Why do you buy consoles?

#51ConcordeBFVPosted 11/24/2012 10:44:39 AM
I buy them for exclusives (particularly true for my Wii U). I have a custom built PC and my normal preference is to purchase games digitally for it. My PC is hooked into the same TV as my consoles and I have a wireless 360 controller adapter for PC so if I don't want to play using keyboard+mouse (racing games and Skyrim usually) I just switch over to my TV and grab a controller.
---
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today."-FDR
#52grungastzenkiPosted 11/24/2012 10:45:53 AM
Because the games is better than PC
#53sonic_rockzPosted 11/24/2012 11:17:33 AM
This topic shows just how stupid people are when it comes to their knowledge of PC gaming. In other words: poor people.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#54dominatinggamerPosted 11/24/2012 11:50:34 AM
Because gaming is probably the only hobby I keep up with sadly.

I bought the xbox 360 on release day (stood in line for 11 hrs) and then gave it to my brother for xmas. It wasn't until about a year or two later that I decided to get one for myself more out of curiosity than anything. I never had much of a library for it - only sports games and a few COD titles. Then I started playing computer games more often and let the 360 gather dust. I never bought a PS3, it was "inherited" when I moved in with my GF. I never play(ed) it though, its just for movies.

Sooooo the point of all that is, the WiiU is the first console that I'm buying for me and was excited about purchasing. It has features beyond gaming that intrigue me plus I *think* I can get my GF to play sometimes if the game is approachable enough. I wish I had more nearby gamer friends that I could take advantage of the local multiplayer though.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#55Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2012 11:52:37 AM
I prefer PC Gaming, I take it you guys never caught a Steam Sale.

That game you're paying $60 for, I'm buying it for $15
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#56Godly_GoofPosted 11/24/2012 11:56:08 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

But all the games I buy aren't on steam O_O. So how can I get them on their for $15? That does not make sense!

That and I don't like steam if only because not owning a physical copy of a game drives me apes***... PC or otherwise
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#57AlluvionPosted 11/24/2012 12:08:36 PM
Signature game titles/franchises exclusive to the console(s), not having to upgrade hardware to play games at their optimal level.
#58dominatinggamerPosted 11/24/2012 12:17:28 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

I love steam and their holiday sales but I also love being able to resell my games when I buy it, play it for 20min, and decide I hate it. Usually if I buy something on Steam though its for PC only anyways.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#59Great_Pudding_3Posted 11/24/2012 12:19:22 PM
I don't get why people say PC gaming is uncomfortable.

Like PCs with HDMI for TV connection and USB for controllers (official xbox controllers especially) don't exist.
---
Stu, what are you doing?
#60Bleach313Posted 11/24/2012 12:31:26 PM
Like everyone else already stated it's for the exclusives. Usually I don't get a new console thought until I see that one game that pushes me to get it.

PS2 - Kingdom Hearts
Wii - Mario Party 8 (I'm a Mario Party nerd yes)
PS3 - JRPG's / Infamous
X360 - Blue Dragon
Vita - Persona 4 The Golden

So yeah I usually don't buckle down to get a syatem until that certain game arrives to persuade me. Also PC gaming requires a ton of dough, but not for the games, for a suitable system to play them on.