Why I can't justify the purchase of a Wii U ATM (Leave your fanboy at the door)

#201GSoKashPosted 11/25/2012 8:37:31 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
Luthor_ posted...
GSoKash posted...
I'll be honest, I was at Best Buy about to buy it and pulled away for similar reasons as you TC. I have already played the games that are ports, so I'm pretty much left with NSMBU and ZombiU(which from videos, reviews and seeing it at a friends, seems like a waste)

Another thing I simply don't understand is why the hell the only two choices are a 8gb and a 32gb? The console automatically jumps to a 400-450$ price tag(roughly) because the second you want DLC, a map pack, or anything digital, you are almost out of room. Isn't the update something like 3gb's to begin with?

Very good point on the memory thing. A maximum of 32GB is ridiculous for current Gen consoles.

That's why you buy an external HDD.

But why should I have to buy an external HDD for a brand new console I am buying? The console automatically becomes a 400-450 (ballpark figure) console. Not only the added price, but the fact that Nintendo didn't even figure out that a model with a reasonable amount of memory would be a good idea worries me.
---
Playing: Day-Z(PC), Borderlands 2(360&PC), Fire Emblem 7(GBA)
#202wrathaPosted 11/25/2012 8:43:38 AM
Can I have your stuff?
#203justin_mcPosted 11/25/2012 8:55:21 AM
Luthor_ posted...
psychoboo13 posted...
I wanted to read the topic. I really did. But your "Nintendo fanboy" impressions were extremely childish and conflicted with the holier than thou attitude your posts exhude. If you want to rewrite it in a more mature tone, then I'll gladly read it and debate with you.

Its not me being holier than thou, what I did is a common technique to they and show people how dumb something sounds before its said.

And honestly, that is pretty much how a lot of posters on this board sound. So no, I wont be retyping this.

I'm sorry, but calling people Nintendrones, plus those snide remarks in the OP, screams troll to me. The term Nintendrone being thrown around as an insult only makes you come across like an arrogant jackass. So, next time you try this topic, leave your own fanboy at the door before telling others to do the same.
#204SoopaMan2KPosted 11/25/2012 9:01:27 AM
I hear where TC is coming from because Monster Hunter(And maybe Dragon Quest 10) is the only reason I'm getting a WiiU too. But at the same time, I don't think I'll get it then because Final Fantasy XIV will be out and I don't think I would want to be bothered by Nintendo or Monster Hunter by that time. It also depends on the RPG(s) selection.

Big Monster Hunter fan(Played since 1 and even Japan imports with Pay 2 Play subs), but $350 for one(or two counting Dragon Quest 10) is way too much just to play a game I love. It's just not worth it to me. Besides, I have till March(Monster Hunter release) to make my decision. I highly doubt I would get a WiiU in time for Monster Hunter, I'm not going to cry. Just one Monster Hunter I won't play.
---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#205jakestar0306Posted 11/25/2012 12:59:58 PM
GSoKash posted...
But why should I have to buy an external HDD for a brand new console I am buying? The console automatically becomes a 400-450 (ballpark figure) console. Not only the added price, but the fact that Nintendo didn't even figure out that a model with a reasonable amount of memory would be a good idea worries me.

Tell me what costs more: proprietary storage built into the system or non-proprietary storage outside of the system.

People who won't download a lot of games won't have to pay for storage they won't use. People who will download a lot of games pay less for storage. Nintendo gets more sales since the overall price of the system is lower. Everybody wins.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#206Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 4:37:48 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
GSoKash posted...

Tell me what costs more: proprietary storage built into the system or non-proprietary storage outside of the system.

People who won't download a lot of games won't have to pay for storage they won't use. People who will download a lot of games pay less for storage. Nintendo gets more sales since the overall price of the system is lower. Everybody wins.

Memory is dirty cheap and the 360 has a 4GB flash memory option, and you can add an HDD on top of that. Internal, too.
---
Dante Stormblade
#207SoopaMan2KPosted 11/30/2012 6:28:39 AM
Isn't the WiiU's HDD swapable too? If that's the case then, I'll get the 8GB and swap in a TB.
---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#208vyseskiesPosted 11/30/2012 6:43:42 AM
Nobody cares if you can't justify the WiiU purchase atm, who are you anyways, if you don't want it, just dont buy it and enjoy what you have. We won't miss you, much less your rant TC.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#209paradoxworldPosted 11/30/2012 6:48:14 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Not sure why we need to know this but ok.

Why does anybody need to know how much fun you're having with it?

It works both ways.

Not even going to read the whole troll of a topic, but no, no it doesn't.

This is the Wii U board. It is meant to discuss the Wii U and how much fun you are having. If you don't have a Wii U and have no intention of buying one, you have two options; leave, or deal with it.
---
216.152.65.156 - PM me if this means anything to you. :D
These pretzels are making me thirsty!