Why I can't justify the purchase of a Wii U ATM (Leave your fanboy at the door)

#161Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 6:49:10 PM
TheZedWords posted...
In all seriousness, why do you feel the need to write an essay on why you aren't buying something to a group of complete strangers? Way too much free time.

I expected nothing less than people pulling the free time/life card.

What a lazy attempt at rebuttle.
---
Dante Stormblade
#162TheFlamingCPosted 11/23/2012 6:53:52 PM
Why even post about this? Blogfaqs?
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#163enterthemadroxPosted 11/23/2012 6:54:30 PM
hyjinx17 posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
hyjinx17 posted...
Anyone who thinks $350 is too much for a home console is an idiot. I can understand finding the library lacking at this point(I do too) or not liking that your account is tied to your Wii U or 100 other things, but if you're whining about $350 for a home console you can just GTFO right now.

So can you give me the spare $350 you have lying around so I can get a Wii U then because I don't even have $200 in my bank balance right now so...

lol just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean it's overpriced.

Considering I purchased all consoles up until 2007 for 200 brand new on release and now they're all above that price......yeah, keep laughing monkey boy cause console prices are going up steadily.

At least it's not the Sony Blu Ray though, that was close to 500 brand new on release here.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#164TheZedWordsPosted 11/23/2012 6:55:13 PM
Luthor_ posted...

I expected nothing less than people pulling the free time/life card.

What a lazy attempt at rebuttle.

Well, let's be honest here... What exactly do you hope to accomplish with this topic? Someone to change your mind? I doubt it.

It's exactly like those people making "why I'm quitting" posts on every MMO board. Nobody really cares, and they only ever turn into flame wars. It's always the same and I think you know that. No amount of intellectual masturbation will hide your intentions.
#165strongo9Posted 11/23/2012 6:56:24 PM
Point two is just plain dumb. Making accusations of being greedy when the console only costs $350?
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#166gwithy16Posted 11/23/2012 6:58:18 PM
Luthor_ posted...
hyjinx17 posted...
Anyone who thinks $350 is too much for a home console is an idiot. I can understand finding the library lacking at this point(I do too) or not liking that your account is tied to your Wii U or 100 other things, but if you're whining about $350 for a home console you can just GTFO right now.

For much less, you can (for the sake of argument, we'll call them equal) an equally powered console, competent online play, 7 years worth of a game library, and tons of exclusives.

But forget the comparison to the 360. $350 for 2 exclusives, no big name exclusives other than MH in the near future, no competent online, half assed ports, and a mess of features missing that were highly advertised, all equates to something not worth purchasing. IMO.

IMO

IMO

IMO.
You guys seem to forget, what opinions are.

What missing features does it still have? All of the video services are available now. Only one I can think of is Nintendo TVii, which I'm sure not a lot of people care about.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7xxetjv
#167ChocoXCheesePosted 11/23/2012 7:03:13 PM
You can't justify the purchase of any new system unless it has at least five good games scheduled to come out for it, like the 3DS did. Which is why it's doing so well. And is why the Vita is flopping hard.
---
The Official Gabriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#168SilentS89Posted 11/23/2012 7:18:44 PM
Thanks for this topic TC, I've gone through a similar thought process myself. Its nice to hear the opinions of others in this regard.
#169SmackemsPosted 11/23/2012 7:51:20 PM
I completely agree.
---
Common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world-some dude.
#170therealdmanPosted 11/23/2012 8:12:44 PM
Luthor_, you don't come off as a troll at all. In fact, you've summed up my feelings on the Wii U at the moment. I am not anti-Wii U or anti-Nintendo - I just don't want one right now. For those who bought one and are enjoying it, I'm genuinely happy for you. I'll probably wait until a Zelda game or a big price drop.