Would Nintendo be better served by going the Sega route?

#31ashcrvPosted 11/24/2012 2:41:20 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Starwars4J posted...
Honestly the only one close to going the Sega route is Sony

Total BS. Everyone knows a PS4 is being prepped.

But it'll flop.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#32RolanberryPosted 11/24/2012 2:43:24 AM
Well they make tons of cash on the handheld rout. Even if they decided to go whole hog on mobile phones they would end out on a loss over what they make with the DS line of games.
#33Golden MavenPosted 11/24/2012 2:53:28 AM
ashcrv posted...
But it'll flop.

Harder than the Wii-U? That would be quite an accomplishment.
#34DunanPosted 11/24/2012 2:59:43 AM
I wouldn't want it, Sega's been pretty good at killing franchises as of late.
#35Darkfire_31Posted 11/24/2012 3:01:25 AM
Paulf001 posted...
Before the Wii they never threw around the word innovative, NES, SNES, N64, GC what would you call their games then?

Maybe they didn't toss Innovative around as much as they do now but Each one of those systems had an aspect that was innovative.

NES- New and Unique Games R.O.B
SNES- Super Gameboy, FX Chip,
Virtual Boy - First Foray into 3D gaming
N64- Rumble Pack, Expansion Pack,
Gamecube - Unique Disks, Wireless Contoller, Broadband and modem adapter all Gamecube were Stereoscopic 3D ready although never used

So yeah they've been innovative for years now they just talk about it more.
#36Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2012 3:02:30 AM
Paulf001 posted...
Before the Wii they never threw around the word innovative, NES, SNES, N64, GC what would you call their games then?

Today Nintendo has became the Japanese version of Apple, releasing rehashed devices with a new gimmick.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#37Spade59Posted 11/24/2012 3:39:40 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Harder than the Vita? That would be quite an accomplishment.

Indeed.
#38ZimbabweBobPosted 11/24/2012 3:51:36 AM
Golden Maven posted...
ashcrv posted...
But it'll flop.

Harder than the Wii-U? That would be quite an accomplishment.

Compared to the Wii, maybe. When you set such a high benchmark for success, it's harder to hit the mark. On the flip side of that sentiment, doesn't Sony think that the Vita is doing well?
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
#39kalibre16Posted 11/24/2012 4:32:02 AM
Believe me I love me some Nintendo (been a fan since the SNES) but AT this point I feel like Nintendo has sort of pushed themselves more towards the handheld side than the home console side (Hell even this iteration is pushing you to play on the tablet)

Now is this a bad thing, of course not Handhelds are awesome you can play anywhere and you can just pick up and play but at the same time its getting harder to take nintendo seriously as a home console manufacturer....

That said I wouldn't mind if nintendo started making systems that looked more like this controller....Imagine if you could play assassins creed 3 or arkham city on the go, compete wirelessly, and then when you got home if you wanted to play on the screen so bad just hook up the HDMi straight to the controller you'd have the tablet/handheld that would trump anything out there
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#40ChiptunePosted 11/24/2012 4:36:24 AM
No, Nintendo relies on its own hardware innovation in order to help keep the games they make immersive and entertaining.
---
http://i.imgur.com/T4cCv.gif