How many people here got their WiiU bricked by the huge update?

#11orcus_snake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 3:52:21 PM
What the hell, why cant I get that!

arghhh, then again I already bought the game once, nto worth it anymoarr.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#12Shadowbird_RHPosted 11/25/2012 3:53:34 PM
I got mine today, updated with no problem save for 3 download time-outs before downloading successfully.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#13ViolentAbacusPosted 11/25/2012 3:55:48 PM
I feel dumb, but I must ask anyway... When a console is bricked what's it mean? Whenever I think of it, I picture some random guy running in your house and destroying your Wii U with a brick, then quickly exiting.
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.
#14blankempathyPosted 11/25/2012 3:56:06 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
How many people here want to admit they thought it would be a good idea to interrupt their FIRMWARE update before it was completely finished for any reason? Hello?

To be fair not a lot of people understand what a firmware update is. Honestly Nintendo should of known how dumb people are and how many people would of tried to stop the update because they don't have any patience and want to play right away. I don't completely blame them either but there should of been more warnings on Nintendos part. It still seems like a rare occurance though.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#15orcus_snake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 4:07:26 PM
ViolentAbacus posted...
I feel dumb, but I must ask anyway... When a console is bricked what's it mean? Whenever I think of it, I picture some random guy running in your house and destroying your Wii U with a brick, then quickly exiting.

It means it died as far as software is concerned, so you get useless hardware, essentially an expensive "brick"
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#16dreamtheater33Posted 11/25/2012 4:09:39 PM
i thought mine did i was d/l the update and it froze near the end,so i had to unplug it and start from scratch luckly it didnt brick i dl again and it hasnt froze anymore.
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#17ViolentAbacusPosted 11/25/2012 4:10:05 PM
Aha. Thank you for clearing that up, good sir.
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.
#18PsyrenCallPosted 11/25/2012 4:44:22 PM
That bricking issue is one of the reasons I chose a Vita over the Wii U for my purchase this holiday season. The Vita's bricking issue was already fixed. :P

Well, that and Persona 4 Golden.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#19wolf_blitzer85Posted 11/25/2012 4:49:15 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
That bricking issue is one of the reasons I chose a Vita over the Wii U for my purchase this holiday season. The Vita's bricking issue was already fixed. :P

And this is the Wii U board, not the Vita board.
---
It's not over yet, America! In 2014, we sweep the Tea Party OUT of the House and re-take it. For 'Merikuh! For Freedom!
#20PsyrenCallPosted 11/25/2012 4:52:07 PM
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
PsyrenCall posted...

And this is the Wii U board, not the Vita board.

Yeah, and? I'm interested in the Wii U, but I was making a simple comment on my opinion of the bricking issue. If you have a problem with this, well, I believe the adequate response is "Whomp whomp."
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!