Why I can't justify the purchase of a Wii U ATM (Leave your fanboy at the door)

#41Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:57:15 AM
You sure have spent an awful lot of time and energy contemplating this. If I don't want something I don't give it a second thought. I certainly don't run off to a public forum and write an essay long enough to require two posts.

Those of us who do have a wii u already know the truth.

The one thing I hate about xbl is the way you're bombarded with adds.

I play games to escape, the last thing I want is to see political advertising forced on me. I hate paying for a commercial advertising space sitting on my tv. Yes I'll continue to keep my xbl account but at the end of that day it's not some remarkable experience that's not saturated with prepubescent boys.

You thinking this is essay quality makes me feel like you're rather young.

Which makes your post excusable, so no problem if you feel that way. I spent only a few minutes on this post and then formatted it a little.
---
Dante Stormblade
#42goemon1977Posted 11/23/2012 10:57:57 AM
Hey there TC, I am not going to flame you at but I can tell you why I bought mine the other day and give you some silly details about myself in the process which may help shed some light on my decision...sorry if I bore anyone!

I'm 35, been gaming for 29 years (crap I'm old ) and I am a big fan of the Nintendo first party games, having been raised on them. I'm not a "drone" since I can admit that I thought that the Wii was disappointing to me in the graphics department. I am also not a fan of the motion controls, it did have some nice exclusives though. One of those exclusives I have a severe problem with...MH Tri, you see I am addicted to MH, I own every iteration of it and I can't get enough.

When I heard that they will be publishing a new MH for the Wii U and that it would be localized is like a dream come true for me. That is a feat that my PS3 and 360 have yet to accomplish (except for the MHP 3rd HD which doesn't count). So not only do I finally get a HD MH game on an actual console, I will be getting some awesome Nintendo stuff along with it in the future. Also another reason for me being an early adopter of the Wii U...the Ambassador program. After seeing what I missed out on for the 3DS by not getting it early, I don't want to risk another missed chance.
---
It's the Great Space Coaster!
#43Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:58:57 AM
BeatItUpRight posted...
People will get very protective of something they have been waiting for ages in excitement, but I completely agree.

Very little incentive to get one if you already have the 360/PS3.

*Owns 360, PS3 and PC. Has a Wii U*

That's fine. I also hope you enjoy it, but I personally couldn't see myself purchasing this at full price with only 2 exclusives.

With a price drop, or many new exclusives? Sure.
---
Dante Stormblade
#44Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:00:55 AM
Hey there TC, I am not going to flame you at but I can tell you why I bought mine the other day and give you some silly details about myself in the process which may help shed some light on my decision...sorry if I bore anyone!

I'm 35, been gaming for 29 years (crap I'm old ) and I am a big fan of the Nintendo first party games, having been raised on them. I'm not a "drone" since I can admit that I thought that the Wii was disappointing to me in the graphics department. I am also not a fan of the motion controls, it did have some nice exclusives though. One of those exclusives I have a severe problem with...MH Tri, you see I am addicted to MH, I own every iteration of it and I can't get enough.

When I heard that they will be publishing a new MH for the Wii U and that it would be localized is like a dream come true for me. That is a feat that my PS3 and 360 have yet to accomplish (except for the MHP 3rd HD which doesn't count). So not only do I finally get a HD MH game on an actual console, I will be getting some awesome Nintendo stuff along with it in the future. Also another reason for me being an early adopter of the Wii U...the Ambassador program. After seeing what I missed out on for the 3DS by not getting it early, I don't want to risk another missed chance.

I too am a huge fan of Monster Hunter, as I've stated before. It is going to be my primary exclusive for a long while when I do get my Wii U.
---
Dante Stormblade
#45GLDanzegoPosted 11/23/2012 11:01:37 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Not sure why we need to know this but ok.

Why does anybody need to know how much fun you're having with it?

It works both ways.

Because this board is about the Wii U and is for discussion of the system. What does you posting the reasons you DON'T want one have to do with that? Your post is about NOT buying and NOT owning the Wii U, which means it isn't actually about the system.

Think about that. Go into it with the same open mind you're asking others to read your post with and don't bite my head off the moment you perceive it as negative (which is also what you're asking others not to do, but you turn around and end up doing to everyone else).

This board is for the discussion of the Wii you, you're right.

It's not made for praising it. Positive and negative views are 100% allowed, and should be respected.

Aaaand it's no surprise that you completely missed the point.

Think of it this way: would it make any sense whatsoever for a person to go on a forum for, say, street racing and start telling everyone why they don't care for it and why they prefer sanctioned track racing? No, that would be ridiculous and a complete waste of time. However, some people here (such as yourself) think that coming here to tell us why they don't want to buy a Wii U makes perfect sense and is completely on topic.

The thing is, it's not. The same thing applies to your discussion here. If you don't want it and aren't going to buy it, then what's the point in coming here to tell everyone that? You seriously don't see why that's completely inane?

--
#46PendragoonPosted 11/23/2012 11:02:48 AM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
You want us to take you seriously, but in your second point, you harp on Nintendo for wanting to make a profit on their system. How do you think the world works?

That part made my head hurt.

Every time he tries to make a point with intelligence he screws up by inserting fanboy style responses and poorly disguised troll remarks. There is nothing to be taken seriously in that wall of text he wrote.

Luckily I can read quickly, otherwise I would be angry at how much time I subjected my brain to that.

I miss when trolls were actually good at what they did, I miss the battle of wits they used to provide.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#47Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:03:54 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Not sure why we need to know this but ok.

Why does anybody need to know how much fun you're having with it?

It works both ways.

Because this board is about the Wii U and is for discussion of the system. What does you posting the reasons you DON'T want one have to do with that? Your post is about NOT buying and NOT owning the Wii U, which means it isn't actually about the system.

Think about that. Go into it with the same open mind you're asking others to read your post with and don't bite my head off the moment you perceive it as negative (which is also what you're asking others not to do, but you turn around and end up doing to everyone else).

This board is for the discussion of the Wii you, you're right.

It's not made for praising it. Positive and negative views are 100% allowed, and should be respected.

Aaaand it's no surprise that you completely missed the point.

Think of it this way: would it make any sense whatsoever for a person to go on a forum for, say, street racing and start telling everyone why they don't care for it and why they prefer sanctioned track racing? No, that would be ridiculous and a complete waste of time. However, some people here (such as yourself) think that coming here to tell us why they don't want to buy a Wii U makes perfect sense and is completely on topic.

The thing is, it's not. The same thing applies to your discussion here. If you don't want it and aren't going to buy it, then what's the point in coming here to tell everyone that? You seriously don't see why that's completely inane?

--

I can't post my opinion on something, and it's a waste of time unless it's positive?

Well then. If that's how you feel, GameFAQs may not be the board for you.
---
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
#48TerotrousPosted 11/23/2012 11:04:38 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Again, I'm 90% sure you didn't read the entire post. Does $350 warrant the purchase of 2 games? That's not even including the actual cost of the games.

As I posted, the price of the system probably won't drop for at least 8 months to a year. So it's not just 2 games, if you buy now you get access to both the superior versions of multiplatform titles and any exclusives that come out between now and the first price drop. If you're not going to wait until the first price drop there's no reason not to buy now, since it won't cost you any more and you can start getting those superior multiplats.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#49Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:05:09 AM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
You want us to take you seriously, but in your second point, you harp on Nintendo for wanting to make a profit on their system. How do you think the world works?

That part made my head hurt.

Every time he tries to make a point with intelligence he screws up by inserting fanboy style responses and poorly disguised troll remarks. There is nothing to be taken seriously in that wall of text he wrote.

Luckily I can read quickly, otherwise I would be angry at how much time I subjected my brain to that.

I miss when trolls were actually good at what they did, I miss the battle of wits they used to provide.

Nothing I said was "fanboy style"

I even ended the topic politely. Nothing is here me being a troll.
---
Dante Stormblade
#50Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:06:49 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Again, I'm 90% sure you didn't read the entire post. Does $350 warrant the purchase of 2 games? That's not even including the actual cost of the games.

As I posted, the price of the system probably won't drop for at least 8 months to a year. So it's not just 2 games, if you buy now you get access to both the superior versions of multiplatform titles and any exclusives that come out between now and the first price drop. If you're not going to wait until the first price drop there's no reason not to buy now, since it won't cost you any more and you can start getting those superior multiplats.

Do you know for sure multiplats will be superior on this system?

Do you know for sure it will take 8 months for a price drop?

I would like access to your time machine, if you don't mind.
---
"Storms make trees take deeper roots."