How many people here got their WiiU bricked by the huge update?

#31orcus_snake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 11:14:59 PM
When I go into Gfaqs I usually go to the Wiiboard out of habit, before remembering things have changed...sigh.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#32kjhoveyPosted 11/25/2012 11:50:12 PM
PsyrenCall posted...

When the majority of your line up is ports and three of them were botched, then it's an issue. Second, how isn't the controller gimmicky? It's got a giant screen in the middle of it, no other system has that and it's quite likely no other system will when next generation rolls around, excluding tablets of course, but those are a different, an inferior market. It's a gimmick, and that's undeniable. As for NSMBU, it looks like a Wii title, which means it looks like a Gamecube title. It clearly doesn't use the almost current gen capabilities of the Wii U, and that's, again, undeniable.

The system is most definitely over priced, it's using tech that, by this point, is nearly seven years old. It's got a crappy CPU, graphical tech that is around the level of a PS3 and an over designed controller with a mediocre screen in the middle. It's over priced.

That would be true if the non port games were all bad. Take the 3DS and Vita for example... both had bad launch libraries IMO. While the Wii U had a lot of ports, at least it has a few strong titles that aren't ports. What did the 3DS/Vita have? Street Fighter and Uncharted? I understand Uncharted wasn't a port, but man did it feel bad compared to Uncharted 2 (IMO of course). I mean, majority of the good 3DS and Vita games were ports in their early lives.

What are you defining as gimmicky? I don't see it as gimmicky at all. There actually has been controllers with screens on them (not as big, but still there). To me, a gimmick is something that is trying to trick people into buying it because it's "cool" or "hip". That felt very true with the Wiimote. It wasn't really helping game developers... it kind of became a nuisance. The Gamepad is much different. It has a lot of functionality and opens up a lot of possibilities that aren't possible on any other console.

No, that's not undeniable. There's a clear difference between NSMBU and NSMB for the Wii. You clearly haven't played through NSMBU, it's much sharper and backgrounds/levels are much prettier. You are being flat out ignorant.

It's not weaker than the PS3, which is priced at $250 I believe. Then there's the fact that the controller is a tablet. How in the world is that overpriced? The tablets alone are being sold for $150+ after all.

Your arguments really don't hold much power when you clearly have little to no experience with the Wii U yourself.
---
http://martha.web-guidance.com/
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey
#33squidney2k1Posted 11/25/2012 11:56:52 PM
Mine was bricked for 40 minutes, but not my fault at all. Didn't pull the plug, didn't have the power go out....the system turned off by itself, like a piece of ****.

Thankfully it all worked out after it did the forced update with no UI.
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake is the best game you DIDN'T play in 2010.
Please Sony, don't kill Heavy Rain!
#34PsyrenCallPosted 11/26/2012 12:05:33 AM
orcus_snake posted...
When I go into Gfaqs I usually go to the Wiiboard out of habit, before remembering things have changed...sigh.

You'll adapt, this new board is just soooo much fun and so easy to get all riled up. :P

Tempted to nab Arkham City GOTY edition off Steam for $7.50, just not sure if my PC can run it all that well. Methinks it's time to upgrade my video card.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#35_CARLOX_Posted 11/26/2012 12:21:34 AM
More like:

http://i.imgur.com/8x60v.jpg

It's not that intense graphically and should run fine but without all the bells and whistles.

Better than on consoles for sure.

---
http://i.imgur.com/8xfHF.jpg
#36orcus_snake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:33:38 AM
I was thinking on getting it too, btu Im hoping it will go for less during the winter sale whcih is justa roudn the corner...that and Ill be rboke after buying a PSe and importing SRW.
---
#37orcus_snake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:31:36 AM
I HATE YOU STEAM!

I really, really do.

I got Witcher 2 for 7.50.
---
#38PsyrenCallPosted 11/26/2012 11:26:11 AM
_CARLOX_ posted...
More like:

http://i.imgur.com/8x60v.jpg

It's not that intense graphically and should run fine but without all the bells and whistles.

Better than on consoles for sure.

True, but I still need a new video card. It's the reason Alan Wake doesn't like running on my PC, I did some research and apparently my card is one of those one that a handful of games just don't like. :P
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#39orcus_snake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 6:42:31 PM
So seeing as Imma get Blops2 I just started Blops, campaign is good, and I am really liking the soundtrack.
---
#40TheLetterGuyPosted 11/26/2012 6:48:59 PM
I lol'd at the gamepad not being a gimmick.

I like Wii U and all and I think the gamepad looks cool but...cmon son