PlayStation All-Stars has kind of killed any enthusiasm I have in the Wii U

#51SpiegaPosted 11/24/2012 2:57:52 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Yeah, that's because Playstation All-Stars is more of a party game made with fighting fans in mind, whereas Smash Bros is a fighting game made with party game fans in mind. There is just much more "depth" to All Stars.

SSBM was arguably the biggest competitive fighting game of all time during its prime. The tournament scene was huge for that game, and the gameplay was nothing but raw skill.
#52PhaseBlackPosted 11/24/2012 4:29:55 PM
Spiega posted...
Yeah, that's because Playstation All-Stars is more of a party game made with fighting fans in mind, whereas Smash Bros is a fighting game made with party game fans in mind. There is just much more "depth" to All Stars.

SSBM was arguably the biggest competitive fighting game of all time during its prime. The tournament scene was huge for that game, and the gameplay was nothing but raw skill.

Too bad Brawl and future Smash Bros are made with 8 year old gamers in mind first and foremost
---
PSVita & 3DS
#53GEKGanonPosted 11/24/2012 5:09:24 PM
I'm not going to comment on whether All-Stars is good or bad, I just think it is funny they had to stretch hard to fill out the roster. Just 17 characters, and they had to use at least 5 third party characters just to reach that?
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#54mcsmellingtonPosted 11/25/2012 1:50:16 AM
GEKGanon posted...
I'm not going to comment on whether All-Stars is good or bad, I just think it is funny they had to stretch hard to fill out the roster. Just 17 characters, and they had to use at least 5 third party characters just to reach that?

It's 22 characters isnt it? And to be fair, they're releasing DLC, the first of which contains 2 exclusives.
---
GT: McPoo
#55AXKSIONPosted 11/25/2012 2:00:25 AM
I loathe these kinds of games, so I do not like SSB either, but does Playstation All-Stars even have 1 good character?

Just one?
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#56Oni_TaedoPosted 11/25/2012 2:03:09 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Spiega posted...

Too bad Brawl and future Smash Bros are made with 8 year old gamers in mind first and foremost

Except as broken as Brawl was, it still had better depth and balance than Sony Trash Bros.

You see, we don't need to point out why STB is bad. It's apparent. If you can't see it, you're blind.

Uninspired stage design.
Some really good character choices, but none of them owned by Sony (surprised Ezio wasn't in it, I would have bought it)
Counter-intuitive controls (I did go through the training mode during the beta)
Some godAWFUL netcode (I'm not an online junkie, but I did get a chance to play the beta online, and my roommate does have a copy.)
I won't lie, the graphics are worse than Brawls (comparatively speaking, of course. I mean, Brawl is a Wii game, but it's impressive for a Wii title, not SMG impressive, but still looks good. STB looks bland for a PS3 title.)

It's certainly better in some aspects, which I think Nintendo should take advantage of (the combo system is really good once you get a handle on it), but aside from that, they've got NOTHING to worry about.

And yeah, I'm aware STB sounds like a sexually transmitted disease (infection), I'd rather have an STD(I) than a copy of STB.

I'll wait until they make Sony Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Melee.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#57MisterSmeePosted 11/25/2012 2:06:27 AM
If its anything better than brawl Ill buy it. Brawl was terrible gameplay wise.
#58mcsmellingtonPosted 11/25/2012 2:18:51 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Spiega posted...

Except as broken as Brawl was, it still had better depth and balance than Sony Trash Bros.

You see, we don't need to point out why STB is bad. It's apparent. If you can't see it, you're blind.

Uninspired stage design.
Some really good character choices, but none of them owned by Sony (surprised Ezio wasn't in it, I would have bought it)
Counter-intuitive controls (I did go through the training mode during the beta)
Some godAWFUL netcode (I'm not an online junkie, but I did get a chance to play the beta online, and my roommate does have a copy.)
I won't lie, the graphics are worse than Brawls (comparatively speaking, of course. I mean, Brawl is a Wii game, but it's impressive for a Wii title, not SMG impressive, but still looks good. STB looks bland for a PS3 title.)

It's certainly better in some aspects, which I think Nintendo should take advantage of (the combo system is really good once you get a handle on it), but aside from that, they've got NOTHING to worry about.

And yeah, I'm aware STB sounds like a sexually transmitted disease (infection), I'd rather have an STD(I) than a copy of STB.

I'll wait until they make Sony Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Melee.

How are the stages uninspired? The mash up, changing stage idea is pretty good IMO.

Sir Dan, Sly, Sackboy? Don't you like any of the Sony characters?

Not sure what your problem with the controls is... How would you prefer them?

The net code for the beta was indeed awful, hopefully they've fixed it >_<

As for the graphics, they're alright. Nothing special but they get the job done, and are definitely better than Brawls.
---
GT: McPoo