Anyone else waiting for a particular game before they get wii u?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else waiting for a particular game before they get wii u?
4 years ago#1
I did consider getting wii u at launch, but with the problems and such, its pushed me over the edge to wait. I was not in a huge hurry and hopefully all the launch games i want will be cheaper by then and the launch issues solved as well. Maybe ill cave for pikmin, but definetly once wii u smash bros comes out ill jump on it.
4 years ago#2
Not really a particular game, but I'm waiting to see what else will be announced. And for NSMBU to drop in price a little. I will never pay $60 for a game for any console.
Latest post: "Impermanence"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com/
4 years ago#3
Nintendo games don't drop in price.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
4 years ago#4
linkums posted...
Not really a particular game, but I'm waiting to see what else will be announced. And for NSMBU to drop in price a little. I will never pay $60 for a game for any console.

That. NSMBU is literally the only launch game I'm interested in, so it's just not worth getting a Wii U now. (And I'd have no problem paying $60 for NSMBU).

I was kind of interested in ZombiU, but after reading some reviews and especially seeing the game in action, it looks terrible.

So I'm gonna wait a long while. Sucks, because I was so sure I was getting one that I got rid of my Wii.
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: The Ghost Brigades, J. Scalzi
4 years ago#5
Yes, I have a whole list:

1) a Wii U-specific Zelda game (not a port of another Zelda title.)

2) a Wii U-specific Mario title

3) Dragon Quest X

4) Earthbound on the VC.

Any one of those four would convince me to purchase a Wii U.

BTW, on numbers 1 and 2, the "Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword for the WIi would run" is not a valid argument, as "Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 would both run" are not valid arguments IMO. "Wii U-specific" means a new game that runs specifically for the Wii U.

For example, Nintendo and Square could get together and create that Zelda RPG I've read so much about fans wanting.
AC Name:Jake AC Town Name:Robson
AC: CF number: 4084-2272-7937
4 years ago#6
I'm waiting to read the reviews for Zelda Wii U and Bayonetta 2.

The only game I'm interested in that's out right now is the new Mario.
4 years ago#7
Monster Hunter. It also give enough time for the kinks to be worked out of this system.
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
4 years ago#8
Jackal posted...
Monster Hunter. It also give enough time for the kinks to be worked out of this system.

I didn't want them to be scarce come march. Mario is great to tide me over. I just wish I had something other than borderlands 2 to hold me over. It's great but the drop rate is rubbish compared to the first game and it's burning me out.
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
4 years ago#9
I'll be buying a Wii U on the same day that Zelda Wii U is released.

...Or Smash Bros, depending on which is released first.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else waiting for a particular game before they get wii u?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived