Why do you buy consoles?

#61Godly_GoofPosted 11/24/2012 12:33:17 PM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
I don't get why people say PC gaming is uncomfortable.

Like PCs with HDMI for TV connection and USB for controllers (official xbox controllers especially) don't exist.

Well they are most likely just uninformed console gamers. Personally I really dont like PC gaming but I do acknowledge that it can be comfy. I just dont like it :/

Consoles are just my alma matter haha
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#62Lelouch71Posted 11/24/2012 12:39:17 PM
To play video games
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#63wh0_kn0wsPosted 11/24/2012 12:54:46 PM
you do have to put some work in to make your pc a wireless console type machine. it can be a pain in the ass.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#64badboyPosted 11/24/2012 1:16:05 PM
New good exclusive games (not ports/remakes) decide when I should buy a new console.
#65paralyzed21Posted 11/24/2012 1:18:38 PM
i buy them to play games~~~
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#66dannyaqPosted 11/24/2012 1:21:13 PM
to play video games
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#67jcosta223Posted 11/24/2012 1:23:24 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
Because:
1) to get a decent gaming PC it'd run me about $700+ give or take that I just don't want to have to spend. Not to mention if I have to upgrade it for something.

2) When I buy a game for a system it'll work 100% guaranteed, no BS my video card driver isn't compatible or my processor is a little to slow or some other BS.

3) Frankly consoles get about 100 times more games then PC does and all my favorite franchises and developers only do work for consoles

4) Because the only games I tend to actually want for PC all require Internet some or all the time and I just don't want to always have to be on it :/ I'm looking at you Diablo 3!

5) because consoles fail a lot less than my PCs do >.>, and I don't constantly have to reformat them for comparability if I need to buy something for them :/

lol typical console noob that doesnt know any better
#68UnbralPosted 11/24/2012 1:26:47 PM
Buy a $700 PC in 2006: can't play Borderlands 2 nor Skyrim
Buy a $700 PS3 in 2006: play Borderlands 2, Skyrim and a lot of new games until 2014

And exclusives. And the fact that putting a disk inside a console instead of downloading video drivers and solving compatibility issues is more pratical. And the fact that consoles are made for gaming so you won't have any distractions. And an unified online community, instead of countless forums of games people never heard about. And local multiplayer. And no, illegal emulating is not an excuse for the lack of JRPGs.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#69jcosta223Posted 11/24/2012 1:32:31 PM
Unbral posted...
Buy a $700 PC in 2006: can't play Borderlands 2 nor Skyrim
Buy a $700 PS3 in 2006: play Borderlands 2, Skyrim and a lot of new games until 2014

And exclusives. And the fact that putting a disk inside a console instead of downloading video drivers and solving compatibility issues is more pratical. And the fact that consoles are made for gaming so you won't have any distractions. And an unified online community, instead of countless forums of games people never heard about. And local multiplayer. And no, illegal emulating is not an excuse for the lack of JRPGs.

false, pc gamers do not run into video driver and compatibility issues unless they havent turned on their pc in years. very much like your xbox updates along with the game software.

false, a 400-700 PC can easily run skyrim/bl2 and then some. you just don't know any better.

there is countless forums because the amount of portals. with consoles you are forced into a portal for your community. with pc you can choose your group. i guess you are saying you like people choosing whats best for you?
#70glyde69Posted 11/24/2012 1:37:05 PM
The games.

I'm very open minded when it comes to my favorite hobby( gaming), but I just never got into PC gaming. I have tried, but just isn't my thing. I can be dramatic and yap about $ keeping a PC modern or being comfortable in front of my TV, or not liking a keyboard and mouse, but even as a non PC guy I understand it really isn't that expensive and I can connect to my TV and I can use my Xbox controller. I just never got into PC gaming though.

Also, there just aren't that many games on PC that I can't find on a console. Maybe once or twice a year, I'll see a game and think "man I wish that was on PS3."
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785