I want a straight answer, is ZombiU good?

#61ChromaticAngelPosted 11/22/2012 3:54:17 PM
In Dead Space you have giant guns and nearly unlimited ammo and the point of the game is to kill everything you come across.

I fail to see how that can be classified as Survival Horror in any way.

If you want a real Survival Horror game, play Amnesia: the Dark Descent or bust.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#62SoljahPosted 11/22/2012 3:57:11 PM
Linetrix posted...
ZombiU is a FPS disguised as a survival horror game. It fails at both fronts. If you want a good FPS get Mass Effect. If you want a good survival horror type game, get Dead Space.

it's not even remotely a FPS game. WTF is wrong with you, do you even have the game?
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#63lightningbugxPosted 11/22/2012 4:05:55 PM
Is the game good? Definitely yes.

If you are concerned about buying the game or not, check the rental store.
#64DTY3Posted 11/22/2012 4:06:31 PM
Soljah posted...
Linetrix posted...
ZombiU is a FPS disguised as a survival horror game. It fails at both fronts. If you want a good FPS get Mass Effect. If you want a good survival horror type game, get Dead Space.

it's not even remotely a FPS game. WTF is wrong with you, do you even have the game?

If ZombiU is an FPS, then Mirror's Edge is an FPS too.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#65jairusmonillasPosted 11/22/2012 4:07:58 PM(edited)
andizzle29662 posted...
I read many reviews, now I want gamers opinions. Is it a good game? Is it scary?

horrible, read the reviews. or watch gameplay videos from youtube.. not scary at all, 1 zombies die from 1 hit. lol.
#66DTY3Posted 11/22/2012 4:08:35 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
andizzle29662 posted...
I read many reviews, now I want gamers opinions. Is it a good game? Is it scary?

horrible, read the reviews. or what gameplay from youtube.. not scary at all, 1 zombies die from 1 hit. lol.

This guy is a known troll (I hate that word) ignore him.

Especially since zombies take WAY longer than one hit to kill...
He probably watching RE6.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#67blm03vPosted 11/22/2012 4:09:54 PM
Linetrix posted...
If you want a good FPS get Mass Effect.

Do you even know what first person viewpoint is?
#68SoljahPosted 11/22/2012 4:10:02 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
andizzle29662 posted...

horrible, read the reviews. or watch gameplay videos from youtube.. not scary at all, 1 zombies die from 1 hit. lol.

ahhh more people spouting nonsense when they don't have the game.

I have the ame, it is amazing. The atmosphere is dark, the gameplay is very fun and the game is challenging in some places, I have died twice already and only up to like the 4th chapter/area. The only people complaining about it, are the people without it.
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#69FAT____MANPosted 11/22/2012 4:13:15 PM
Linetrix posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Horror isn't horror, when you have tons of ammo and health packs

Yep, on harder difficulties you don't. ZombiU fails so much that it's said to be a walk in the park even though it doesn't offer you much ammo or health packs.

yet no one has beat survival mode

I'm sure all the 3 people playing the game are too busy at their elementary schools.

You just don't get it do you? Survival horror, It's not horror, if it's easy to survive. Get it? Dead Space and Resi 4 have readily available ammo.

ZOMBIU IS DESIGNED TO KILL YOU. And you don't have the ammunition you need to take on every challenge, and you gotta take your time to survive. Jump scares, sure, but the scary part is the dwindling materials you have as your constantly pushed with more and more challenges until it overcomes you.
THAT is the idea of zombiu, not an action zombie Apocalypse shooter like LFD or CoD, this game is one player for a reason, because it's designed for you to try to beat it and survive on your own.
#70SpacedDuckPosted 11/22/2012 4:16:49 PM
bond465 posted...
Joehop007 posted...
MisterSmee posted...
It's a sub par game. If you want a good survival horror look elsewhere.

Where? The survival horror genre is practically dead.

Day-Z

Play like absolute crap and is boring as hell. Oh cool, I spawned and have no weapons and zombies run faster than me so I'm screwed. Sweet.....that game is a joke due to crap controls and unfair balancing.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!