Why I can't justify the purchase of a Wii U ATM (Leave your fanboy at the door)

#51mogwaimonPosted 11/23/2012 11:09:18 AM
It's alright that you don't want a Wii U, everyone knows early adopters end up getting screwed in the end and experience issues that later purchasers won't, all for the privilege of early access.

What I don't get is why you feel the need to justify your reasoning to a group of strangers. I mean there's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion but it seems to me that this'd be the sort of thing I'd bring up to my friends, if anyone, rather than an internet message board.

I also realize this post is pretty useless, but sue me, I am bored.
#52GLDanzegoPosted 11/23/2012 11:13:46 AM(edited)
Luthor_ posted...

I can't post my opinion on something, and it's a waste of time unless it's positive?

Well then. If that's how you feel, GameFAQs may not be the board for you.

It has nothing to do with negativity. Can you read? I tried to explain it to you, but it seems you lack the intelligence to comprehend reading and use basic logic. Instead, the best you can come up with is "I'm not being negative, derp."

I can do a lot of things, but I just can't argue with stupid. I've tried many times and it just doesn't work. Oh well. *walks away from thread*

---------
#53datopgamerPosted 11/23/2012 11:15:35 AM
There's nothing wrong with a little change. I have the ps3 and 360 as well and I welcomed the change of the wii u. Sure it doesn't have the graphical capabilities of a gaming pc (which for some reason everyone was expecting), but the graphics are what I expected. You get 1080p gaming with 60fps (on some games, not sure if it's all) which the 360 or ps3 couldn't accomplish. You get the exclusives of the console (which is really the only reason to buy a console). You get a nice controller, which I though was going to be uncomfortable to use but was surprised on how nice it was to use. Sure it's not as powerful as a system that's going to be coming out at the end of 2013 or 2014 but that's to be expected. If you truly want to have the most powerful system then get a gaming pc.

Also another question for you, did you buy either the 360 or the ps3 at launch? I can't remember if it was posted in this but if you did then I don't really see how the complaints are valid as both of those systems had a worse launch titles than the Wii U.

Either way just enjoy whatever system you want to play. As gamers we should just enjoy games and not the company who made it or how nice the graphics look.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Corsair 750TX PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
#54Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:16:51 AM
Luthor_ posted...

I can't post my opinion on something, and it's a waste of time unless it's positive?

Well then. If that's how you feel, GameFAQs may not be the board for you.

It has nothing to do with negativity. Can you read? I tried to explain it to you, but it seems you lack the basic intelligence to comprehend reading and use basic logic. Instead, the best you can come up with is "I'm not being negative, derp."

I can do a lot of things, but I just can't argue with stupid. I've tried many times and it just doesn't work. Oh well. *walks away from thread*

---------

I've been nothing but respectful in this topic. I could be much more brash as I am elsewhere.

Your post was basically a few sentences saying "can you read".

Obviously, I can put my opinion on this board. If it bothers you so much.. Idk what to say that won't sound harsh so I'll just leave it at that.

It's alright that you don't want a Wii U, everyone knows early adopters end up getting screwed in the end and experience issues that later purchasers won't, all for the privilege of early access.

What I don't get is why you feel the need to justify your reasoning to a group of strangers. I mean there's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion but it seems to me that this'd be the sort of thing I'd bring up to my friends, if anyone, rather than an internet message board.

I also realize this post is pretty useless, but sue me, I am bored.

None of my friends are "gamers". But that's besides the point. Any post that isn't asking for help or opinions on a message board is 100% useless using your own logic.
---
"Even Satan can build a cross."
#55DTY3Posted 11/23/2012 11:17:38 AM
Grow up, TC. All you've done today is whine. If you don't want a Wii U, then don't buy one. Nobody cares if you buy one or not.

I don't know why you made this reassurance topic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#56hypermoePosted 11/23/2012 11:18:40 AM
TC i think thats pretty damn smart. Ill admit i really only bought the WiiU because it was new, and the games out now seems interesting. i think its logical to wait especially if you own other consoles. I mean i own all the current ones (handhelds included) and its hard to get the games you want on a system because you have so much, plus its a bunch of money you spend.

But i still enjoy it which people seem to not understand. if you have no reason to buy a WiiU (or anything else for that matter) why buy it just because?
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#57candson89Posted 11/23/2012 11:18:50 AM
Wow, coming from a Nintendo fan like myself, I fail to see how his post come off as a troll.
He clearly listed legitimate reasons for why he doesn't want to purchase the console for now, especially with the games, which is a great point.

Although I'm satisfied with my purchase, I wouldn't be any better bashing those who feel the complete opposite.
#58DTY3Posted 11/23/2012 11:19:54 AM
candson89 posted...
Wow, coming from a Nintendo fan like myself, I fail to see how his post come off as a troll.
He clearly listed legitimate reasons for why he doesn't want to purchase the console for now, especially with the games, which is a great point.

Although I'm satisfied with my purchase, I wouldn't be any better bashing those who feel the complete opposite.

It's because he spends all day trolling other topics about things he knows nothing about.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#59Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:20:08 AM
There's nothing wrong with a little change. I have the ps3 and 360 as well and I welcomed the change of the wii u. Sure it doesn't have the graphical capabilities of a gaming pc (which for some reason everyone was expecting), but the graphics are what I expected. You get 1080p gaming with 60fps (on some games, not sure if it's all) which the 360 or ps3 couldn't accomplish. You get the exclusives of the console (which is really the only reason to buy a console). You get a nice controller, which I though was going to be uncomfortable to use but was surprised on how nice it was to use. Sure it's not as powerful as a system that's going to be coming out at the end of 2013 or 2014 but that's to be expected. If you truly want to have the most powerful system then get a gaming pc.

Also another question for you, did you buy either the 360 or the ps3 at launch? I can't remember if it was posted in this but if you did then I don't really see how the complaints are valid as both of those systems had a worse launch titles than the Wii U.

Either way just enjoy whatever system you want to play. As gamers we should just enjoy games and not the company who made it or how nice the graphics look.

The thing is, the Wii U only launched with 2 exclusives and games that were readily available on the older consoles.

And remakes of games comparing to 7 year old tech just doesn't impress me. I hate saying that as it sounds like me being a hater, but it's true and really undeniable.

As I've said several times, at least several times, I will eventually be getting a Wii U.
---
"Storms make trees take deeper roots."
#60Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:23:49 AM(edited)
candson89 posted...

It's because he spends all day trolling other topics about things he knows nothing about.

I admitted I probably come off as snide and trolling in other topics. Sometimes it's just fanboys from either side get to me.

I don't mean to sound like that.

Thanks man.
---
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."