So after 5 days, how do you feel about the system?

#1V8rmillionPosted 11/23/2012 12:38:14 PM
Just trying to get everyone's opinion.

So far, I enjoy the system, for the most part. ZombiU is not that great, but it's playable and can be fun. Mario is great, as expected. But besides Mario, I don't think there are any games that make this system a must buy yet...The gamepad is incredibly nice, and the MiiVerse is well though out and feels just like Facebook. But the load times, and the cluttered MiiVerse menu is a huge turn off for me, and with it being a brand new console, I kind of thought Nintendo would have a huge launch title that really shows what the system could do...What do you guys think?
---
I Like How.
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/23/2012 12:43:24 PM
Don't have one yet. Still ecstatic over getting one.
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#3dominatinggamerPosted 11/23/2012 12:47:48 PM
I'd give it an 8.5/10.
That score would go up as soon as the other features are released/launched and they sure up the freezing issues.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#4RikuWOblivion2Posted 11/23/2012 12:47:54 PM
I'm loving it. I got it about 3 days ago and it hardly gets turned off because I can always be doing something with it. The controller has actually made the system for me easily.
The day I got it I visited my buddy's college dorm. No wifi connection so we just played local and had a hilariously awesome time. When I woke up before him I just grabbed the gamepad and started playing. No need to wake him up with the tv, that was awesome to me.
Then finally getting it online has been awesome. Youtube, netflix, etc, all handheld and in really good quality on the gamepad is amazing.

I suppose I should've bought myself an Ipad at some point looking at things, but getting a gaming console with the same concepts is awesome.
---
Just call my name, you'll be okay, your scream is BURNING through my veins
http://www.centsports.com/ref/673351
#5dominatinggamerPosted 11/23/2012 12:50:12 PM
RikuWOblivion2 posted...
I'm loving it. I got it about 3 days ago and it hardly gets turned off because I can always be doing something with it. The controller has actually made the system for me easily.
The day I got it I visited my buddy's college dorm. No wifi connection so we just played local and had a hilariously awesome time. When I woke up before him I just grabbed the gamepad and started playing. No need to wake him up with the tv, that was awesome to me.
Then finally getting it online has been awesome. Youtube, netflix, etc, all handheld and in really good quality on the gamepad is amazing.

I suppose I should've bought myself an Ipad at some point looking at things, but getting a gaming console with the same concepts is awesome.

Can i just add that the ability to surf the web on the pad is huge. I wanted to buy a 7" tablet for myself for xmas but I don't think I'll need one now given this will fill the void for what I wanted to use a tablet for (surfing the web while on the couch).
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#6EastCoastKodyPosted 11/23/2012 1:51:37 PM
Loving it.

Its just plain fun. Trolls can troll all they want, but u can't deny how fun it is to play.

I can get lost in MiiVerse and Nintendo Land. And do....for like 3-4 hrs at a time.

Just playing Nintendo Land alone, u realize how many different ways to play a game are now at ur disposal.

My biggest complaint would be (at least in Nintendo Land).....sometimes u feel like ur playing a handheld more than a console. Many of the different games on Nintendo Land don't have u even looking at ur TV.

It also can be jarring trying pay attention to 2 screens
#7PeteyParkerPosted 11/23/2012 2:06:17 PM
It's great.

Super Mario Bros is fun to play and I've gotten use out of playing it via the gamepad when my wife wanted to watch TV while I was playing.

I love ZombiU. It's very tense and there is a great sense of terror that I haven't felt since I played the very first Resident Evil. Yesterday my wife's cousin and I played the multiplayer for hours and it was a blast. I haven't enjoyed local multiplayer that much since the original GoldenEye on N64.

Haven't really gotten to mess with NintendoLand yet.

Very happy with my purchase.
---
"How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who....What I'm trying to say is.. Oasis rules!"
#8shootsmackPosted 11/23/2012 2:07:41 PM
It is a bad system, I am returning mine, and I have never seen such a disappointing launch.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#9IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/23/2012 2:08:17 PM
Not buying one until Nintendo fixes their asinine DRM policy.
#10HugsAllAroundPosted 11/23/2012 2:10:31 PM
Love everything about it. It has made my PS3 obsolete. I had some freezing issues with NSMBU, but I used the temporary fix while waiting for the permanent fix next week.