Spiega's Wii U Deluxe unboxing experience: Console review and first impressions

#21PixieyPosted 11/23/2012 11:56:35 PM
Great review....In one of the comments you made you said something about how the games don't utilize the gamepad well. I have to disagree. I have Nintendoland and that game is very nice. You can or have to use the gamepad in almost every game.

Don't you think it is neat in Warawara Plaza when you turn the machine on how you can see the top ten games and applications other people are using? Or the really awesome artwork that players are putting up in their comments? How about the communities, and how you can get help right there in a game if you are stuck without having to shut it down? There are so many features that are not in other consoles. Also the ease of transferring your Wii games and virtual console data, the cute movie it plays or how about how much faster and more efficient the browser is?

I think not having flash was a mistake again on Nintendo's part. I would not give the console a 10, I don't think there is a perfect console out there, but I would give it a 9.

There are tons of people that updated and things are fine...the updates are because they kept tweaking things right til the end and they are already planning on more updates to fix and make things run smoother. Also the reason for all the updates for every app and game is due to the fact that they had sent out consoles for game reviewers and such but did not allow access to the online and other capabilities until launch. I hope you post another review on the other things and also the games you have tried out! =)
#22Spiega(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 6:25:55 PM
Pixiey posted...
Great review....In one of the comments you made you said something about how the games don't utilize the gamepad well. I have to disagree. I have Nintendoland and that game is very nice. You can or have to use the gamepad in almost every game.

Don't you think it is neat in Warawara Plaza when you turn the machine on how you can see the top ten games and applications other people are using? Or the really awesome artwork that players are putting up in their comments? How about the communities, and how you can get help right there in a game if you are stuck without having to shut it down? There are so many features that are not in other consoles. Also the ease of transferring your Wii games and virtual console data, the cute movie it plays or how about how much faster and more efficient the browser is?

I think not having flash was a mistake again on Nintendo's part. I would not give the console a 10, I don't think there is a perfect console out there, but I would give it a 9.

There are tons of people that updated and things are fine...the updates are because they kept tweaking things right til the end and they are already planning on more updates to fix and make things run smoother. Also the reason for all the updates for every app and game is due to the fact that they had sent out consoles for game reviewers and such but did not allow access to the online and other capabilities until launch. I hope you post another review on the other things and also the games you have tried out! =)

Yeah, the only game I played before posting this was NSMBU. I found it to be a fun game. It felt like Super Mario World mixed with New Super Mario Bros. which was a good twist, because SMW was my favorite Mario game of all time, and they updated it with the current style of NSMB.

I was playing Nintendo World as well now, too. I don't really know how I feel about it, though. Its really just a compilation of mini games based on other Nintendo games. While it isn't bad in any way, it just feels a little repetitive after a while, and makes me wish I was playing the other Nintendo titles being featured in it.
#23Lemmywinks13Posted 11/25/2012 8:33:07 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Lord_Valkire posted...
Gamepad isn't playable "on-the-go" I hope you realize...

Maybe not as on the go as an actual handheld console, but on the go enough that you could play one anywhere in the house.

If your house is made out of cardboard and toothpicks yeah.

Butthurt that someone enjoys the Wii U? lol
#24Spiega(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:11:37 PM
=/

I don't think he's "butt hurt"

Hes just insulting the size of my home... which, for the record, is not made of cardboard and toothpicks :D