ZombiU is my favorite game on the system so far

#1Phange 2Posted 11/23/2012 2:42:07 PM
I own:

Assassins Creed 3
NintendoLand
Black Ops 2
ZombiU

ZU does the best job of being a totally unique experience while simultaneously using the GamePad in a way that legitimately improves the overall immersion.

And it's such a wonderful homage to the plodding bliss that is Dark Souls and Roguelikes.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#2wingo84Posted 11/23/2012 2:45:13 PM
I can see myself loving that game. I only got to play it for 25 mins the other day, second game I tried out on the console... took me 10 mins to get my head around the fact the screens worked together and I HAD to look at both. What an experience.

Looking forward to next week!
---
Playing Skyward Sword
Sponsor My Movember http://mobro.co/philwing
#3BigAl519Posted 11/23/2012 2:45:21 PM
Awesome. I'm thinking of picking it up sometime soon along with Nintendoland. Got Assassins Creed 3 and NSMBU with mine. Have you found AC3 a little finicky with the right joystick at all? Seems like its not overly sensitive.
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#4Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 2:46:17 PM
BigAl519 posted...
Awesome. I'm thinking of picking it up sometime soon along with Nintendoland. Got Assassins Creed 3 and NSMBU with mine. Have you found AC3 a little finicky with the right joystick at all? Seems like its not overly sensitive.

It seems fine to me, but I don't like the face button placement. Makes the combat feel unusually strange.
---
Bacon.
#5knob1701Posted 11/23/2012 2:48:04 PM
My favorite also.
I have: Mario, Nintendo Land, Sonic racing and ZombiU
#6Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 2:48:51 PM
I love the feeling of getting to a new are,a, stopping, scanning, and convincing yourself to keep going. It's oddly creepy and insular.
---
Bacon.
#7TonyRodrigues76Posted 11/23/2012 2:52:36 PM
After Christmas I will get that game for myself as I bought Mario epic Mickey 2
Wipeout 3 and sonic racing for the kids for Christmas and it comes with nintendoland
So Yeah want zombie u and black ops 2 for myself but have to wait want it pretty bad though
#8roos1046 RebornPosted 11/23/2012 3:11:04 PM
your other 3 games are average ports and crap that isn't a real game
this shouldn't be a surprise
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#9MmaguyPosted 11/23/2012 3:14:57 PM
Yup, it's pretty great.

The game is supposed to give you a creepy feeling, a sense of emergency to survive, and a system put in place to test yourself and keep a record (how long can you make a survivor survive?), and it does these 3 things wonderfully.

I'd rate NSMBU as my favorite Wii U game, with Nintendoland after simply because some of the games are addictive and I have friends who love to play couch co-op and we have a blast playing it. After those two, I'd put up ZombiU for sure as the third.
#10iloveheavyrainPosted 11/23/2012 3:19:21 PM
I agree. ZU is the sleeper hit. Don't listen to the ridiculous low reviews. Yes, one is entitled to their opinion. However, 4.5, or "poor", sounds like an "I am angry and the game is too hard" for me type of score.
---
WARNING: This person calls others trolls, a sign of a persons insecurity and need to bully and dominate. http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Garfield64/boards