Which review sites do you take seriously?

#21Godly_GoofPosted 11/24/2012 11:38:18 AM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
Youtube footage.

I'll either go "Oh, that looks fun".

Or not.

I had done a lot of this until PSASBR, the game looked really good but once I played it I realized I really didnt like it at all >.<

Not a bad game just not for me.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#22cavebear56Posted 11/24/2012 11:40:16 AM
None of them as they lack consistency, full of bias and have no objective format on how they review.

I may take individual reviews seriously, but that's actually by reading them.

Not by looking at irrelevant numbers used for nothing but fanboy and troll wars.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#23mjc0961Posted 11/24/2012 11:42:24 AM
28the_King28 posted...
And which ones have lost credibility (or have none) in your opinion? Does the Wii U Board still hold IGN in high regards?

I never held IGN in high regard and I never will.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#24blankempathyPosted 11/24/2012 11:44:13 AM
Depends on the reviewer. There are some reviewers that will complete blast niche titles without any real good reason except that its too different for them to enjoy.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#25BufkusPosted 11/24/2012 11:44:18 AM
None of them.
#26lgiPosted 11/24/2012 11:45:35 AM
Gametrialers.com.
#27lgiPosted 11/24/2012 11:50:22 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
I give "professional" review sites 0 credibility. I generally check Gfaqs for gamer reviews after about 2 weeks have passed and see the overall verdict based on that.

Most sites are occasionally painfully biased and I just don't trust them anymore

I think the difference between a review site and a gamer review is that the gamer doesn't have any obligation to actually finish the game and explore every feature on it. You will see high reviews for games that haven't been out for a week. And alot of gamer reviews are rather short.

This are some examples of gamer reviews for Zombie U on metacritic:
" 9/10 How in the world this game got a few bad reveiws I will never know!!! The game is fantastic its not like every other zombie game on the market thank goodness!!!!! It stands alone, a truly fun and unique gaming experience!!! Dont let a few false reveiws ruin a truly extraordinary gaining experience for YOU!!!!!!! think for yourself don't let others decide for you!!! if you want a great game its here waiiting 4 you!!!!!!"

"3/10 Overhyped. Underdone. This is a familiar game to many of you. Whack-a-mole! Remember at the arcade -- you hit randomly appearing moles with a bat. This is the same, only with zombies. There is no story to speak of. The graphics and sound design are a let down. And the gameplay is tedious. The horror is calling this a launch title."

"10/10 oh my god this is my first wii u game and its so good the graphics looks great and the sound effects so impressive i recommended this game for any wii u owner"

Gametrailer reviews is my favorite place to go. I trust their video reviews a lot more than most gamer reviews.
#28kreegan64Posted 11/24/2012 12:42:15 PM
I found Gameinformer to be less reliable. They way too often seemed to try and single out the wii with just about everything and critized nearly every game that was rated E (only ones they didn't seemed to the popular ones like mario) and in one review the person practically admitted that they gave a game a lower score due to it being E-rated and said that they shouldn't be open minded. Not sure about them now, as I lost interest in the ordeal, but still I tetswagos.
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#29mazinkenPosted 11/24/2012 12:53:24 PM
I used to like both ign and gamespot but for some reason I dropped them for gametrailers.
#30overkillwfo1978Posted 11/24/2012 12:55:36 PM
Poopcorn13 posted...
I like Gametrailers reviews the most. They usually acknowledge everything good and everything bad about a game. Which is good, since it allows me to identify which issues might bother me to a greater extent or what features might be underwhelming to me as well.

I also like Joystiq's, IGN's, Kotaku's, and a few other lesser known.

This.

For video reviews, the intricate detail of every facet of the game is what Gametrailers has in spades. I usually visit a few sites before purchase, but the first one I always go to is Gametrailers.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U