Due to high demand, Wii U systems are not available in stores.

#21JoeSkeletorPosted 11/24/2012 8:24:58 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Btw its easily available at a ton of stores both brick and mortar, and online, all over the country.

But thanks for the viral propaganda topic TC

Only because most stores have received 2-3 shipments since launch.

Dunno bout all that, its only been out 7 days. I remember on day 2 and 3 people saying they had no problems either getting one online or walking into a store and getting one with no pre order.

Just sayin.

Also, where the hell are the launch sales numbers? Its been out a week now!

I love how nintendo withholds and hides this kinda info to push their own agenda of artificial hype. I feel like i'm in north korea dealing with this company, christ

i love how u blame nintendo for not releasing numbers when its the same process as each maker does its always been news sites so blame fox, nbc, abc ,and our mama for the news u tool they control what u want need and do if u cant see it u are hopeless.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#22Godly_GoofPosted 11/24/2012 8:25:10 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Btw its easily available at a ton of stores both brick and mortar, and online, all over the country.

But thanks for the viral propaganda topic TC

Only because most stores have received 2-3 shipments since launch.

Dunno bout all that, its only been out 7 days. I remember on day 2 and 3 people saying they had no problems either getting one online or walking into a store and getting one with no pre order.

Just sayin.

Also, where the hell are the launch sales numbers? Its been out a week now!

I love how nintendo withholds and hides this kinda info to push their own agenda of artificial hype. I feel like i'm in north korea dealing with this company, christ

Because they are more concerned about getting more Wii Us and taking care of games and any other issues they may be having since launch to worry about posting stats online that don't even matter?

Fail troll is failing.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#23MegagunstarmanPosted 11/24/2012 8:25:49 AM
In one of the articles about Nintendo allegedly selling the Wii U at a loss, it quoted Nintendo as controlling the supply chain and not shipping a whole lot of the console out 'to control the amount of losses'

Which to me translates "We here at Nintendo want to not only create artificial scarcity to inflate demand, but we also want to create ANOTHER illusion, that this thing is being sold BELOW cost, to make people think it really costs a ton to make and is so advanced. So we wrapped all these factors into one big lie to kill two birds with one stone!! Remember that time we said there would NOT be a new DS model coming and then we released a new model 2 weeks later? Yeah, we lie whenever we feel like it to suit our agenda."

http://ctboom.com/wp-content/uploads/tinfoil-hat.jpg
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#24GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/24/2012 8:30:01 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
And because of Nintendo quality control

You think nintendo still cares about quality, thats just adorable =)

I think you missed the memo where "Official Nintendo Seal of Quality" changed to "Nintendo", and Nintendium stopped being used as of the Wii in the console space, and DS light in the portable space, and the gates left unlocked to allow shovelware to flood all platforms.

I also think you missed the memo where the gamepad removes mainstay modern features of game control like analog buttons and triggers, has weak battery life, and is made with such cheap quality the buttons rattle like a dollar store toy, and both the gamepad and Wii U pad pro feel cheap in the hands and both have poor rumble.

The Wii U wasn't made with quality in mind, it was made with cutting every corner on the planet in mind, to make shareholders happy with profit margins. To the degree where nintendo thought 3rd parties would gladly jump on board and of their own free will waste an unnecessary amount of time and money to redo their games engines from the ground up just for ONE platform, the Wii U, to accommodate the systems insane bottlenecks in RAM and CPU speed and architecture, when their engines require very little change between ps3, 360 and PC.

I honestly feel sorry for the nintendo fans that are so naive, even after the dust collecting paperweight of software droughts that was the Wii, that they think the Wii U wont be a repeat of the Wii in terms of not getting all the 3rd party games the other 3 platforms are getting. Its gonna be a sobering few years for fanboys thats all I can say. I wonder how many times Nintendo can scam and gimmick people into buying the weakest platform available on the market just for a few nintendo games spread over 6 years, before they finally wise up. Damn shame.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#25TooTooP2Posted 11/24/2012 8:36:27 AM
Low supply? Are you serious? I work at best buy and we received 50 of each on Wednesday. We sold out of the deluxe in a few hours and the basic one by the end of the day.
---
3DS FC: 0817-4244-7439
PSN: happydudey
#26Semi45aPosted 11/24/2012 8:39:36 AM
I work at besbuy and our store has a low supply. so to each store its own.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#27Godly_GoofPosted 11/24/2012 8:39:57 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

I think you missed the memo where "Official Nintendo Seal of Quality" changed to "Nintendo", and Nintendium stopped being used as of the Wii in the console space, and DS light in the portable space, and the gates left unlocked to allow shovelware to flood all platforms.

I also think you missed the memo where the gamepad removes mainstay modern features of game control like analog buttons and triggers, has weak battery life, and is made with such cheap quality the buttons rattle like a dollar store toy, and both the gamepad and Wii U pad pro feel cheap in the hands and both have poor rumble.

The Wii U wasn't made with quality in mind, it was made with cutting every corner on the planet in mind, to make shareholders happy with profit margins. To the degree where nintendo thought 3rd parties would gladly jump on board and of their own free will waste an unnecessary amount of time and money to redo their games engines from the ground up just for ONE platform, the Wii U, to accommodate the systems insane bottlenecks in RAM and CPU speed and architecture, when their engines require very little change between ps3, 360 and PC.

I honestly feel sorry for the nintendo fans that are so naive, even after the dust collecting paperweight of software droughts that was the Wii, that they think the Wii U wont be a repeat of the Wii in terms of not getting all the 3rd party games the other 3 platforms are getting. Its gonna be a sobering few years for fanboys thats all I can say. I wonder how many times Nintendo can scam and gimmick people into buying the weakest platform available on the market just for a few nintendo games spread over 6 years, before they finally wise up. Damn shame.

Ummm you know that quality control only applies to the SYSTEM TESTING aspect not everything right? And how do you spot a fail fanboy? When they call a Wii a paperweight. Only paper weights I have are my 3 dead 360s because they made them like s***. My gen 1 Wii on the other hand still running fine and still getting stuff for it no less lol. Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Monster Hinter Tri., my archive of classic games, and still going back and playing old stuff like Smash Bros, Muramasa, No More Heroes, Boom Bloxx, etc.

Vs 360 exclusives like...... Halo 4? Only one I can think of. And then PS4s .... JRPGs list and the odd thing here or there I suppose.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#28diggerdude23Posted 11/24/2012 8:46:26 AM
Well when I went to the Best Buy around me at 5 yesterday on Black Friday, there were a ton of Wii U's left. There was both deluxe and basic edition. I think the reason it didn't sell much there was because they just put in a corner with hardly no advertisements and no demos.
#29HeaderHogPosted 11/24/2012 9:07:46 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

I think you missed the memo where "Official Nintendo Seal of Quality" changed to "Nintendo",
Just a stupid cosmetic change...
and Nintendium stopped being used as of the Wii in the console space
What the hell is Nintendium? Some sort of chemical?
, and DS light in the portable space,
Hey, those things were better than the regular DS. Sturdier and thinner.
and the gates left unlocked to allow shovelware to flood all platforms.
Shovelware to flood all platforms... Including Nintendo's opposition.
I also think you missed the memo where the gamepad removes mainstay modern features of game control like analog buttons (
Okay, so the GamePad might not have those.
and triggers, has weak battery life,
Triggers it does have. Also, what do you expect from a controller with a friggin' touchscreen on it? There is a certain item called a charging cable that you may be interested in.
and is made with such cheap quality the buttons rattle like a dollar store toy,
Yes, rattling is an issue. They haven't found out if it's the buttons or the rumble pack inside.
and both the gamepad and Wii U pad pro feel cheap in the hands and both have poor rumble.
Feel is subjective, your personal opinion may differ from another person's. The PS3 controller actually feels worse than the Pro. XBOX controller feels pretty nice, though.
The Wii U wasn't made with quality in mind, it was made with cutting every corner on the planet in mind, to make shareholders happy with profit margins.
God, I can't wait for you to go into buisness. They cut corners and excess until the thing is only functional and sturdy. They WANT it to be cheap to make.
Nintendo didn't have to put a camera in. They didn't have to put a mic in. Hell, they could have taken the touchscreen away. But what would make that different from the PS3 and XBOX?

To the degree where nintendo thought 3rd parties would gladly jump on board and of their own free will waste an unnecessary amount of time and money to redo their games engines from the ground up just for ONE platform, the Wii U, to accommodate the systems insane bottlenecks in RAM and CPU speed and architecture, when their engines require very little change between ps3, 360 and PC.
Well, the companies did. And they're doing damn well.
I honestly feel sorry for the nintendo fans that are so naive, even after the dust collecting paperweight of software droughts that was the Wii,
Hey, the Wii had a crapload of first party games. And even a few third parties, too. Sony and Microsoft don't have any first party because they don't make games.
that they think the Wii U wont be a repeat of the Wii in terms of not getting all the 3rd party games the other 3 platforms are getting.
Well, we have Activision, Ubisoft, Sega, BioWare, and many more to come. They didn't build their games from the ground up at all, actually. They just changed a few things for the port and a few optimizations.

Its gonna be a sobering few years for fanboys thats all I can say. I wonder how many times Nintendo can scam and gimmick people into buying the weakest platform available on the market just for a few nintendo games spread over 6 years, before they finally wise up.

Weakest platform on the market? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Right now, the Wii U is on par with the Xbox and PS3 in terms of power and graphical capability. Also, we're damn happy right now. The Wii U and it's games are selling like hotcakes.

---
The first Smash 64 was about a kid using his imagination. In Brawl, that kid is God.
#30rockyminPosted 11/24/2012 9:17:53 AM
HeaderHog posted...

The Wii U and it's games are selling like hotcakes.

Neither are selling like hotcakes. I just came from TRU and they had 6 Basic sets sitting there being ignored. All the games were plentifully in stock too. NSMBU, ZombiU and all the other titles.

A lot of people were buying original Wii stuff though, A lot of Skylanders, Mario Galaxy and other regular Wii games.

Plus, you're probably going to see a lot more available when the resellers start returning their stock. I think the Wii U will be a steady seller but it won't be the runaway success the Wii was.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile