PlayStation All-Stars has kind of killed any enthusiasm I have in the Wii U

#11Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/23/2012 10:48:55 AM
I found it boring... And I am a Smash bros fan.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#12BufkusPosted 11/23/2012 10:49:31 AM
Good for you. Sounds like you're a diehard Sony fan and that's just fine and dandy. Don't understand why you had to make this thread though.
#13GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/23/2012 10:52:15 AM(edited)
ChevelIe posted...
I have never been crazy about Mario or Zelda, I love Pokemon still to this day but the only ever Nintendo series I absolutely am a fan of is Smash Bros. Little to say, I was beyond hyped when a new Smash Bros was announced especially when I thought Brawl would really be the last one and it was definitely my biggest reason to want a Wii U.

Then PlayStation All-Stars was announced and I thought "Cool its just PlayStation Smash Bros. so it should be fun", but as more details were released it turns out there were quite a few differences, namely Super only kills. That almost turned me of completely to the game, but this gaming year has had few games I wanted so PSASBR was the most appealing game to me and I gave it a try. Im glad I did and its one of the best buys I ever made.

It's addicting fun and the characters have so many depths and moves that it makes using each of them feel so different and refreshing each time you choose another character. I was playing Brawl for years but this truly feels like a step above it, it's way more thrilling and a game you can really submerge yourself n playing, SuperBot may be fighting game fans and were huge in the EVO scene before joining the dev studio, but they stumbled ass backwards into the genius of super only kills. 1 vs. 1 matches are like a different game with how fast paced they are and you are on the edge of your seat dodging and trying to land supers. The other fun is typical Smash styled matches with four players and it's so damn rewarding taking out your three opponents with a single level 1 super. Online is just great with that.

It's just amazing but it left me with a huge problem, should I even get a Wii U when I like PlayStation All-Stars better than Smash Bros.? Sakurai has stated he would keep the game simple and slow like Brawl for the children who want to get into it. I just have little to no reason now to get a Wii U just for that and *hopefully* a Pokemon Stadium styled game for Wii U. It would just feel like a downgrade trying to get into Smash Bros 4 after PlayStation All-Stars

I'm sorry tc I was laughing so hard at the topic title that the tears have made it impossible to read your post at all ahahahahah

Theres plenty of reasons for your Wii U enthusiasm to be killed, but that turd of a stillborn failed smash clone is not one of them lmfao
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#14JobocanPosted 11/23/2012 10:56:52 AM
Huh... One of my current problems with Sony Smash so far (haven't have much time to play it so far, got a lot of games this week in addition to that) is that I find the characters to be a bit too similar in some aspects.
But that's not too bad compared to the balancing. My favorite character in the game so far is Spike, but I can't really use him because his supers (thus his only way to get kills) are completely worthless. Actually, I calculate that almost half the cast isn't worth using.

Not a bad game at all, in fact I'm having fun with it, but I feel it has a lot of problems in it's core gameplay design.

It's not even close to being comparable to the Smash Bros games, but give it a sequel or two to iron out the obvious flaws and it definitely could, and I hope it does get sequels.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#15Someguy_13Posted 11/23/2012 11:05:13 AM
Playstation Allstars has been growing on me since I got it at launch, but I still don't think it's a super good game.

It's not even better than Brawl, let alone Melee.
I was pleased to see that it wasn't just a total rip off though.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#16JonbazookabozPosted 11/23/2012 11:17:38 AM
So why are u on this board. Go visit your mediocre clone game board.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#17Joehop007Posted 11/23/2012 11:58:40 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Playstation All-Stars is a really good Smash Bros. for Sony, but it does not come even close to be better then any of the Nintendo Smash Bros. games.

Because they aren't even close to being the same type of game. The only similarity being that it's a mascot fighter...

You know it plays a lot like Smash Bros. Don't try to deny it. Even the developers for the games specifically stated that they got inspiration from Smash Brothers.
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#18PhaseBlackPosted 11/23/2012 12:27:13 PM
PlayStation All-Stars is great but I think there are many reasons Wii U is hard to get excited for
---
PSVita & 3DS
#19RetroFanGirlPosted 11/23/2012 12:30:44 PM
The All Stars beta killed any enthusiasm I have for the game.
---
I'm playing:
Shinobi(PS2) ~ Xenoblade ~ Kirby's Air Ride
#20The_DjokerPosted 11/23/2012 12:38:14 PM
Trust me, when Smash 4 comes out, people will forget about this poor attempt at a clone. It make Brawl look like a masterpiece and that game was garbage.

PS all stars is NOT a great game. it's a shallow button masher with unbalanced characters, terrible single player options and overly expensive content. by the time all the characters are available for the game you would need to spend $100 to get them.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png