How many people here got their WiiU bricked by the huge update?

#21Marcx629Posted 11/25/2012 3:55:18 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet, but I plan on setting the Wii U up at my desk so I can guard it during the update. If I leave it in the living room someone would probably turn it off to save energy.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#22dreamtheater33Posted 11/25/2012 3:58:16 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
PsyrenCall posted...
That bricking issue is one of the reasons I chose a Vita over the Wii U for my purchase this holiday season. The Vita's bricking issue was already fixed. :P

Well, that and Persona 4 Golden.

And this is the Wii U board, not the Vita board.

Yeah, and? I'm interested in the Wii U, but I was making a simple comment on my opinion of the bricking issue. If you have a problem with this, well, I believe the adequate response is "Whomp whomp."

lol you choose a handheld with no games just for a ps2 port,im also making a simple comment on my opinion of the horrible vita system,if you have a problem with this well ,i believe the adequate response is cry more lol.
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#23orcus_snake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 4:28:09 PM
Nintendo is a big boy, it doesnt need nerds, or especially you to defend it.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#24PsyrenCallPosted 11/25/2012 4:49:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25_CARLOX_Posted 11/25/2012 8:14:10 PM
dont say anthing bad about my precious wii u!!! >_<

---
We named the yam "Pam."
It rhymed.
#26PsyrenCallPosted 11/25/2012 9:26:14 PM
Hey, I want a Wii U, but I'm not a fanboy of any sort. If he wants to delude himself into thinking attacking another console is a viable means of carrying on a conversation, good for him, I, however, like to actually discuss things with people.

Yar, got the P4 Vita skin with my copy of P4G... it is ridiculously ugly. Kinda makes me wonder if we're going to start seeing Gamepad skins. :P
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#27kjhoveyPosted 11/25/2012 9:46:30 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
dreamtheater33 posted...
PsyrenCall posted...
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
PsyrenCall posted...
That bricking issue is one of the reasons I chose a Vita over the Wii U for my purchase this holiday season. The Vita's bricking issue was already fixed. :P

Well, that and Persona 4 Golden.

And this is the Wii U board, not the Vita board.

Yeah, and? I'm interested in the Wii U, but I was making a simple comment on my opinion of the bricking issue. If you have a problem with this, well, I believe the adequate response is "Whomp whomp."

lol you choose a handheld with no games just for a ps2 port,im also making a simple comment on my opinion of the horrible vita system,if you have a problem with this well ,i believe the adequate response is cry more lol.

And you chose an over priced console with weaker tech than a PS3 for what? The fourth New Super Mario Bros game that plays identically to all the other, looks like a Gamecube title and sounds exactly like every other game in the series. Or did you buy it for the mediocre zombie game? Or Nintendo's attempt to recreate Wii Sports? Or maybe the myriad of botched ports?

You can stamp your feet and get all defensive all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Vita has more things going for it than the Wii U does. Mind you, that's not a fair comparison seeing as the Wii U has been out for a very short period of time, but at least the Vita isn't under powered, relying on a gimmicky controller and priced about $100 more than it should be.

Oh, and if you think accusing me of "crying" is an adequate defense, it's not, as the one acting like a crybaby is most certainly not me.

As an owner of both the Vita and Wii U... I have to say, I see many problems with your post.

The system is hardly "overpriced"... and it doesn't have weaker tech than the PS3. The console had a far better launch library the the Vita did. Hell, the only game I even think is a must have for the Vita so far is P4G... which is a brilliant game, but it just came out. It's also an updated PS2 game. Mario games may play identical to others for the most part, but the levels are what makes Mario fun... and NSMBU has plenty of fun levels, not to mention the challenges are tough and fun. IDK why people talk about sound in Mario... Why should they change the classic sounds? And it doesn't look like a Cube game... that is just ignorant.

Only 3 ports were botched... games like BLOPs 2 are actually just as good, if not better, on the Wii U. How is the controller gimmicky? I'll be the first to agree that the Wii felt very gimmicky all around (from the moment I heard of it), but the Wii U and gamepad do not feel gimmicky. The gamepad brings a lot of potential to how games could be played, and being able to completely stream the game on the gamepad is phenomenal. BLOPS2 on the gamepad is highly enjoyable and it beats the crap out of BLOPs for the Vita.

The Vita doesn't really have more for it going right now. As much as I want it to succeed (I personally think it's a very well made machine, I love the feel of it), it is flopping pretty bad.

You should really not judge a system that much unless you have it. I personally thought the gamepad might be gimmicky and suck when I first heard about it. But once I got it, I felt like it was extremely well done.
---
http://martha.web-guidance.com/
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey
#28GoldenSun3DSPosted 11/25/2012 10:04:52 PM
Lol @ guy saying Wii U is underpowered unlike Vita when Wii U is stronger than Vita xD
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291
#29PsyrenCallPosted 11/25/2012 10:50:23 PM
kjhovey posted...
The system is hardly "overpriced"... and it doesn't have weaker tech than the PS3. The console had a far better launch library the the Vita did. Hell, the only game I even think is a must have for the Vita so far is P4G... which is a brilliant game, but it just came out. It's also an updated PS2 game. Mario games may play identical to others for the most part, but the levels are what makes Mario fun... and NSMBU has plenty of fun levels, not to mention the challenges are tough and fun. IDK why people talk about sound in Mario... Why should they change the classic sounds? And it doesn't look like a Cube game... that is just ignorant.

Only 3 ports were botched... games like BLOPs 2 are actually just as good, if not better, on the Wii U. How is the controller gimmicky? I'll be the first to agree that the Wii felt very gimmicky all around (from the moment I heard of it), but the Wii U and gamepad do not feel gimmicky. The gamepad brings a lot of potential to how games could be played, and being able to completely stream the game on the gamepad is phenomenal. BLOPS2 on the gamepad is highly enjoyable and it beats the crap out of BLOPs for the Vita.

The Vita doesn't really have more for it going right now. As much as I want it to succeed (I personally think it's a very well made machine, I love the feel of it), it is flopping pretty bad.

You should really not judge a system that much unless you have it. I personally thought the gamepad might be gimmicky and suck when I first heard about it. But once I got it, I felt like it was extremely well done.

When the majority of your line up is ports and three of them were botched, then it's an issue. Second, how isn't the controller gimmicky? It's got a giant screen in the middle of it, no other system has that and it's quite likely no other system will when next generation rolls around, excluding tablets of course, but those are a different, an inferior market. It's a gimmick, and that's undeniable. As for NSMBU, it looks like a Wii title, which means it looks like a Gamecube title. It clearly doesn't use the almost current gen capabilities of the Wii U, and that's, again, undeniable.

The system is most definitely over priced, it's using tech that, by this point, is nearly seven years old. It's got a crappy CPU, graphical tech that is around the level of a PS3 and an over designed controller with a mediocre screen in the middle. It's over priced.

GoldenSun3DS posted...
Lol @ guy saying Wii U is underpowered unlike Vita when Wii U is stronger than Vita xD

A handheld is not a console, junior, when you learn that, you can join the conversation with the big kids.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#30crowkillersPosted 11/25/2012 10:51:50 PM
Threve
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com