New Super Mario Bros U vs Super Mario Bros. 3

#1Paulf001Posted 11/24/2012 1:43:32 AM
Just how good is New Super Mario Wii U compared to Super Mario Bros 3? Its really the only game I see worth buying for a Wii U at the moment still undecided on getting one now or when they are like $150 a couple years down the road.

I was only 8 years old when Super Mario Bros 3 came out on the NES but it was so fun of beat the game at least 300 times or more.

So does New Super Mario Wii U compare to SMB3?
#2ashcrvPosted 11/24/2012 1:44:55 AM
Any Mario beats SMB3.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#3Paulf001(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 1:48:02 AM
ashcrv posted...
Any Mario beats SMB3.

I am guessing you didn't play SMB3 when it was first released?
#4SocranPosted 11/24/2012 1:49:31 AM
A lot of people compare NSMBU to Super Mario World, but I've always felt Super Mario Bros. 3 was a better comparison. In that regard, it probably is better than 3. It's sort of between 3 and World in terms of quality IMO, with some of my favorite aspects of SMW being incompatible with levels that are designed to be doable with 4-player co-op.

Anywho, to answer your question, I think this game is better than SMB3 in most aspects, and is similar to it in many others. It has the Koopa Kids in their airships with their magic wands again, there's a giant world, and a cloud world, and that ****ing fish that eats you in one gulp, and items that are used on the map... Yeah.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5AXKSIONPosted 11/24/2012 1:49:48 AM
Super Mario Bros 3 is the very best main 2D Mario ever made.

New Super Mario Bros U is the very worst main 2D Mario ever made (to give it credit though, it can be argued that NSMB2 is the very worst 2D Mario game ever made).
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#6ashcrvPosted 11/24/2012 1:50:14 AM
Paulf001 posted...
ashcrv posted...
Any Mario beats SMB3.

I am guessing you didn't play SMB3 when it was first released?

Actually, it was my first game. your point?
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#7STN79Posted 11/24/2012 1:52:00 AM
Super Mario world to this day is probably still the best ever Mario game. At least of the 2-D ones. All of the NSMB games are really good though. We probably just aren't as fond of them simply because they aren't from when we grew up. If you were around when Nes and Snes came out there's no reason you shouldn't like them.
#8masa8munePosted 11/24/2012 1:52:35 AM
IMO new super mario bros U is the best 2d mario game, nostalgia aside.
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
#9overkillwfo1978Posted 11/24/2012 1:54:38 AM
AXKSION posted...
Super Mario Bros 3 is the very best main 2D Mario ever made.

New Super Mario Bros U is the very worst main 2D Mario ever made (to give it credit though, it can be argued that NSMB2 is the very worst 2D Mario game ever made).

Most horrible opinion ever. nsmbu is one of the greatest. Top 3 for sure.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#10BluntGruntPosted 11/24/2012 1:55:09 AM
Am I supposed to be blinded by my nostalgia and say SMB3 beats every 2D Mario game ever? Well, it was good, but Super Mario World, New SUper Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros U beat it.

So, to answer your question, NSMBU is better.
---
?????