Why do you buy consoles?

#31JeroisourosinPosted 11/24/2012 9:27:16 AM
For games I will enjoy,if a system has at least 5 games I want,I'll get it
---
Official Nargacuga of the MH3/U board
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#32SorvPosted 11/24/2012 9:33:04 AM
For me, it's mostly because I tend to enjoy Japanese games and I do have dexterity issues and the reflexes of an 18-wheeler, so mouse&keyboard is a no-go for me.

Plus, I'm not a hands-on type nor a techie person, so PC gaming tends to be too demanding and too much trouble for me. I'd rather just buy my game and play it without minding if my machine is powerful enough or whatever.
---
---
My page on the best site ever for music freaks: http://rateyourmusic.com/~Razor45
#33TeenmanPosted 11/24/2012 9:37:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34TheWhoFanPosted 11/24/2012 9:37:46 AM
Because I want to play some exclusives, but really nothing else. I find that there's absolutely nothing that makes a console superior to my PC, if you ask me.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#35ArcFan10000Posted 11/24/2012 9:39:35 AM(edited)
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
simple answer cause i dont like gaming on a pc.

Same. I play facebook apps on my PC. Ive never been a huge fan of PC software.
Consoles will always be more powerful than PC's, PC's are a couple years behind...
---
Favs: Xenogears, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, Arc the Lad, Tales of Destiny 2, Suikoden, Final Fantasy
Playing:Tales of Vesperia on 360, Tales of Graces f
#36MegagunstarmanPosted 11/24/2012 9:38:09 AM
Teenman posted...
LoveSheep posted...
Console = Easy

No driver compatibility issues no new graphics card every time I buy a new game no new PC every year to get a CPU powerful enough.

Buying a 5,000$ computer every year is insane.

A 500 dollar console every decade is more affordable.

Bought a PC game once never got to play it because of driver Issues. Spent six months and 10,000 dollars it got released as a port for the PS1. Haven't been back to PC gaming since.

Yeah, spending $600 for high quality parts is terrible.... If you manage to spend $5,000 on a PC every year you have no idea what you are doing. My build cost me $650 and it runs most games at higher than 60 fps in 720p. Using my TV as a monitor and it only supports 720p and its 60Hz; meaning running at higher than 60fps isn't even necessary. My point being is that this PC is two - three years old and still runs game better than the consoles. I may throw in a new graphics card when the next generations of consoles come out but it will still cost me less than buying a new console. If you are spending more than 300 on a graphics card you are doing it wrong or just want to have bragging rights.

Bottom line, stop making **** up or if you actually spent that much some how; your an idiot.

He was trolling.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#37TiamatKillerPosted 11/24/2012 9:40:54 AM
LoveSheep posted...
Console = Easy

No driver compatibility issues no new graphics card every time I buy a new game no new PC every year to get a CPU powerful enough.

Buying a 5,000$ computer every year is insane.

A 500 dollar console every decade is more affordable.

Bought a PC game once never got to play it because of driver Issues. Spent six months and 10,000 dollars it got released as a port for the PS1. Haven't been back to PC gaming since.

I don't even know where to start with this.....well, here goes:

1) You were absolutely duped, or just plain stupid, if you paid anywhere near 5k for a PC.

2) 500 dollars is VERY conservative for a console....you're paying 60 dollars for every game you buy.

3) If you have to buy a new graphics card for each game, then quit buying the $20 one at Wal-Mart.

4) You can build a PC yourself for $900 and be able to get 5X the console performance at least for the next 5 years, and if you wait for Steam Sales you won't pay more than $30 for the AAA games, and $5 for A LOT OF OTHERS.

If you're going to exaggerate, at least do so in the realm of reason. This is just incorrect information all around.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#38TeenmanPosted 11/24/2012 9:43:04 AM
Megagunstarman posted...

He was trolling.

Maybe, but doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid post.
So stupid, that he may actually believe what he posted.
---
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do...." (Stephen F. Roberts)
#39TiamatKillerPosted 11/24/2012 9:45:02 AM
ArcFan10000 posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
simple answer cause i dont like gaming on a pc.

Same. I play facebook apps on my PC. Ive never been a huge fan of PC software.
Consoles will always be more powerful than PC's, PC's are a couple years behind...

wut

I can't even tell if this is trolling because I've seen people make this asinine comment before, sadly.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#40melbye80Posted 11/24/2012 9:47:55 AM
Because of Nintendo-franchises and no hardware-upgrades