Nintendo's last console? Yes or no?

#71HogarthHughesPosted 11/22/2012 8:11:01 PM
I personally buy Nintendo for their off-the-wall extended library and their occasional penchant for releasing amazing RPGs. It's a niche system to your average gamer, but for the public Nintendo will always be a big sell as an affordable and family friendly console.

I always felt a good option for gaming is to buy whichever Nintendo system is out in addition to EITHER an Xbox or Sony system. All three is unnecessary in my opinion and just having a Sony and Xbox is unnecessary in my opinion as well since they're pretty darn similar. I feel I get a lot more gaming variety pairing my Wii with my Xbox 360. I will do the same for Wii U and the next Xbox system. My friend works at a ma and pop game store and got a Wii U from work right away. Played it at his house, and while I know graphically it will be blown out of the water by Xbox and Sony it is still an incredibly fun and unique system. Besides, graphics don't make the game. I still play my consoles from the 80s and 90s regularly.

If Nintendo was going to close up shop, you'd hear it from more sources than just Mountain Dew and Dorito Junkies obsessed with First Person Shooters.
---
"You know what's better than a triceratops? Only every other dinosaur that has ever existed."
#72El_ZaggyPosted 11/22/2012 8:16:16 PM
Considering Wii is a fail console (come on, dont tell me theres tons of great games compared to ps360) I think nintendo dont cares because their fansd are stupid and retarded and will buy anything.

If nintendo was going to make a console made from elephant poop, they will buy it.

It's like the people who buys apple products.

So no this wont be the last console from them

Nintendo should stick with handhelds.
#73keyblade_lordPosted 11/22/2012 8:17:49 PM
No. They could release a NES next year with new first party games and I would buy it. The games are what makes Nintendo what they are, not the system. And people who are saying the graphics are bad, play the launch title games on your 360 or PS3 and tell me how they look.
---
OBJECTION! This Topic Clearly Sucks!
PSN, Steam and Gamertag: Joseponypants
#74Crimson681Posted 11/22/2012 8:19:49 PM(edited)
I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the SNES. Why? Because I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, and most of the games people want to play on these consoles are Nintendo flagship games. If I don't like the exclusives, then there really isn't any reason for me to buy these systems.

The only game for me worth playing on the Wii was Xenoblade Chronicles, and I wasn't going to buy a system just for 1 game, so I played it via emulation on my PC.
#75TrueWhiteBeastPosted 11/22/2012 8:22:31 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
Considering Wii is a fail console (come on, dont tell me theres tons of great games compared to ps360) I think nintendo dont cares because their fansd are stupid and retarded and will buy anything.

If nintendo was going to make a console made from elephant poop, they will buy it.

It's like the people who buys apple products.

So no this wont be the last console from them

Nintendo should stick with handhelds.

The Wii U suffers from a debatably bad starting line up yes, but that's the thing, it's not really fair to compare the game library of a console that just came out to that of two other consoles that have been out for years.

The Wii U has some potentially great titles on the way, a whole LOT of people are looking forward to the next Smash Bros., and I personally want the next Monster Hunter and a few others.

You would've been more justified in saying that the Wii U is a fail console for it's tablet controller (as in, still not really all that justified considering how well the Wii did).
#76Haseo18615Posted 11/22/2012 8:34:03 PM
This question is asked every single time Nintendo makes a new system and the answer in the end is always no.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?-envoyofuno
#77vecrynPosted 11/22/2012 8:38:54 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
is this asked every gen?

Yep pretty much this is asked every gen. You have people on both sides always saying yes and others always saying no. I do admit that it's not going to help them having a weaker system, but it doesn't doom them if they have good games. They definitely need more 3rd party support, which they are getting more of on the Wii U than they did for the Wii so we'll see how things go.
#78ElGadoPosted 11/22/2012 9:32:12 PM
No, but they don't have many more blanks left in the chamber. One more screw up like the Wii U could prove third party status/bankruptcy.
#79OsteoporozisPosted 11/22/2012 9:34:13 PM
LoL.
That is all.
---
Never heard a man speak like this man before.
#80Carbuncle009Posted 11/22/2012 9:35:19 PM
To photo dump, or not to photo dump?

That is one of two questions to ask. The other is "What kind of photo dump?".
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 3 No: 2 Maybe: 2
If all bronies are shipping freaks, then all KH fans are Yaoi Fans and all CoD fans are 12 year-olds.