Why I can't justify the purchase of a Wii U ATM (Leave your fanboy at the door)

#21Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:43:50 AM
Known troll who has been bashing Nintendo for a while makes a topic about why the Wii U isn't worth it and is filled with nothing but childish ranting... Yep, nothing to see here.

I don't troll, I just tell the truth.

I also suppose the entire professional website of Eurogamer is a troll too, amirite?
---
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
- Will Rogers
#22GLDanzegoPosted 11/23/2012 11:43:55 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Not sure why we need to know this but ok.

Why does anybody need to know how much fun you're having with it?

It works both ways.

Because this board is about the Wii U and is for discussion of the system. What does you posting the reasons you DON'T want one have to do with that? Your post is about NOT buying and NOT owning the Wii U, which means it isn't actually about the system.

Think about that. Go into it with the same open mind you're asking others to read your post with and don't bite my head off the moment you perceive it as negative (which is also what you're asking others not to do, but you turn around and end up doing to everyone else).
#23MidiaNitePosted 11/23/2012 11:44:17 AM
I personally didn't buy a Wii U, I feel the same way as you.

However, the Wii U will likely have growing cataloge of games. I'd just recommend waiting for games like Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter Ultimate come out. I'm pretty sure Nintendo will have to have a good E3 gaming related unveil next year considering the two E3's were focused more on introducing what the Wii U is and does.
---
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6: Transformed
#24Dark_LawlPosted 11/23/2012 11:44:40 AM
"I love Mario, Zelda, Monster Hunter and Pokemon as much as the next guy."

"I think Zelda is pretty overrated"

It's always Zelda.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#25Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:45:59 AM
I agree with people saying the exclusive selection with grow. I'm 100% sure of that.

My point is, why pay full price for a system which currently only sports 2 games that I cannot access on another platform?
---
"Storms make trees take deeper roots."
#26xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/23/2012 11:46:00 AM
TC, I actually expected a solid and non-whiny post from you based on the title. I was sadly let down when I saw all your 'fanboy'-based remarks thrown all over the place. It's a shame we share the same name...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
NNID - LexLuthor (Add me)
#27Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:46:58 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Not sure why we need to know this but ok.

Why does anybody need to know how much fun you're having with it?

It works both ways.

Because this board is about the Wii U and is for discussion of the system. What does you posting the reasons you DON'T want one have to do with that? Your post is about NOT buying and NOT owning the Wii U, which means it isn't actually about the system.

Think about that. Go into it with the same open mind you're asking others to read your post with and don't bite my head off the moment you perceive it as negative (which is also what you're asking others not to do, but you turn around and end up doing to everyone else).

This board is for the discussion of the Wii you, you're right.

It's not made for praising it. Positive and negative views are 100% allowed, and should be respected.
---
Dante Stormblade
#28BufkusPosted 11/23/2012 11:47:04 AM
Luthor_ posted...
It's funny you say leave you fanboy posts at the door yet your whole topic comes out as a whiny fanboy lol so sad

Nothing in my posts comes off as whiny or fanboyish. And you didn't read it anyway.

The $350?! are you serious shows that you're just a whiny fanboy.

I bought the PS3 at launch for $600 like a real gamer. I spend $400 on the Wii at its launch (the accessories and games added up). $350 is nothing.

Yeah if you don't want it cause you already have a PS3/360 fine, but there was absolutely no reason for you to rant about it on gamefaqs except to show some kind of superiority or simply piss on people who did decide to get one.
#29Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:48:26 AM
TC, I actually expected a solid and non-whiny post from you based on the title. I was sadly let down when I saw all your 'fanboy'-based remarks thrown all over the place. It's a shame we share the same name...

Hmm. I really don't think I sounded whiny anywhere in the topic.

I'm sure you're just taking offense to something you shouldn't and perceiving it as "whiny".
---
Dante Stormblade
#30snae99Posted 11/23/2012 11:48:47 AM
1) I have a PS3 and Xbox 360
- So do I and I still play them (well not the PS3 anymore). I'm a man of all systems.

2) $350, are you serious?
- What's so bad about the price tag? I think it's pretty good, I have no problem with it.

3) What about the exclusives?
- They'll come eventually, and for me the launch lineup is pretty good (I have 5 games so far). With Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter only a few months away I just had to buy this on release.

Hopefully I don't come off as a "Nintendrone" to you because I'm far from it. My main console was the 360 for the past 7 years. I just wanted to share my input because for some reason people have it in their heads that if you own the HD twins you don't need the Wii U. Well I own an extremely powerful PC, a PS3, a 360, a 3DS, a Wii and now the Wii U.
---
I should go.