Has anyone downloaded retail games? Downloading is taking forever :(

#1BigReedPosted 11/22/2012 7:10:46 PM
I'm using a wireless connection, router is in the same room. I've downloaded things on my pc, 360, and ps3 and never had this much trouble.

Basically, my wiiu is taking forever to download assassin's creed 3. The download failed once because my wiiu was unplugged. I left the download on last night, and selected "turn console off when downloads are finished. I woke up and checked my wiiu and it was off, but the download was not even close to finished.

Not sure if anybody is having trouble like I am. Assassin's creed 3 is 16gb though, which is pretty large for a game.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#2mcnichojPosted 11/22/2012 7:11:46 PM
Standard Nintendo downloaad speed.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#3Joehop007Posted 11/22/2012 7:26:38 PM
The downloads are slow probably because there is so much heavy traffic when the Wii U was launched. I would wait at least a couple weeks or so to see improvements.
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#4DTY3Posted 11/22/2012 7:28:26 PM
mcnichoj posted...
Standard Nintendo downloaad speed.

Pretty much.

Now I see why Wiiware had such stupid size limits.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#5BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:37:10 PM
This is lame. I talked to my buddy and he said it took several hours to download a 5gb file. I'm guessing it's because of the Wiiu. I regret buying assassin's creed 3 on the eshop.
---
#6Aaron44126Posted 11/22/2012 7:40:06 PM
I found that the "turn off console when download is done" is not a good idea. If the download hiccups it will turn off prematurely.

Just disable the auto power-off in the system settings (or set it to something really long) and leave the console on overnight. The download should finish.
#7EastCoastKodyPosted 11/22/2012 7:43:29 PM
haven't tried yet. But I plan on it soon.

Can't be worse than downloading games on PS3.

It took me over 4 hrs to download Resident Evil 5 last week.
#8BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:47:43 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
haven't tried yet. But I plan on it soon.

Can't be worse than downloading games on PS3.

It took me over 4 hrs to download Resident Evil 5 last week.

It might be worse man lol

But yeah, I'll probably leave it on tonight. Then after working 13 hours black friday I'll come home and enjoy some AC3.
---
#9LimPaulusPosted 11/24/2012 4:25:34 AM
BigReed posted...
I'm using a wireless connection, router is in the same room. I've downloaded things on my pc, 360, and ps3 and never had this much trouble.

Basically, my wiiu is taking forever to download assassin's creed 3. The download failed once because my wiiu was unplugged. I left the download on last night, and selected "turn console off when downloads are finished. I woke up and checked my wiiu and it was off, but the download was not even close to finished.

Not sure if anybody is having trouble like I am. Assassin's creed 3 is 16gb though, which is pretty large for a game.

Did u use External HDD?

If not, how can u download the AC3 directly?
Because as far as I know, WiiU uses download manager method like PS3, so 16Gb game will need 32Gb space to download it.

Correct me and sorry if I'm wrong, cause I plan to buy digital AC3 too.

Thanks.
#10AwesomeOSaucePosted 11/24/2012 4:35:15 AM
LMAO!

Nintendo needs to offer a paid subscription service or start giving GOOD download speeds from their servers like Microsoft does.

I remember it taking me more time to download a 400mb game off the eshop than downloading a 2.2gb game from Microsoft store >_>

Nintendo has f***ing servers configured to dial up speeds or something.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^