Should Nintendo buy Sony

#51kissdadookiePosted 11/24/2012 8:41:52 PM
Dynheart posted...
robat223 posted...
Nintendo's total market capitalization is only 17.9 billion. Every other company on there is well over that. The other companies would buy Nintendo long before Nintendo bought them.

Hope it was a joke topic. But you never know with Gfaqs.

There's a problem with this logic.

Sony and Microsoft may have more assets..., but they have more to invest in as well.

Nintendo? Just games. So that 17.9 billion is just on their gaming division alone...as that's all they have to invest in. No TV's. No Tablets. No PC's, or OS's...extra electronics. Everything that 17.9 billion is invested in the Nintendo brand and it's gaming division.

Now if they had a TV, or a massive electronic/software division outside their gaming division? Then that "omg only 17.9 billion." would have a point.

That 17.9 billion doesn't sound so bad now, does it?

Sony is in a deficit but MS and Apple have far more cash on hand than Nintendo does, they have much more cash on hand than what Nintendo is worth really.
#52StraightedgeSESPosted 11/24/2012 8:44:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2012 8:44:26 PM
squatch22 posted...
Apple has a market cap of $626 billion.

If we were to go by Xtreme logic, its only worth $176 billion, because that's its assets.

Almost half of that 626, I worked for Apple. I've had access to SAP which is their database they use, which in turns shows the amount each part costs the company for a particular product. the profit they make for each sale would make you vomit. That's why I LOL at people who buy Apple products for the price.

and their R&D isn't that expensive either, nor is their manufacturing.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#54StraightedgeSESPosted 11/24/2012 8:45:43 PM
None. but i think Nintendo should act like Sony when it comes to IP's
#55TheFlamingCPosted 11/24/2012 8:45:44 PM
Unlikely that they could ever buy one of them outright but, there is always the possibility they could buy some of their dev teams off them. I doubt either party would go for it, though.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#56kissdadookiePosted 11/24/2012 8:50:16 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
squatch22 posted...
Apple has a market cap of $626 billion.

If we were to go by Xtreme logic, its only worth $176 billion, because that's its assets.

Almost half of that 626, I worked for Apple. I've had access to SAP which is their database they use, which in turns shows the amount each part costs the company for a particular product. the profit they make for each sale would make you vomit. That's why I LOL at people who buy Apple products for the price.

and their R&D isn't that expensive either, nor is their manufacturing.

Their R&D is very high. You saying the opposite shows that you are lying. Now R&D spending in relation to their revenue is very low, but remember, one needs only spend what one needs to spend rather that going by ratio to size of revenue (that would end up being burning money for the sake of burning money).

Their cash on hand is around $120 billion. That is basically what they are worth in liquid-able assets. Market caps are actually nonsensical and used mostly to guesstimate stock value which in turn is really just a self fulfilling prophesy.
#57Pawkie07Posted 11/24/2012 8:54:26 PM
this poll too funny. fanboy thinks nintendo is doing good. thanks for the loud laugh.
#58Ryan SiPosted 11/24/2012 9:05:59 PM
This board is filled with 12 year-olds clearly. Nintendo can't afford to buy any of those companies, including Sony....who believe it or not...does more than make games and game consoles.

Just a bunch of sad fanboy nonsense..
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si
#59emagdnEPosted 11/24/2012 9:09:58 PM
IF Nintendo bought Sony, they'd inherit all of their debt, which would hurt them.

exactly

so Nintendo should buy Sony, then they can both go down together!
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#60RetroFanGirlPosted 11/24/2012 9:12:02 PM
They should just buy LittleBigPlanet off them lol
---
I'm playing:
Shinobi(PS2) ~ Xenoblade ~ Kirby's Air Ride