Is New Super Mario Bros U the worst main Mario game to date?

#41The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/24/2012 3:33:20 AM
MarioMan847 posted...
TC sounds like a troll.

Anyways, the New Super Mario Bros. series gets too much hate. Every game in the series is fun and serves it's purpose of being both nostalgic and innovative. NSMBU is amazing and is far from the worst game in the series - that award goes to New Super Mario Bros 2 : Rehashed with coins edition.

Fixed that for you.

No one even remembers it now that U is out. 4 months after that game released. Seriously, why did they even release the game? It literally was a Cash In.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#42overkillwfo1978Posted 11/24/2012 3:35:58 AM
I'm sorry, but I played SMB 1 on the NES when I first bought the console in early '86. Anyone that says SMB 1 is better than NSMBU is running purely on nostalgia. NSMBU is miles and miles better than SMB 1,2, and it beats out 3 pretty fairly. The only game that is even in the same league and competes with NSMBU is SMW. That's it. The rest are MILES worse.

Nostalgia would be the only reason to say otherwise.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#43AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 3:39:53 AM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
I'm sorry, but I played SMB 1 on the NES when I first bought the console in early '86. Anyone that says SMB 1 is better than NSMBU is running purely on nostalgia. NSMBU is miles and miles better than SMB 1,2, and it beats out 3 pretty fairly (yeah, no). The only game that is even in the same league and competes with NSMBU is SMW. That's it. The rest are MILES worse.

Quality * would be the only reason to say otherwise.

*I fixed your post for accuracy* (which the NSMB series clearly lacks)

Seriously, what is up with new casual gamers and their super low standards? It makes me sad.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#44overkillwfo1978Posted 11/24/2012 3:41:20 AM
AXKSION posted...
I'm sorry, but I played SMB 1 on the NES when I first bought the console in early '86. Anyone that says SMB 1 is better than NSMBU is running purely on nostalgia. NSMBU is miles and miles better than SMB 1,2, and it beats out 3 pretty fairly (yeah, no). The only game that is even in the same league and competes with NSMBU is SMW. That's it. The rest are MILES worse.

Seriously, what is up with new casual gamers and their super low standards? It makes me sad.

Yeah. I was likely gaming before you were born son. You've trolled up enough of my time, to the list you go...
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#45AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 3:46:43 AM
AXKSION posted...

Yeah. I was likely gaming before you were born son. You've trolled up enough of my time, to the list you go...

Stating that NSMBu is better than SMB3 is the ultimate troll, so you take the troll cake.

Ohhhh nooooooo, halp me, u put me on da list cuz u cannot handle it, ohhh noez!
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#46jmichaelbpPosted 11/24/2012 3:47:42 AM
I'm stiiiiil in a bah. bah eateeeeeeer
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#47XWolfOPosted 11/24/2012 3:53:21 AM
No. That would be New Super Mario Bros 2.
---
It's-a me!
#48kdognumba1Posted 11/24/2012 3:56:19 AM
NSMB U is actually a really good game. It's like taking NSMB, SMW, and SMB3 and putting them together.
---
Watch me stream games live @ http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#49CloudStrife630Posted 11/24/2012 4:17:16 AM
AXKSION posted...
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was really awesome, how could people forget that? Yoshi's Island for DS was great too but the bar set by SMW2 (SNES) is just too high.

Yoshi's Island is probably my #3 favorite game of all time.

However, Yoshi's Island is Yoshi's game, not Mario's.

And the worst 2D main Mario game of all time is either NSMB2 or NSMBu, take your pick. Doesn't matter.

This( The Yoshi's Island game is a Yoshi game not Mario.)
---
http://www.abload.de/img/regxzjgs.gif
#50TrueBlue91Posted 11/24/2012 4:28:42 AM
jmichaelbp posted...
I'm stiiiiil in a bah. bah eateeeeeeer

Been playing MGS3 recently, I take it?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me