How many people here got their WiiU bricked by the huge update?

#51Doom_InfinitePosted 11/27/2012 12:49:59 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Foppe posted...

Your sig is godlike

You have low standards for deities.

Lol he does. Not to mention that sig is an old sig used by many for nearly a decade now.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#52PsyrenCallPosted 11/27/2012 2:13:33 PM
Tempted to grab a few month subscription to PSN+, five free Vita games is hard to pass up even if I'm only renting them. :P
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#53orcus_snake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 5:45:06 PM
yeah that is why the 180 PSP vita bundle was ridiculous, it came with PSN+ too as well so that's more games.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#54GM_Posted 11/27/2012 5:47:10 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Foppe posted...

Your sig is godlike

Do a YouTube search for GameFAQ's the movie.

You're welcome
#55psuedospikePosted 11/27/2012 6:30:53 PM
Wiitaded Brick U owner here!

I was doing the update and went downstairs to make dinner. The power blipped on me for a second (like a long blink) and my microwave timer reset. I went back to my Wii U and it was just showing the Wii U white logo screen on the system and gamepad. I let it sit for another hour and when nothing happened I started looking up message boards with similar issues. Saw BRICKED, started crying, called Nintendo Support. They had me power it off and back on - same thing. Blue light stays on when I hit the power button even when TV says No Signal. Guy on support asks me to try another TV. I refuse. He then puts me on a long hold and says it has to come back for warranty repairs. I say, but I haven't even tried it yet. He tries to comfort me to no avail. I get a support number and a UPS label to print out. I ask him why the system can't come back from a power blip, why is there now reset function...he doesn't know anything. Now I read on the boards that I could have opted out of the initial update and it would download in the background. Why does it not do this by default!?

Frak you Nintendo. This is pathetic. I'm not making this up and I'm obviously not happy about it.
#56PsyrenCallPosted 11/27/2012 6:32:55 PM
psuedospike posted...

I was doing the update and went downstairs to make dinner. The power blipped on me for a second (like a long blink) and my microwave timer reset. I went back to my Wii U and it was just showing the Wii U white logo screen on the system and gamepad. I let it sit for another hour and when nothing happened I started looking up message boards with similar issues. Saw BRICKED, started crying, called Nintendo Support. They had me power it off and back on - same thing. Blue light stays on when I hit the power button even when TV says No Signal. Guy on support asks me to try another TV. I refuse. He then puts me on a long hold and says it has to come back for warranty repairs. I say, but I haven't even tried it yet. He tries to comfort me to no avail. I get a support number and a UPS label to print out. I ask him why the system can't come back from a power blip, why is there now reset function...he doesn't know anything. Now I read on the boards that I could have opted out of the initial update and it would download in the background. Why does it not do this by default!?

Frak you Nintendo. This is pathetic. I'm not making this up and I'm obviously not happy about it.

That sucks, brah, is why I avoid buying consoles on launch.

Yar, much to my surprise... Arkham City runs on my PC at max settings.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#57CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/27/2012 6:33:38 PM
psuedospike posted...

This sorta thing happens.
It sucks, but its not the end of the world.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#58AstralFrostPosted 11/27/2012 6:34:36 PM
My friend's refurb that was sent through after the first one bricked has now ALSO bricked. She's not a hardcore gamer at all and just wanted some simple and light games to play but this is just getting silly now. She's looking to just return it and maybe get a 3DS or something instead. No console is worth this amount of stress.
#59psuedospikePosted 11/27/2012 6:52:24 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
psuedospike posted...

This sorta thing happens.
It sucks, but its not the end of the world.

It's not the end of the world, but when you pay almost $400 for a new console and wait a couple days for UPS, then it arrives only to be rendered useless by something you can't control and have to send it in for repairs DAY ONE it sure does make one mad and disappointed. Such a simple thing too...how did no one foresee this?
#60PsyrenCallPosted 11/27/2012 8:37:13 PM
All of a sudden I'm very glad I decided to deposit my paycheck instead of using it this afternoon. :P
---