Why do you buy consoles?

#11HyadesVorquePosted 11/24/2012 6:35:48 AM
To use them as book ends and doors stops.
#12IngSlayerPosted 11/24/2012 6:37:14 AM(edited)
1) I don't have a suitable controller for PC games.

2) I doubt my PC can handle much stress and I can save space.

3) Most games I want to play are only on those consoles.

4) I'm not interested in going through the effort of installing anything, and in case some mad dogs suggest it with piss and vinegar, I'm also not interested in pirating/"home brewing"/whatever anything when there is an easier alternative (with exceptions).
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#13desert_santaPosted 11/24/2012 6:38:12 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Because:
1) to get a decent gaming PC it'd run me about $700+ give or take that I just don't want to have to spend. Not to mention if I have to upgrade it for something.

2) When I buy a game for a system it'll work 100% guaranteed, no BS my video card driver isn't compatible or my processor is a little to slow or some other BS.

3) Frankly consoles get about 100 times more games then PC does and all my favorite franchises and developers only do work for consoles

4) Because the only games I tend to actually want for PC all require Internet some or all the time and I just don't want to always have to be on it :/ I'm looking at you Diablo 3!

5) because consoles fail a lot less than my PCs do >.>, and I don't constantly have to reformat them for comparability if I need to buy something for them :/

some good points here

though i would disagree with number 3 and 5(but only from the 360 onward)
#14mashuPosted 11/24/2012 6:38:50 AM
Japanese developed games.
#15MasterZhulPosted 11/24/2012 7:09:14 AM
I buy consoles because I hate pc gaming. Something about putting a game in and it actually works that intrigues me, I dunno.
#16Shadowbird_RHPosted 11/24/2012 7:14:50 AM
It's all about the games. I favor Nintendo consoles not only for the the first party titles, but also (and often mostly) for third party exclusives. It's rarely a 1st party title that's my #1 favorite on a Nintendo console, with SSBM being the one exception. Most games on other consoles seem to take themselves too seriously, though there are of course exceptions, and often enough appealing games on at least one other consoles for it to be worth a second console purchase.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#17LordBowserPosted 11/24/2012 7:33:59 AM
Two reasons:

1. The First Party exclusives.
2. The features of the console. No, not the graphics, but how innovative, fun, and useful the design of the console is.

Wii U is on top of the market on both by lightyears. I have a gaming PC for all my other needs, what few there are.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#18MegagunstarmanPosted 11/24/2012 7:34:31 AM
Games.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#19kjellboyPosted 11/24/2012 7:53:15 AM
For exclusives only. Mostly a pc-gamer.
---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#20MathewMansonPosted 11/24/2012 8:00:06 AM
Because Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Halo, Killzone, AFL, NRL, and other stuff.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.