Anyone else waiting for a particular game before they get wii u?

#1chaos_controlrPosted 11/23/2012 7:39:29 PM
I did consider getting wii u at launch, but with the problems and such, its pushed me over the edge to wait. I was not in a huge hurry and hopefully all the launch games i want will be cheaper by then and the launch issues solved as well. Maybe ill cave for pikmin, but definetly once wii u smash bros comes out ill jump on it.
#2linkumsPosted 11/23/2012 7:41:17 PM
Not really a particular game, but I'm waiting to see what else will be announced. And for NSMBU to drop in price a little. I will never pay $60 for a game for any console.
---
Latest post: "Impermanence"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com/
#3zalak321Posted 11/23/2012 7:42:29 PM
Nintendo games don't drop in price.
---
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
#4rockyoumonkeysPosted 11/23/2012 7:52:52 PM
linkums posted...
Not really a particular game, but I'm waiting to see what else will be announced. And for NSMBU to drop in price a little. I will never pay $60 for a game for any console.

That. NSMBU is literally the only launch game I'm interested in, so it's just not worth getting a Wii U now. (And I'd have no problem paying $60 for NSMBU).

I was kind of interested in ZombiU, but after reading some reviews and especially seeing the game in action, it looks terrible.

So I'm gonna wait a long while. Sucks, because I was so sure I was getting one that I got rid of my Wii.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: The Ghost Brigades, J. Scalzi
#5Jake JohnsonPosted 11/25/2012 6:38:05 AM
Yes, I have a whole list:

1) a Wii U-specific Zelda game (not a port of another Zelda title.)

2) a Wii U-specific Mario title

3) Dragon Quest X

4) Earthbound on the VC.

Any one of those four would convince me to purchase a Wii U.

BTW, on numbers 1 and 2, the "Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword for the WIi would run" is not a valid argument, as "Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 would both run" are not valid arguments IMO. "Wii U-specific" means a new game that runs specifically for the Wii U.

For example, Nintendo and Square could get together and create that Zelda RPG I've read so much about fans wanting.
---
AC Name:Jake AC Town Name:Robson
AC: CF number: 4084-2272-7937
#6CyricsServantPosted 11/25/2012 6:40:10 AM
I'm waiting to read the reviews for Zelda Wii U and Bayonetta 2.

The only game I'm interested in that's out right now is the new Mario.
#7JackalPosted 11/25/2012 6:48:41 AM
Monster Hunter. It also give enough time for the kinks to be worked out of this system.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#8teknic1200Posted 11/25/2012 7:09:44 AM
Jackal posted...
Monster Hunter. It also give enough time for the kinks to be worked out of this system.

I didn't want them to be scarce come march. Mario is great to tide me over. I just wish I had something other than borderlands 2 to hold me over. It's great but the drop rate is rubbish compared to the first game and it's burning me out.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#9LLL_DeadlyPosted 11/25/2012 7:12:03 AM
I'll be buying a Wii U on the same day that Zelda Wii U is released.

...Or Smash Bros, depending on which is released first.