this console is current-gen, deal with it.

#1Killeryoshi8Posted 11/24/2012 4:33:02 AM
Can barely run current-gen games for that matter, if at all (Metro Last Light).
---
Space Engine
Kerbal Space Program
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 11/24/2012 4:33:49 AM
you're right it is current-gen - the 8th gen.
#3sloth927Posted 11/24/2012 4:35:50 AM
well then if your definitions for generations is correct my gaming pc must ne like 10th gen cause no console will have the same specs as my pc for many years the rate they are going......
---
I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard...
#4LurkerLordPosted 11/24/2012 4:37:53 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...

If it was current wouldn't that make it the 7th gen?
#5cory1225Posted 11/24/2012 4:38:39 AM
Not if the 8th gen already started, it would make the xbox and ps3 last gen
---
gt= Pink BluRR currently playing : Wii-U, Blops 2
#6kjellboyPosted 11/24/2012 4:39:25 AM
Graphics means nothing if it is next-gen or no. Things can easily be next-gen even if it is slightly less powerful then its most powerful from previous generation of electronics. It all comes down to what new stuff it can provide to the user.

PS1: Less powerful than N64, got force feedback late, could play CD, had the option to use memory card, wasn't that groundbreaking with graphics in mind. The new stuff it did use right: CD | PS2: Mostly the same as PS1, but could also connect to the internet and play DVDs.

I also believe that N64 could play a few of its games online if I'm not mistaken. Never owned one so I don't no. :p
---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#7FFXIgaiaknightPosted 11/24/2012 4:40:40 AM
gen isnt defined by graphics yes we all love great graphics but its not what defines a generation especially seeing as how the WII is part of the same generation as ps3 and 360 yet it is graphically inferior.
---
Currently Playing: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#8FoppePosted 11/24/2012 4:41:52 AM
LurkerLord posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

If it was current wouldn't that make it the 7th gen?

Current gen started when the Wii U was released.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9cory1225Posted 11/24/2012 4:42:07 AM
I still don't understand why people are still arguing over power though, like who honestly cares, i'm going to own all next three consoles and a gaming pc.
---
gt= Pink BluRR currently playing : Wii-U, Blops 2
#10Godly_GoofPosted 11/24/2012 4:45:19 AM
kjellboy posted...
Graphics means nothing if it is next-gen or no. Things can easily be next-gen even if it is slightly less powerful then its most powerful from previous generation of electronics. It all comes down to what new stuff it can provide to the user.

PS1: Less powerful than N64, got force feedback late, could play CD, had the option to use memory card, wasn't that groundbreaking with graphics in mind. The new stuff it did use right: CD | PS2: Mostly the same as PS1, but could also connect to the internet and play DVDs.

I also believe that N64 could play a few of its games online if I'm not mistaken. Never owned one so I don't no. :p

Pretty much ya. And fun fact, the PS1 was originally supposed to be an N64 addon but Sony are a-holes lol.

And for all the hate Wii gets every other system saw fit to have to rip it off once it came out. Somehow it being bad when everyone steals it's core ideas just don't make sense.

I'm looking at you Kinect, the Microsoft Miis, Sixaxis, and Motion Controllers. Not to mention the online store for downloading classic previous gen games.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."