Why I can't justify the purchase of a Wii U ATM (Leave your fanboy at the door)

#31xoftheuniversePosted 11/23/2012 11:49:21 AM
TC I have a couple of questions. If you decided to not get one, why are you here? Since you aren't getting one why make this topic? Finally why would I and the rest of the WiiU board on Gamefaqs care if you get one?
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#32Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:50:00 AM
Luthor_ posted...
It's funny you say leave you fanboy posts at the door yet your whole topic comes out as a whiny fanboy lol so sad

Nothing in my posts comes off as whiny or fanboyish. And you didn't read it anyway.

The $350?! are you serious shows that you're just a whiny fanboy.

I bought the PS3 at launch for $600 like a real gamer. I spend $400 on the Wii at its launch (the accessories and games added up). $350 is nothing.

Yeah if you don't want it cause you already have a PS3/360 fine, but there was absolutely no reason for you to rant about it on gamefaqs except to show some kind of superiority or simply piss on people who did decide to get one.

Again, I'm 90% sure you didn't read the entire post. Does $350 warrant the purchase of 2 games? That's not even including the actual cost of the games.

Also "like a real gamer" confirms that I shouldn't take you seriously.
---
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
#33MichaelDeAngeloPosted 11/23/2012 11:50:06 AM
You want us to take you seriously, but in your second point, you harp on Nintendo for wanting to make a profit on their system. How do you think the world works?
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#34Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:51:17 AM
TC I have a couple of questions. If you decided to not get one, why are you here? Since you aren't getting one why make this topic? Finally why would I and the rest of the WiiU board on Gamefaqs care if you get one?

You want us to take you seriously, but in your second point, you harp on Nintendo for wanting to make a profit on their system. How do you think the world works?

I will answer you two as soon as you read the topic.
---
Dante Stormblade
#35Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:52:23 AM
All good reasons, good on you for making your own decision.

Well said. I agree.

*sticky requested*

Thanks for positive feedback, guys :)
---
Dante Stormblade
#36BeatItUpRightPosted 11/23/2012 11:53:37 AM
People will get very protective of something they have been waiting for ages in excitement, but I completely agree.

Very little incentive to get one if you already have the 360/PS3.

The name of the console suites it, as it literally is the Wii with a minor upgrade.
---
Intel Pentium Pro @155mhz - 2MB 3dfx Voodoo Graphics - 4x 16MB SIMM ram - 32k Modem - Windows 98
#37xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/23/2012 11:54:23 AM
Maybe I did read more into it than I thought. Been up too late due to Black Friday chaos, I'll give it another go... lol
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
NNID - LexLuthor (Add me)
#38Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:55:54 AM
Maybe I did read more into it than I thought. Been up too late due to Black Friday chaos, I'll give it another go... lol

No hurt feelings.

If you still think I came off as whiny, I can assure you I didn't try to come off that way.
---
Dante Stormblade
#39teknic1200Posted 11/23/2012 11:56:04 AM
You sure have spent an awful lot of time and energy contemplating this. If I don't want something I don't give it a second thought. I certainly don't run off to a public forum and write an essay long enough to require two posts.

Those of us who do have a wii u already know the truth.

The one thing I hate about xbl is the way you're bombarded with adds.

I play games to escape, the last thing I want is to see political advertising forced on me. I hate paying for a commercial advertising space sitting on my tv. Yes I'll continue to keep my xbl account but at the end of that day it's not some remarkable experience that's not saturated with prepubescent boys.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#40snae99Posted 11/23/2012 11:56:25 AM
BeatItUpRight posted...
People will get very protective of something they have been waiting for ages in excitement, but I completely agree.

Very little incentive to get one if you already have the 360/PS3.

*Owns 360, PS3 and PC. Has a Wii U*
---
I should go.