Why I can't justify the purchase of a Wii U ATM (Leave your fanboy at the door)

#11Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:37:42 AM(edited)
Did your buy your PS3 when it was 600 dollars or your 360 when it was 400 when they just came out before a bunch of price drops?

I got my PS3 on Black Friday and I paid $300 for my original 360, and $200 for my Slim upgrade, also on Black friday.

Note: I got them in past black fridays, not the current years. this year I got an HDTV.
---
"Storms make trees take deeper roots."
#12IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/23/2012 11:37:07 AM
All good reasons, good on you for making your own decision.
#13TrueBlue91Posted 11/23/2012 11:38:59 AM
Well said. I agree.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#14PendragoonPosted 11/23/2012 11:40:14 AM
Known troll who has been bashing Nintendo for a while makes a topic about why the Wii U isn't worth it and is filled with nothing but childish ranting... Yep, nothing to see here.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#15JonbazookabozPosted 11/23/2012 11:40:20 AM
Get a job
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#16Baha05Posted 11/23/2012 11:40:28 AM
Alright then TC
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#17MegagunstarmanPosted 11/23/2012 11:41:16 AM
Luthor_ posted...
It's funny you say leave you fanboy posts at the door yet your whole topic comes out as a whiny fanboy lol so sad

Nothing in my posts comes off as whiny or fanboyish. And you didn't read it anyway.

Luthor_ posted...
2) $350, are you serious?

"Oh noes, he's done it now!! He wants Nintendo to go bankrupt selling thur cunsole!!11" Again, just read. Nintendo claims they sell their consoles at a loss? Even if this is true, it's such a small loss that it's laughable. This is corporate greed.

MMMHMMMM.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#18TerotrousPosted 11/23/2012 11:43:36 AM(edited)
Luthor_ posted...
1) I have a PS3 and Xbox 360

There are more advantages to the Wii U versions of the games other than the fact that they look slightly better. Some games support more players, for example, or have exclusive modes, making them clearly the definitive versions of their games. There's also handy features like the ability to open a web browser or a message board while the game is still running and quick-post your current game screen.

But most importantly, there's off-TV play, which is really the system-selling feature - it lets you use your Wii U as either a console or a handheld, depending on what's convenient. Want to play multiplayer with only one copy of a game, like with a console? It can do that. Want to play the game while watching TV or while not in front of one, like with a handheld? It can do that too. No other console offers this.

2) $350, are you serious?

For what you're getting, the price is reasonable. Keep in mind it also comes with a very expensive controller which is likely contributing $100 to the price by itself.

And you can always get the $300 version if you don't feel the extra stuff in the Deluxe is worth $50 (which, IMO, it's not).

3) What about the exclusives?

In 6 months, it will have a bunch. It is very unlikely that the price will have dropped by then, so you don't lose anything by buying now (and can already start buying the superior versions of multiplatform titles).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#19OtakuGameraPosted 11/23/2012 11:42:44 AM
*sticky requested*
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#20MINION9009Posted 11/23/2012 11:43:27 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Did your buy your PS3 when it was 600 dollars or your 360 when it was 400 when they just came out before a bunch of price drops?

I got my PS3 on Black Friday and I paid $300 for my original 360, and $200 for my Slim upgrade, also on Black friday.

Note: I got them in past black fridays, not the current years. this year I got an HDTV.

Alright well you didn't buy them when they were just released spouting their massive price tags so it's understandable to say " well 350 is to much"

It'll get cheaper as Time goes by so I wouldn't really list that as a big complaint since you don't need to be nor haven't really been an early adopter of the other consoles.

I'd expect at least a 50, probably more of a 100 dollar price drop near when a new 360 or ps3 ar4e about to come out.
---
MINION9000 : GT AND PSN