Reggie lies on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on Wii U"

#51HeaderHogPosted 11/25/2012 10:25:43 AM
I would say the colors are better, but the framerate hiccups a bit every so often. But hey, PS3 has the hiccups, and XBOX has worse colors.

It's better, but not dramatically.
---
The first Smash 64 was about a kid using his imagination. In Brawl, that kid is God.
#52dudupupuPosted 11/25/2012 11:00:03 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
dudupupu posted...
Call of Duty actually DOES look better on the Wii U in terms of textures (look up digital foundry's comparison shots); it's just the framerate that stutters, although they reported that it does the Ps3 in places.

It does not look dramatically better at all, if anything it looks on par with it's last gen counter parts. I have seen comparison vids and not once did I ever think the Wii U version stood out or looked better than the others, it just looked washed out and ran much worse

Look it up on Digital Foundry; the screenshots which are high-rez depict the increased textures and contrast/sharpness on the Wii U version. I'm not making it up!
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#53PendragoonPosted 11/25/2012 11:04:43 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Dude Reggie and Nintendo lost credibility long before that, kinda happened during the Wii era since it was a joke lol

So is he known as "Dude Reggie" nowadays? Or is that just your pet name for him?

You actually got that username!? Congrats!
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#54ChargrilledPosted 11/25/2012 11:06:51 AM
call of duty does not look 'dramatically' better.

better, yes. dramatically better? no.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#55ILikesCheesePosted 11/25/2012 11:08:15 AM
The words "Reggie" and "lying" used together create an tautology.

He is after all simply a salesman.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#56GeassMasterPosted 11/25/2012 11:10:01 AM
dudupupu posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
dudupupu posted...
Call of Duty actually DOES look better on the Wii U in terms of textures (look up digital foundry's comparison shots); it's just the framerate that stutters, although they reported that it does the Ps3 in places.

It does not look dramatically better at all, if anything it looks on par with it's last gen counter parts. I have seen comparison vids and not once did I ever think the Wii U version stood out or looked better than the others, it just looked washed out and ran much worse

Look it up on Digital Foundry; the screenshots which are high-rez depict the increased textures and contrast/sharpness on the Wii U version. I'm not making it up!

Yet again, Nintendo fans are taking things out of context. Reggie is stating that every third party game on Wii U looks better than it's PS360 Counterparts, which is a complete lie. Not only that he uses the word "dramatically", which is hardly a word to describe the extremely minuscule difference between a Wii U version of a game and a PS3/360 version of a game.

I'm not going to argue that COD looks better because I don't have the game and cannot make the comparison myself, but you need to stop generalizing. A game is not dramatically better looking when it's on par with the 360 version but has a worse frame-rate.
---
Now Playing: Ragnarok Tactics, Ragnarok Odyssey, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Mugen Souls
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#57KaibreiPosted 11/25/2012 11:10:23 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Company executive says his company's product is great! This is a new day for business and will set a new standard that all companies will follow. This is huge people, business as we know it has changed. First Nintendo changed the console world with the Wii and now they change the entire business world with this new concept of questionably accurate self promotion!
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#58Aoshi_KnivesPosted 11/25/2012 11:11:37 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2012/11/20/ns-newsstream-lu-stout-wii-u-nintendo-comeback.cnn?iref=allsearch

He has officially lost all credibility, false advertisement is disgusting

Whaaaaat? a salesman lied oh my god say it aint so! IIII am shocked this NEVER happens.
#59StrangerAeonsPosted 11/25/2012 11:12:58 AM
It's really barely noticeable (and why would you expect it to be, it's still the same game as on the other platforms) but it DOES look better on Wii U.

Just nowhere near "dramatically"
---
http://raptr.com/badge/ColdStatic/fs_overall.png http://i.imgur.com/Namtt.jpg
#60emagdnEPosted 11/25/2012 11:14:50 AM
Reggie lies

what else is new?

Reggie should have went on FoxNews.
Totally. Fair. and. Balanced.

indeed, especially considering the similarities between the people who vote republican and those who are still Nintendo fans

Fox News and Miiverse: bubbles that protect their denizens from facts
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus