Its always cool for consoles to do other things than games
#2natanielfPosted 11/22/2012 8:53:41 PM
short answer :no
#3ADHDguitarPosted 11/22/2012 8:55:47 PM
Nope.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4LordBowserPosted 11/22/2012 9:00:51 PM
No need. Who still uses music CD's anyways?

DVD players are like pennies to the dollar now. Bluray would have been interesting, but those are getting pretty cheap, too.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#5lightningbugxPosted 11/22/2012 11:27:59 PM
Music CDs, no.

DVDs and Blu-Ray, no because these require licensing fees per machine made.

I will say the Wii U is just as capable as a PC equipped with a Blu-ray drive. Neither can play the media without the needed codecs, which are licensed with a price tag. So if the consumers can convince Nintendo and the DVD and Blu-ray consortiums to offer the player software for a price and downloadable, then it could be available.
#6overkillwfo1978Posted 11/22/2012 11:32:59 PM
I haven't played a music cd in over a year and a half and probably never will again. I may have played a couple dvds but only what I dont have in digital format which is not much these days.

Disc media is going the way of the 8-track/cassette tape ect. Digital formats rule the world now. It's just too convenient to have a TON of everything in a small space. So, does it play them? Who cares?
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#7Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 11/22/2012 11:40:31 PM
>who even uses these internationally used and effective formats and devices!?
#890sRetroGamingPosted 11/22/2012 11:43:46 PM
LordBowser posted...
No need. Who still uses music CD's anyways?

DVD players are like pennies to the dollar now. Bluray would have been interesting, but those are getting pretty cheap, too.

Alot of people, including me. not everyone here likes to buy lossy audio files from iTunes and such all the time. some of us also like to look at the credits and pictures inside of cd booklets. not everybody cares for digital only all the time, nor at all.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com