Can we install games to our hard drives?

#1TonyRodrigues76Posted 11/23/2012 10:44:38 AM
Then play them off the hard drives as long as we have the discs in so we dont burn out the lasers?
#2SolisPosted 11/23/2012 10:47:15 AM
There is no option to install disc-based content on another storage medium.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#3TonyRodrigues76(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:48:44 AM
oh :( thats not good so heavy wear and tear on the laser i suppose
#4Baha05Posted 11/23/2012 10:49:13 AM
Solis posted...

I think he means partial, like how the 360 allows for installation of data.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#5TonyRodrigues76(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:51:58 AM
yeah kinda as long as you have the disc in it will let you play kinda thing
#6SolisPosted 11/23/2012 10:58:48 AM
Baha05 posted...
Solis posted...

I think he means partial, like how the 360 allows for installation of data.

It doesn't have either. No retail games allow for loading game data on the internal or external storage, whether caching, partial, or full installation.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#7teknic1200Posted 11/25/2012 7:57:17 AM(edited)
It looks like I'll be buying as much as I can from the shop. I don't like listing to that disk noise and I had to swap the drive in my wii after about four years. It seems like those drives get louder and louder the more you use them.

xbox does this part correct, but I hate seeing commercials when I turn that thing on!

I haven't watched a TV station since 2000 because I hate the commercials.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#8rockyminPosted 11/25/2012 7:58:24 AM
teknic1200 posted...
It looks like I'll be buying as much as I can from the shop. I don't like listing to that disk noise and I had to swap the drive in my wii after about four years. It seems like those drives get louder and louder the more you use them.

xbox does this part correct, but I hate seeing commercials when I turn that thing on!

Not necessarily, the drive in my launch Wii still works fine. Hardly any noise at all.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#9omniryuPosted 11/25/2012 8:00:12 AM
teknic1200 posted...

Not sure if serious.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#10turtlej-manPosted 11/25/2012 8:25:00 AM
teknic1200 posted...

seriously dude......a simple ad for a game that just released on Xbox doesn't really count as a commercial. Also the commercial that does play is confined to a corner of the screen in a tiny box.

You act like you have to sit through a half hour of commercials before you get to pay a game.

Grow up.
---
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!