Nintendo's last console? Yes or no?

#21supermax64Posted 11/22/2012 3:44:20 PM
Only if this gen is the last gen for Sony and M$ too. Could happen if whatever Valve is working on turns out to be a big deal. Probably 1 more gen after Wii U though.
#22CharskiPosted 11/22/2012 3:47:02 PM
but then what will happen to all of those millions of dollars that could last them up to dozens of years?! i don't expect them to leave anytime soon
#23BluntGruntPosted 11/22/2012 3:48:54 PM
I don't understand the question...
---
?????
#24SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/22/2012 3:49:51 PM
http://youtu.be/xSLlZh9yelk
#25IndyJuniorPosted 11/22/2012 3:52:24 PM
Yes.
#26Worker_8_Posted 11/22/2012 3:53:23 PM
Ehhhh, doubt it. Only way it would be the last was if they really lose tons of money from the lack of sales, which probably won't happen.

They hooked all the children and old people with the Wii and they will probably buy it without researching, thinking it's another console for casuals. Don't get me wrong, there were some good games on the Wii, but probably 60% of the games were crap aimed at children.
#27kakashik99992Posted 11/22/2012 3:54:58 PM(edited)
Nintendological posted...
Actually, I do believe this will be Nintendo's final platform. The Wii was a monstrous success for Nintendo, but the final years of the console's life were a real pain. Even when the GC and Nitnendo 64 were ailing in their waning years, Nintendo still made money. However, the Wii (and the 3DS) proved to be major factors in Nintendo reporting several losses over the past two years. If the Wii U fails to gain traction (or rather maintain a lead or strong position), it does not seem likely that Nitnendo can continue such an unsustainable business model. Unlike Sony or Microsoft, who have other divisions to offset losses, Nitnendo's sole source of revenue is the gaming sector. Nintendo could still make handhelds (which they currently dominate), but being a platform agnostic developer would greatly increase Nintendo's appeal.

You know looking at your posts I think you are reading Sony financial report instead of the Nintendo one. A tip the Nintendo one doesn't have a 6 billion dollar loss on it
#28lightningbugxPosted 11/22/2012 3:55:58 PM
Heck no. Nintendo has more than enough resources to stay on the hardware side for at least 2 more generations. Nintendo plans ahead.

Microsoft should have the finances to stay in the game too. Sony, on the other hand, may have to sell the games division to put bread on the table.
#29OrangeCrush980Posted 11/22/2012 4:00:05 PM
No. I don't like the Wii U, but Nintendo is a cockroach that can endure multiple generations of failure if they have to. They're not like Sony, who can go from top of the world to almost bankrupt in half a decade.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#30DTY3Posted 11/22/2012 4:03:07 PM
If you honestly think yes, you're even more delusional than the fanboys on this board.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.