.

I played it for a few hours yesterday with a friend, we had a wicked time, I spawned the zombies while he fought to hold flags, we tried the survival as well, an extremely good time to see how long you can last against a computer who is sitting right beside you.

The single player is really creepy and really puts you into a zombie apocalypse. As soon as I started decapitating people and let their innards fly out, I knew Nintendo wasn't fooling around.

The real deal, my friend and I sat down with this console yesterday, we both don't understand the reviewers anymore, this game is wicked.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#46StickMen1090Posted 11/22/2012 2:22:36 PM
Linetrix posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Horror isn't horror, when you have tons of ammo and health packs

Yep, on harder difficulties you don't. ZombiU fails so much that it's said to be a walk in the park even though it doesn't offer you much ammo or health packs.

yet no one has beat survival mode

I'm sure all the 3 people playing the game are too busy at their elementary schools.

you dont own a wii u do you? ironic the people who bash it the most dont even own one
#47LinetrixPosted 11/22/2012 2:24:49 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
you dont own a wii u do you? ironic the people who praise it the most dont even own one

Fixed.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#48Logical_OnePosted 11/22/2012 2:25:54 PM
I love DayZ--or rather, loved.

Hackers and people who DON'T understand the premise (shooting you for a can of Coke) ruined DayZ IMO.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#49dementedlullabyPosted 11/22/2012 2:28:31 PM
I bought it with some doubt if I'd like it but I find I actually do. If you play on survival mode you actually feel like each step you take matters which is a nice change of pace from most games these days.

To be fair I haven't put in an ass load of time yet but I have a long weekend so perhaps I shall get some more chances to play :).
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#50SpacedDuckPosted 11/22/2012 2:29:08 PM
Yes I love it. 9 hours in and I feel fully immersed in the game and world.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!