Should Nintendo buy Sony

#71dragon_suplex_xPosted 11/24/2012 10:53:20 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Joke topic. Multi-billion dollar companies don't just buy multi-billion dollar companies.

Also keep in mind that Apple, Microsoft and Sony are multimedia corporations and are worth far more than Nintendo in total net worth.

So no, Nintendo should and could not buy any of them.

Disney didn't just buy the rights to Star Wars and other parts of Lucas Films?
---
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
Nintendo Network ID: Vertigoink
#72chestershadowPosted 11/24/2012 11:04:10 PM(edited)
Considering Playstation originally started as an addon for Nintendo, the irony of them buying the Playstation Brand would be pretty hilarious, if not bittersweet to a degree. Would certainly mark a big moment if it happened, but I doubt Sony is throwing the towel in just yet.
#73JCChronoPosted 11/24/2012 11:28:15 PM
Nintendo is tiny compared to all the other companies. There's no way they could ever afford to buy them. Stupid topic.
---
Official Vivi.
Paul Gale confirmed what I just wrote already.
#74AkaneJonesPosted 11/24/2012 11:32:11 PM
Choice 1: Nintendo should buy Sony;
Yes, Provided they didn't inherit their debt, or their terrible management.

Choice 2: Nintendo should buy Microsoft;
No, and I don't think they have the money too. But they should get those damn Rare IPs off of MS.

Choice 3: Nintendo should buy Apple;
Not really useful, they don't have the money, as Apple has yet to crash in sale from the iPhone/iPad bubble, and even if they did they'd gain nothing of use.
#75Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2012 11:39:09 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
squatch22 posted...
Apple has a market cap of $626 billion.

If we were to go by Xtreme logic, its only worth $176 billion, because that's its assets.

Almost half of that 626, I worked for Apple. I've had access to SAP which is their database they use, which in turns shows the amount each part costs the company for a particular product. the profit they make for each sale would make you vomit. That's why I LOL at people who buy Apple products for the price.

and their R&D isn't that expensive either, nor is their manufacturing.

Their R&D is very high. You saying the opposite shows that you are lying. Now R&D spending in relation to their revenue is very low, but remember, one needs only spend what one needs to spend rather that going by ratio to size of revenue (that would end up being burning money for the sake of burning money).

Their cash on hand is around $120 billion. That is basically what they are worth in liquid-able assets. Market caps are actually nonsensical and used mostly to guesstimate stock value which in turn is really just a self fulfilling prophesy.

Maybe it is now but it wasn't when I was with the company, I left right around the time the iPhone was introduced about a month before, here is something interesting to do. Buy an old out of warranty system off Ebay. Call in for repair, pay for OOW repair and get then static shock the damn thing. It's covered under warranty after that for 365, do it twice and they'll replace it with the most current model of that type on the market because they don't carry old stock, except for iPods, etc.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#76PHEEliNUXPosted 11/25/2012 12:02:05 AM
Nope

It would suck to lose Sony

Even that i like Nintendo
#77PendragoonPosted 11/25/2012 12:29:26 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I found what Sony Computer Entertainment is worth.

Sony Computer Entertainment - negative 95 billion (Capital Adequacy Ratio - 11.58%)
Nintendo CO., LTD - 1,191,025 (Capital Adequacy Ratio - 87%)

*Capital Adequacy Ratio is their Credit Rating

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06/27/sony-financial-report-shows-95-billion-yen-deficit/
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/2012_04.html

That pretty much ended the financial discussion.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#78Kromlech06Posted 11/25/2012 12:36:48 AM
I could see Nintendo buying Sony Computer Entertainment, but they would never touch any part of other things Sony does (laptops, monitors, TVs, all other kinds of multimedia).

Wasn't the PS1 supposed to be the N64 until sony split off?
#79MyDogSkipPosted 11/25/2012 12:42:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#80PendragoonPosted 11/25/2012 12:43:36 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
I could see Nintendo buying Sony Computer Entertainment, but they would never touch any part of other things Sony does (laptops, monitors, TVs, all other kinds of multimedia).

Wasn't the PS1 supposed to be the N64 until sony split off?

That is a very long story with much back stabbing involved. Sony tried to screw over Nintendo in the deal (Sony would own any game released on the CD system, this was secretly added to the deal, and Nintendo almost missed it) Nintendo stabbed first by making a deal with Philips (and when that fell apart the CDi Zelda games were born)

Sony feeling betrayed decided to plan to enter the next gen as a full fledged console and get back at Nintendo. They also got all the CD drive makers in Japan to black list Nintendo, which pretty much forced Nintendo to go with carts.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709