Is New Super Mario Bros U the worst main Mario game to date?

#1AXKSIONPosted 11/23/2012 3:02:40 AM
Not counting stuff like Mario is Missing, Mario's Time Machine, or spin-offs or non-platforming games.

The game is rehashed to hell.

are "baas" in every song? I cannot freaking stand the music

Princess - (same old) "Maaaaaaaaaario", sounds so stupid.

same old haunted mansion theme (surprised there's no "baas" in this)

Just take NSMB and add Yoshi's and it's an ALL NEW GAME!

Just bought this at Old Navy with a black peacoat and dark grey scarf for $45 and just got home. I'm only to the first castle though. Am I wrong and does it actually get much different than previous NSMB games, or is this just the same exact game like the other 3 games?
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#2syphoned_edgePosted 11/23/2012 3:04:16 AM
AXKSION posted...
Not counting stuff like Mario is Missing, Mario's Time Machine, or spin-offs or non-platforming games.

The game is rehashed to hell.

are "baas" in every song? I cannot freaking stand the music

Princess - (same old) "Maaaaaaaaaario", sounds so stupid.

same old haunted mansion theme (surprised there's no "baas" in this)

Just take NSMB and add Yoshi's and it's an ALL NEW GAME!

Just bought this at Old Navy with a black peacoat and dark grey scarf for $45 and just got home. I'm only to the first castle though. Am I wrong and does it actually get much different than previous NSMB games, or is this just the same exact game like the other 3 games?

Your first mistake was to shop at Old Navy
#3AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:06:21 AM
syphoned_edge posted...

HAHA! XD

I would make the same joke myself! I really hate that company since most of their clothes are low quality bad style trash.

However, the peacoat and scarf I got look quite ravishing on me! Also, they have a Star Wars lunch box for $7, I WANT IT!

So, Syph, what are your thoughts on Mario U being rehashed to hell?
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#4syphoned_edgePosted 11/23/2012 3:09:57 AM
AXKSION posted...
syphoned_edge posted...

HAHA! XD

I would make the same joke myself! I really hate that company since most of their clothes are low quality bad style trash.

However, the peacoat and scarf I got look quite ravishing on me! Also, they have a Star Wars lunch box for $7, I WANT IT!

Each to his own I guess - I'm more interested in Scribblenauts Unlimited at the moment but Mario U does look fun.

Rehash? probably, but isn't every successful franchise to some degree?
#5FoppePosted 11/23/2012 3:11:47 AM
Aint it better than New Super Mario Bros "COINS EVERYWHERE!!!"?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6Someguy_13Posted 11/23/2012 3:12:41 AM
It's actually a pretty awesome game.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#7AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:13:27 AM
syphoned_edge posted...
AXKSION posted...
syphoned_edge posted...

HAHA! XD

Each to his own I guess - I'm more interested in Scribblenauts Unlimited at the moment but Mario U does look fun.

Rehash? probably, but isn't every successful franchise to some degree?

well, before nsmb series came out, mario games actually had creativity in them.

also, no, i hate old navy, i thought you got that from my post. i just found a black peacoat and grey scarf that look cool, so no, not to each their own.

I HATE OLD NAVY, THO!

but I got NSMBu for FREE after spending $45 on a peacoat and scarf at Old Navy. Better than spending $60 at the store and getting only nsmbu.
---
#8CloudStrife630Posted 11/23/2012 3:13:33 AM
It's the best 2D Super Mario game since SMW...
---
http://www.abload.de/img/regxzjgs.gif
#9STN79Posted 11/23/2012 3:16:05 AM
God why do so many people find the NSMB series irritating? Aside from not really being exactly anything new and fresh it's got everything a Mario game should have. That Baa Baa sound in the music is really that annoying to everyone? Well Excuuuse this for not being what you grew up with. Sheesh yall are picky.
#10AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:17:18 AM
Foppe posted...
Aint it better than New Super Mario Bros "COINS EVERYWHERE!!!"?

yeah, i suppose so. nsmb2 is hella weak!

CloudStrife630 posted...
It's the best 2D Super Mario game since SMW...

So I guess there have been no great 2D Marios since SMW then.

Hope we get another great 2D Mario someday.

STN79 posted...
God why do so many people find the NSMB series irritating? Aside from not really being exactly anything new and fresh it's got everything a Mario game should have. That Baa Baa sound in the music is really that annoying to everyone? Well Excuuuse this for not being what you grew up with. Sheesh yall are picky.

baa baa

baa baa

baa baa baa baa baa baa baa baa

baa baa
---