Why do you buy consoles?

#71UnbralPosted 11/24/2012 12:46:18 PM
jcosta223 posted...
Unbral posted...
Buy a $700 PC in 2006: can't play Borderlands 2 nor Skyrim
Buy a $700 PS3 in 2006: play Borderlands 2, Skyrim and a lot of new games until 2014

And exclusives. And the fact that putting a disk inside a console instead of downloading video drivers and solving compatibility issues is more pratical. And the fact that consoles are made for gaming so you won't have any distractions. And an unified online community, instead of countless forums of games people never heard about. And local multiplayer. And no, illegal emulating is not an excuse for the lack of JRPGs.

false, pc gamers do not run into video driver and compatibility issues unless they havent turned on their pc in years. very much like your xbox updates along with the game software.

false, a 400-700 PC can easily run skyrim/bl2 and then some. you just don't know any better.

there is countless forums because the amount of portals. with consoles you are forced into a portal for your community. with pc you can choose your group. i guess you are saying you like people choosing whats best for you?

Say for yourself. I bought a pretty solid PC last year and as of today, it can't run Dark Souls. Maybe you got a good one, but there's another bad point at PC gaming: they are always different. Even if two people buy different PCs for the same price but the same specs, one will be able to run something the other won't.
And when I want to play a game, I really don't care about community, but if I do, it is better to just let it be there, confortable, instead of searching all over the internet for something. I picked the game, and I paid for it, so there's no reason to have work looking for its community instead of having fun.

And as I said, my PC can't run Skyrim now. It is a fact, and you can't just null it by saying "you just don't know any better". I know my own PC. Stop trying to guess.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#72krillensPosted 11/24/2012 12:49:32 PM
gamers should just learn to build PCs... it is super easy.

and once you are done, you will never have to build another, you can just upgrade it as you see fit over time...

this year, i did cpu and mobo

last year was ram, PSU, and GPU

before that, was case, hard drive
#73omanojyakuPosted 11/24/2012 1:49:55 PM
I think someone might need to google "pretty solid"

What are the specs on "solid"?

These are the req for the game.

System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 GHz+ or AMD Phenom II X2 545 3.0 GHz+
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 8GB
Video Card: GeForce 9800 GTX+ or ATI Radeon HD 4870+
DirectX®: 9.0c
Sound: Direct Sound Compatible
Additional: Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE, Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.

Even taking into consideration those are the specs to run it AT ALL, not make it look nice
those specs are 4 years old or more. Hell the OS req is, what, 10 years old?

TD;DR = you fail. Stop posting.
---
XBL:Amanojyaku BatttleTag:ViolateThis#(1752)
Ragequitters should be permabanned. Trolls so pathetic and stupid I had to break comm with: 1
#74LoveSheepPosted 11/24/2012 2:31:35 PM
If you read my entire post you would realize I have not gamed on a PC in over a decade. Last time I used a PC for a game there was not a Walmart even in Michigan.

So I had to order parts over the phone. I am talking Pre Google. Much more niche so gouging was more normal.

Yes now it is easier to game on a PC, but You can still get the occasional unsolvable problem.
---
I rather buy games for consoles then buy consoles for games.
If a game needs DLC to be worth playing it is not worth playing at all
#75DamorahTalsetPosted 11/24/2012 8:35:18 PM
http://imgur.com/Ytl7W
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#76sloth927(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:42:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#77sloth927(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:59:02 PM(edited)
hmmm seems a lot of people don't realize how easy it is to make a comfortable gaming pc and have access to any controller you want. that being said i really am loving my wii u console its kept me very entertained so far.
---
Wii u name: Fire Chomp
#78overkillwfo1978Posted 11/27/2012 12:56:53 AM(edited)
I will soon join the PC "living room gaming" master race. I already have a decent gaming PC but it's in my bedroom hooked up to a monitor. I can't play like that. I have to be in the living room on the couch in front of my big screen hdtv. So now my gaming set up will look like this.

Wii U
PC (i5 3570k/GTX680)
Hooked up to living room TV

PC (FX6100/EVGA-GTX560 2GB SC)
Hooked up to bedroom monitor.

Will probably replace the 360 with the nextbox when it comes out if MS shows some impressive games....

It's good to have many options. I was always a console only gamer for years, until I bought Bioshock a year or so ago and was able to run it on "max". The difference in detail and fps was awesome. Videos just don't do PC games justice. The graphical difference between HD or sub-HD upscaled to 1080p and actual native 1080p/60fps is very, very noticeable.

I would look into 1440p or 1600p but the monitors are too small as of now.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#79LoveSheepPosted 11/27/2012 12:28:16 PM
I am having trouble getting the HDMI output to display correct on my TV. Also some games do not support controllers hate mouse keyboard control.
---
I rather buy games for consoles then buy consoles for games.
If a game needs DLC to be worth playing it is not worth playing at all